FORUMS
positiv2

Beast Mastery Hunter PvE

Deadly Ornate Topaz is showing 5 Agi/5 Crit in your post, but 2 agi/2 crit on live.  Any idea if this will scale up or can we assumed it got squished too?

7 hours ago, Foxy said:

Deadly Ornate Topaz is showing 5 Agi/5 Crit in your post, but 2 agi/2 crit on live.  Any idea if this will scale up or can we assumed it got squished too?

Should be updated in the guide shortly (back to using standard BFA gems)

I don't know to what extent we can trust the simulations in this pre-patch but in raidbots using the option to simulate a dungeon slice, the dps seems to be substantially higher using "killing instinct" instead of "animal companion"  when using "aspect of the beast".

Guest Heat

Can it be that they done something to animal companion, it seems like if you chose it - dmg is just split in half and nothing more like just for cosmetic reasons>? Done some dummy hits cleave and st its just same animal companion sometimes even lower, sim show almoust same output?!

Animal Companion reduces the damage of your pet by 35%, and then compensates for it by doubling your pet's melee attack and Kill Command, which leads to a DPS increase in the end.

On 10/17/2020 at 4:35 PM, Haldhur said:

I don't know to what extent we can trust the simulations in this pre-patch but in raidbots using the option to simulate a dungeon slice, the dps seems to be substantially higher using "killing instinct" instead of "animal companion"  when using "aspect of the beast".

Can you still replicate this? There were problems with sims of Animal Companion some time ago that you may have experienced.

On 10/26/2020 at 10:06 PM, Azortharion said:

Can you still replicate this? There were problems with sims of Animal Companion some time ago that you may have experienced.

Not anymore, now Animal Companion is a 2.6% better than Killing Instinct.

Just now, jmaster299 said:

Anyone know a source for good BM PAWN strings?

Pawn is basically an obsolete addon these days and we do not recommend using Pawn for anything outside of just leveling up and being able to identify upgrades at a super quick glance. The default values will suffice for that.

Instead, for identifying upgrades at the endgame, Raidbots.com (the website) paired with SimulationCraft (the addon) are the de facto standard way of identifying what items you should wear. My guides used to have Pawn strings in them years ago, but phased them out when Raidbots became more popular.

Guest Vorp

Is soul forged embers able to damage bosses now? I know this was bugged earlier in Beta and was not sure if it had been fixed. I believe the problem was w/ tar trap unable to slow certain bosses/elites and therefore not able to apply the burn. If you could confirm this that would be great! Thank you!

On 11/26/2020 at 4:29 PM, Azortharion said:

Pawn is basically an obsolete addon these days and we do not recommend using Pawn for anything outside of just leveling up and being able to identify upgrades at a super quick glance. The default values will suffice for that.

Instead, for identifying upgrades at the endgame, Raidbots.com (the website) paired with SimulationCraft (the addon) are the de facto standard way of identifying what items you should wear. My guides used to have Pawn strings in them years ago, but phased them out when Raidbots became more popular.

SimC used to provide stat weights and PAWN strings, yes I have Scaling enabled, but does not seem to provide them any more. Raidbots requires I sit in a queue to get things like my stat weights. Raidbots still produces a PAWN string, so I'm not sure how it's obsolete. Raidbots is just adding an and unecessary step. Only caring about BiS isn't feasible for a significant portion of the player base. Sure we want BiS, but often we are getting what upgrades we can. Being able to get a drop and see if it's really an upgrade or not with PAWN is immensely useful.

You cannot reliably use a pawn string to tell if someone is an upgrade. Stat weights as a concept are what is obsolete, they offer no advantage because Raidbots offers something different in its Top Gear feature which is a lot more accurate than stat weights can ever be. 

It has nothing to do with BiS, Top Gear refers to YOUR "top gear" and lets you simulate all permutations of gear available to you (or you can add custom gear to test things out). 

Pawn is obsolete because the thing it provides (stat weights) is obsolete 

Guest Mambaconda

The wowhead guide says that bloodshed is the worst in the row because it does not buff your pet at the moment. Has the dps between aspect of the beast and bloodshed been compared?

8 minutes ago, Guest Mambaconda said:

The wowhead guide says that bloodshed is the worst in the row because it does not buff your pet at the moment. Has the dps between aspect of the beast and bloodshed been compared?

Yes, I compare all talents in every row in all combinations in the process of writing the guide. I don't know why Wowhead says that, as it is not the case.

Guest Tayy143

Soulforge Embers on Shoulders or Helmet? I reed everywhere to put it on shoulders...but why? The helmet gives better stats! So why should we put it on shoulders?

So i have a question relating to non-meta covenants. i've checked your mm and bm guides and only saw kyrian and NF abilities listed in the rotations. is this because those are simply the meta abilities or is the venthyr and necrolord abilities simply not worth using?

Guest Mechaskorp

I am curious at what level of crit does One with the Pack become viable again instead of Scent of Blood?

5 hours ago, Guest Mechaskorp said:

I am curious at what level of crit does One with the Pack become viable again instead of Scent of Blood?

I haven't really done any testing on this question, but the number is a lot higher than it is possible to achieve right now.

On 12/4/2020 at 10:09 AM, Guest Tayy143 said:

Soulforge Embers on Shoulders or Helmet? I reed everywhere to put it on shoulders...but why? The helmet gives better stats! So why should we put it on shoulders?

It makes no major difference. Helmet will have a Stamina/health advantage over Shoulders.

13 hours ago, aceperson said:

So i have a question relating to non-meta covenants. i've checked your mm and bm guides and only saw kyrian and NF abilities listed in the rotations. is this because those are simply the meta abilities or is the venthyr and necrolord abilities simply not worth using?

We've included only the two most competitive Covenants in the basic single-target rotation to try and reduce clutter, as the vast majority of readers are one of those two Covenants. I want to include checkboxes that allow you to select the other Covenant Abilities and add them to the guide. Soontm