FORUMS
positiv2

Beast Mastery Hunter PvE

Guest Dilly

Why are you even promoting the Onyx Annulet ring on here?  It isn't even remotely close to being valid for current content, unless you are replacing a 400 or below ring. 

Do you even main a BM hunter, and if not, why do you even write this, there's a lot of your recommendations on here that are simply not viable in comparison to better choices.  Icy Veins has become really disappointing for BM this past expansion or so. 

If you main a MM then icyveins need to hire a BM to write this, someone who actually spends all their time doing BM.

On 7/8/2023 at 9:11 PM, Guest Dilly said:

Why are you even promoting the Onyx Annulet ring on here?  It isn't even remotely close to being valid for current content, unless you are replacing a 400 or below ring. 

Do you even main a BM hunter, and if not, why do you even write this, there's a lot of your recommendations on here that are simply not viable in comparison to better choices.  Icy Veins has become really disappointing for BM this past expansion or so. 

If you main a MM then icyveins need to hire a BM to write this, someone who actually spends all their time doing BM.

The guide says that the Onyx Annulet can be as good as equivalent iLvl Rings with sockets, which is mostly correct, in this sim you can see it losing (by just 0.7%) to a 424 Non-Socketed Ring on an otherwise amazingly geared player (the better your gear, the worse the Annulet becomes, so anyone with less gear would probably have the Onyx Annulet ahead in this comparison). Of course, the Annulet also heals you for a significant amount with its Desirous Blood Stone, making it even better than its pure simDPS.

With the nerfs coming to the Annulet in 10.1.5, there is a guide update coming to reflect this as well.

I main whatever Hunter spec is best at the moment, and was ranked the #1 BM Hunter in the World in Vault of the Incarnates, at least for raid parses.

This tier, BM has been less attractive, so I have played it less. This has no impact on the guide's quality, however, since the rotation reflects the current SimC APL.

That said, I am open to all feedback and critique, so I'd appreciate if you could let me know the other recommendations you feel are not viable in comparison to better choices.

Guest Jonah

Hey there, been using your guides for quite a long time now. Love em ;)

Recently I've started prog on Mythic Echo of Neltharion and was wondering if the build you put for it is still correct? (in the raid specific section) Is there no argument to be made for any cleave at all here? I've been looking around and it seems most people go for a cleave build anyway so I'm a bit confused what to do here atm for BM, have not tried MM for it yet but I saw that for MM specifically you put a bit more of a fleshed out explanation (understandable ofcourse if you main it more, I do so as well) Just wanted to try BM for this since MM can be so RNG heavy it's kinda annoying at times.

Hoping to hear back from you

Thanks for all the work you do ;) much appreciated

18 hours ago, Guest Jonah said:

Hey there, been using your guides for quite a long time now. Love em 😉

Recently I've started prog on Mythic Echo of Neltharion and was wondering if the build you put for it is still correct? (in the raid specific section) Is there no argument to be made for any cleave at all here? I've been looking around and it seems most people go for a cleave build anyway so I'm a bit confused what to do here atm for BM, have not tried MM for it yet but I saw that for MM specifically you put a bit more of a fleshed out explanation (understandable ofcourse if you main it more, I do so as well) Just wanted to try BM for this since MM can be so RNG heavy it's kinda annoying at times.

Hoping to hear back from you

Thanks for all the work you do 😉 much appreciated

Hey.

The build is still correct (full ST), this is because BM loses far too much single-target (~14-16%) in order to do any form of AoE. Since the AoE on this fight is such a low priority, and the single-target is such a high priority (particularly in P3), it makes no sense for BM to go AoE at such a great ST loss, when other specs can go AoE at much smaller losses.

People who go for a cleave build are not playing for the good of the boss kill or the group, they are playing for themselves to increase their personal DPS, which can be fine on farm, but is a bad mindset on prog.

Guest joggel

read your updated gearlist. now my question about the neck. you say torc of passed time is bis. what does it make better than the elemental lariat?

Guest Jonah
On 8/9/2023 at 2:40 PM, Azortharion said:

Hey.

The build is still correct (full ST), this is because BM loses far too much single-target (~14-16%) in order to do any form of AoE. Since the AoE on this fight is such a low priority, and the single-target is such a high priority (particularly in P3), it makes no sense for BM to go AoE at such a great ST loss, when other specs can go AoE at much smaller losses.

People who go for a cleave build are not playing for the good of the boss kill or the group, they are playing for themselves to increase their personal DPS, which can be fine on farm, but is a bad mindset on prog.

Yeah exactly what I was thinking 😉 Thanks man

On 8/11/2023 at 7:01 PM, Guest joggel said:

read your updated gearlist. now my question about the neck. you say torc of passed time is bis. what does it make better than the elemental lariat?

Elemental Lariat is an Embellished item. If you use it, you have to drop another Embellishment elsewhere, which is a big DPS loss.

If there were no restrictions on Embellishment Item Count, you'd obviously just wear Embellished items in every slot, but we can't, so we have to pick the best 2 Embellished items possible and Lariat is not one of them.

• Like 1

Hi and good morning.
First of all thanks for the continuos work on hunters guide. I like very much the changes on the mythic+ section and there i have see that part of the last boss's tip for freehold and underroot are the same.
I don't know if this can be helpful in any way but in Neltharion's Lair before Naraxas, the Stoneclaw Grubmasters toss out a grub and we can stun or freeze trap them so they do not evolve into full grown worms.

Guest Gaming Warlord

In Vortex Pinacle youre able to place a trap between yourself and the Soldier mob to stop him mid-charge and the dot, saving your healer a dispell. You need to have some distance between yourself and the trap however

Guest Gramadin

Just a heads up, the Twisted Flamecuffs drop off of Larodar, not Tswift. 

12 hours ago, Guest Patrao said:

Hunter leg enchant is outdated.

Hey. No, it is not. There are other Enchants that perform similarly (like the Lambent Armor Kit), but at a loss of Stamina which is not worth it. Do you have any proof to the contrary?

Guest Dacarian

Heads up, you're saying to put BSL(Blue-Silken Lining) on to crafted Adaptive Dracothyst Armguards, but you can't embelish them as they already come with an affix

Or at least if you can, I cannot :P

On 1/7/2024 at 3:09 AM, Guest Dacarian said:

Heads up, you're saying to put BSL(Blue-Silken Lining) on to crafted Adaptive Dracothyst Armguards, but you can't embelish them as they already come with an affix

Or at least if you can, I cannot 😛

Hey. That is not what it says (or is meant to say), and I cannot find where it says this.

fc9f65829d.png

Guest BM  tree

I'm curious dire frienzy still work  as passive skill if i dont have Dire Beast  ? I saw alot of ppl  using  dire frienzy and  dire pack but they dont have  Dire Beast. 

On 2/18/2024 at 12:31 PM, Guest BM tree said:

I'm curious dire frienzy still work  as passive skill if i dont have Dire Beast  ? I saw alot of ppl  using  dire frienzy and  dire pack but they dont have  Dire Beast. 

The Dire Command talent spawns Dire Beasts for you, as does your T31 2PC Tier Set Bonus. I hope this helps!

Guest Proddles

This Topic of BM Hunter replies to Multi-Shot a few times yet its not specced for it in the Talent Tree?

17 hours ago, Guest Proddles said:

This Topic of BM Hunter replies to Multi-Shot a few times yet its not specced for it in the Talent Tree?

Hello. Multi-Shot is specced in to for AoE/Mythic+ builds.
I am not completely sure what you are asking. Can you elaborate slightly?

Guest Jigsaw

what are we getting as far as spec changes for hunter for season 4? They nerfing us or actually helping us for bm ?

8 hours ago, Guest Jigsaw said:

what are we getting as far as spec changes for hunter for season 4? They nerfing us or actually helping us for bm ?

Hey. Season 4 brings no changes to any of the Hunter specs. The guide will be updated tomorrow with all the new Season 4 information!