FORUMS
positiv2

Beast Mastery Hunter PvE

On 7/2/2021 at 9:56 PM, Guest Seery said:

Hi! The consumables shows haste food as best food, but the food link is to Crit food. Am I missing something?

You should eat the 20/18 Agility feasts Feast of Gluttonous Hedonism Icon Feast of Gluttonous Hedonism/Surprisingly Palatable Feast Icon Surprisingly Palatable Feast whenever possible. Otherwise, eat the 30 Haste food, Spinefin Souffle and Fries Icon Spinefin Souffle and Fries.

That is my mistake and will be fixed!

2 hours ago, Silkathas said:

In BM simulations, Troll race is missing.

Hey. It is actually there, but the chart is not really optimally laid out right now. If you mouse over the individual bars in the chart, you will find Troll. I will look into fixing the chart.
b22050ce64.png

• Thanks 1

Guest JTrain

Good evenin' Az.. Any other place to follow your updates? Seems as if many folks are waiting on a breakdown as to where to slot the Stalkers or if the new update to the Night Fae leggo is worth it.

Thanks for all you do

On 7/13/2021 at 2:16 AM, Guest JTrain said:

Good evenin' Az.. Any other place to follow your updates? Seems as if many folks are waiting on a breakdown as to where to slot the Stalkers or if the new update to the Night Fae leggo is worth it.

Thanks for all you do

Hey! The best place to follow updates is via my personal Discord.

You can also just check in with the guide daily and note the changelog/the date on which it was last updated. We changelog everything that isn't a typo here. ^^

Guest valnah

Can you tell how to use Cache of Acquired Tresures trinket? what buff to pick in different situations?

When will the guide be updated to include ZM loot?

Yeah yeah yeah, it lists stuff from the new Raid, but everything I already have is at or above what is showing in the BiS section.  For instance, Legs at iLvl 233 is NOT BiS.  The gear from the Maw goes up to 236.  And the Tier sets go up to 272, but yet I see no mention of that in the BiS section.

On 5/9/2022 at 8:52 PM, kinghq1 said:

When will the guide be updated to include ZM loot?

Yeah yeah yeah, it lists stuff from the new Raid, but everything I already have is at or above what is showing in the BiS section.  For instance, Legs at iLvl 233 is NOT BiS.  The gear from the Maw goes up to 236.  And the Tier sets go up to 272, but yet I see no mention of that in the BiS section.

The items in the BiS list go up to 278/285 iLvl as it is primarily raid loot, but the tooltips show the baseline Mythic0 iLvl in many cases (233 as you mention). The BiS list assumes maximum iLvl, even if the tooltips are wrong. Unfortunately there is no way for us to alter how the tooltips are shown. There is no loot from Zereth Mortis or the Maw that is BiS.

Tier Sets go up to 278/285, not 272.

Guest OMGElf

Night Fae will always use Fragments of the Elder Antlers over any other Legendary.

Unity has the Equip: Gain the legendary effect of Fragments of the Elder Antlers. This isn't made clear by the guide. I now have Necklace of Elder Antler Fragments and a Unity belt.  The necklace is of no use if I change covenent as I would lose the Wild Spirits ability. Could the page be a little clearer perhaps, then others won't end up with an expensive useless 291 item?

Guest Rangekeep

Does anyone know if Kill Command is supposed to work with Beastial Wrath for BM? I have checked both tooltips after I hit Beastial Wrath I see the Dmg of Cobra Shot go up but do not see any increase for Kill Command while it is up also in my Details its not showing any increase vs hitting Kill Command without it up ? I have also tested this on a dummy completely naked and still see no difference vs Beastial Wrath and not having it up for Kill Command

Guest madlad

The covenant/soulbind for dreamweaver links to a half completed warlock soulbind tree, is there a link somewhere for the actual BM dreamweaver tree?

7 hours ago, Guest madlad said:

The covenant/soulbind for dreamweaver links to a half completed warlock soulbind tree, is there a link somewhere for the actual BM dreamweaver tree?

Hey. The correct tree progression is described here:
https://puu.sh/Jpk6j/eb86200ded.png

The link you click leads you to our general Dreamweaver Soulbind Guide, and the Warlock Tree is an example build to show off the Soulbind.

Guest Ess

That Barbed Shot WA isn't working correctly i think, it just tells me to use Barbed Shot whenever it's ready.

3 hours ago, Guest Ess said:

That Barbed Shot WA isn't working correctly i think, it just tells me to use Barbed Shot whenever it's ready.

That is probably because Bestial Wrath is available, so the WeakAura correctly tells you to dump all Barbed Shot charges to take advantage of Scent of Blood!

Can you check the sequencing of the Beastmaster talents listed?

Following the posted order to obtain them did not work for me. The sequence posted would tag items not yet available.

I was able to get all of the spells in the following order:

Cobra Shot
Pack Tactics
Barbed Shot
Aspect of the Beast
Training Expert
Training Expert
Animal Companion
Killer Command
Thrill of the Hunt
Thrill of the Hunt
Thrill of the Hunt
Bestial Wrath
Stomp
Stomp
Barbed Wrath
Wild Call
Killer Command
Bloodshed
War Orders
War Orders
Scent of Blood
Scent of Blood
Piercing Fangs
Dire Command
Dire Command
Dire Command
Dire Frenzy
Dire Frenzy
Dire Pack
Dire Beast

17 hours ago, Fireball said:

Can you check the sequencing of the Beastmaster talents listed?

Following the posted order to obtain them did not work for me. The sequence posted would tag items not yet available.

I was able to get all of the spells in the following order:

Cobra Shot
Pack Tactics
Barbed Shot
Aspect of the Beast
Training Expert
Training Expert
Animal Companion
Killer Command
Thrill of the Hunt
Thrill of the Hunt
Thrill of the Hunt
Bestial Wrath
Stomp
Stomp
Barbed Wrath
Wild Call
Killer Command
Bloodshed
War Orders
War Orders
Scent of Blood
Scent of Blood
Piercing Fangs
Dire Command
Dire Command
Dire Command
Dire Frenzy
Dire Frenzy
Dire Pack
Dire Beast

Hey there. The talents are not designed to be picked in any particular order in the Talents page, as it is designed for level 70 endgame content. To get the best leveling path, visit the dedicated leveling guide instead which has the talents in order. 

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-mastery-hunter-leveling-guide

Some feedback on Trinket recommendations:

Primal Ritual ShellPrimal Ritual Shell is conspicuously absent given it's accessibility and place among the absolute top performing trinkets for BM (especially given the claim that Storm-Eater's BoonStorm-Eater's Boon  "deserves a mention" despite being objectively godawful).

There are several extremely easy to acquire trinkets that I think are worth including as alternatives while people wait to get some of the harder to find trinkets. These include Seasoned Hunter's TrophySeasoned Hunter's TrophyBlazing EssenceBlazing Essence , Shikaari Huntress' ArrowheadShikaari Huntress' Arrowhead and Bushwhacker's CompassBushwhacker's Compass . All of these deserve a mention long before the Storm-Eater's Boon.

Calling Bottle of Spiraling WindsBottle of Spiraling Winds "not great" seems really inconsistent with its consistent representation among the top BM parses at all levels of progression.

Edited by Kerchunk

Guest Artëy

I suggest using OPIE for traps, I started using it halfway through Sanctum and I think it is pretty awesome.

On 12/25/2022 at 9:15 AM, Kerchunk said:

Some feedback on Trinket recommendations:

Primal Ritual ShellPrimal Ritual Shell is conspicuously absent given it's accessibility and place among the absolute top performing trinkets for BM (especially given the claim that Storm-Eater's BoonStorm-Eater's Boon  "deserves a mention" despite being objectively godawful).

There are several extremely easy to acquire trinkets that I think are worth including as alternatives while people wait to get some of the harder to find trinkets. These include Seasoned Hunter's TrophySeasoned Hunter's TrophyBlazing EssenceBlazing Essence , Shikaari Huntress' ArrowheadShikaari Huntress' Arrowhead and Bushwhacker's CompassBushwhacker's Compass . All of these deserve a mention long before the Storm-Eater's Boon.

Calling Bottle of Spiraling WindsBottle of Spiraling Winds "not great" seems really inconsistent with its consistent representation among the top BM parses at all levels of progression.

All fair points in the preraid gearing stage. Bottle of Spiraling Winds remains mediocre, however (and was at the time), but it was fairly accessible. Simulations trump representation in this regard.

On 12/28/2022 at 3:48 PM, Guest Artëy said:

I suggest using OPIE for traps, I started using it halfway through Sanctum and I think it is pretty awesome.

Not a bad idea! I'd argue it is a little too clunky for in-combat traps to recommend across the board, though.

Guest Dieselranger

curious why the choice is 2/2 master marksman insead of 1/2 and going 2/2 into serrated shots, which is a larger % increase to your barb shot bleed which does a much more significant amount of dmg.