FORUMS
positiv2

Marksmanship Hunter PvE

Guest Melysong

Hello, is there a point to use Marksman's Advantage anymore? While in game it says it gives 0.0% and Hunter's Mark doesn't do anything anymore as well. I feel like you can use a better Endurance conduit than that.

2 hours ago, Guest Melysong said:

Hello, is there a point to use Marksman's Advantage anymore? While in game it says it gives 0.0% and Hunter's Mark doesn't do anything anymore as well. I feel like you can use a better Endurance conduit than that.

Tooltips are bugged, the Conduits still work fine! At least until Dragonflight releases in 2.5 weeks.

Guest Action Pat

Under Rotation you have steel trap listed for AoE, but the AoE talents do not have Steel Trap taken.

13 hours ago, Guest Action Pat said:

Under Rotation you have steel trap listed for AoE, but the AoE talents do not have Steel Trap taken.

Hey. This is because the rotation checkboxes have certain checked boxes by default, including Steel Trap (to cover the defaults across both builds).

Hey, now that double tap is getting removed, should mm hunters resolve to using Calling the shots talent?
Will it be better or not? Mythic + wise or at least will there be a case where Calling the shots is more powerful during tyrannical and or fortified.
Thank you.

Edited by Nickk

11 hours ago, Nickk said:

Hey, now that double tap is getting removed, should mm hunters resolve to using Calling the shots talent?
Will it be better or not? Mythic + wise or at least will there be a case where Calling the shots is more powerful during tyrannical and or fortified.
Thank you.

The guide will be updated later today with fresh builds after the removal of Double Tap and the reshuffling of the talent tree as well as builds for every dungeon.

Guest Zeldahero7

Just noticed that you guys have salvo listed as an option to checkmark in this rotation page, but nothing changes, no where do i see it listed. I did a test today and used volley without pressing the "new" spell and it did not trigger, so that tells me that it no longer automatically applies itself upon volley or multishot. Please adjust the guide accordingly if you can. I am considering getting rid of salvo since it now takes up a global cooldown spot.

6 hours ago, Guest Zeldahero7 said:

Just noticed that you guys have salvo listed as an option to checkmark in this rotation page, but nothing changes, no where do i see it listed. I did a test today and used volley without pressing the "new" spell and it did not trigger, so that tells me that it no longer automatically applies itself upon volley or multishot. Please adjust the guide accordingly if you can. I am considering getting rid of salvo since it now takes up a global cooldown spot.

Hello. You should macro Salvo to Volley and the guide has been updated to account for this. Salvo is not on the global cooldown.

Guest chunker

Why does this guide say Kill Shot on AoE is top prio? Is the rotation page outdated?

16 minutes ago, Guest chunker said:

Why does this guide say Kill Shot on AoE is top prio? Is the rotation page outdated?

No, that is correct and updated. It is DPS neutral for AoE but a huge boost to your single-target while doing AoE, which is arguably the most important kind of damage in Mythic+.

10 hours ago, Guest Weasel said:

does anyone have a pawn weights?

Pawn is very inaccurate and shouldn't be used to evaluate gear, except when leveling in which case you can go with the defaults.

For evaluating gear the best method by far is to sim it. We have a guide on that here: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/how-to-sim-your-wow-character-a-guide-to-raidbots

Guest LolaytEl

Hello. in your guide, as in several others, the priority of characteristics is indicated: haste - crit - mastery - versatility. but the raidbots stubbornly point out that haste is useless. is this a bug in simcraft or my 2200 haste is enough

On 7/23/2023 at 12:06 AM, Guest LolaytEl said:

Hello. in your guide, as in several others, the priority of characteristics is indicated: haste - crit - mastery - versatility. but the raidbots stubbornly point out that haste is useless. is this a bug in simcraft or my 2200 haste is enough

Hey. Simulations confirm that Haste is important for Marksmanship, and generally the best stat, though it can exchange blows with Crit once you have a ton of Haste (30%+). Can you link the sim where you saw the opposite? Note that stat weights are not accurate gauges for a stat's general value.

Guest inconsistencies

Your basic guide page is completely filled with inconsistencies. You provide a basic dps talent, which can copy paste the string, then when you go to basic rotation it is for talents that aren't in your basic tree setup, nothing corresponds to each other.

18 hours ago, Guest inconsistencies said:

Your basic guide page is completely filled with inconsistencies. You provide a basic dps talent, which can copy paste the string, then when you go to basic rotation it is for talents that aren't in your basic tree setup, nothing corresponds to each other.

Hey there, thanks for your feedback.

I've checked the page and I cannot find any inconsistencies between the Talents and the Rotation provided.

One exception could be that Explosive Shot is mentioned in the rotation, while not being part of the single-target build. That is because it is part of the AoE Build instead.

If it is not that, can you clarify the inconsistency so I can fix it? Thank you!

Guest Feta
On 11/19/2023 at 1:20 AM, Guest vacca said:

For the crafting sections in both raiding and M+ you mention Ring-Bound Hourglass when talking about embellishments but that ring can not be eligible.

+1

Guest Ren

Hi Azor,

A question about rapid fire. When milking the 2pc setbonus, does it pay to save rapid fire for the second trickshot ends? Save as in less than 4 seconds or maybe even more?

Lastly, to end my confusion, does the 2pc give 2 seconds or 6 seconds of volley?

Thanks!

Guest vacca

either intended or bugged it looks like the 2pc overwrites a hard cast volley even though the animation continues.  Unsure how this would effect an optimum rotation as skipping out on rapid fire seems a poor decision but probably best to try to fit an aimed shot in there first.

Guest Ren
On 12/4/2023 at 3:23 PM, Guest vacca said:

either intended or bugged it looks like the 2pc overwrites a hard cast volley even though the animation continues.  Unsure how this would effect an optimum rotation as skipping out on rapid fire seems a poor decision but probably best to try to fit an aimed shot in there first.

It does overwrite from what I've seen and then it makes sense to hope to have a rapid fire ready for that last second. It's sometimes a bit risky to throw in an arcane shot and aimed shot to JUST be able to fire rapid fire 0.5 seconds before tricket shots run out. Basically you can almost always milk the 2PC during the whole Trueshot window. I'm also happy to see Haste getting some favouratism: it feels good to cast faster.

Now that I have the 2PC it's clear that you need to 'play the cards' you have.