FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Arcane Mage PvE

So I have a question about the rotation: it covers a rotation for bosses and enemies that will live a long time, ideal conditions, basically training dummy situations. I've found it not particularly useful for overworld stuff, where enemies don't last long enough for either phase to really make much sense, though I've found conserve phase seems to make more sense.

13 hours ago, username22 said:

So I have a question about the rotation: it covers a rotation for bosses and enemies that will live a long time, ideal conditions, basically training dummy situations. I've found it not particularly useful for overworld stuff, where enemies don't last long enough for either phase to really make much sense, though I've found conserve phase seems to make more sense.

Hi,

Correct, the guide is aimed primarily at enemies who live a relatively long amount of time. Generally speaking, for open world content, you never drop your arcane charges apart from when you can immediately regain them (e.g. via Touch of the Magi or Arcane Orb)

The overworld rotation pretty much is just spam Arcane Blast (on single target) and cast Arcane Missiles when clearcasting procs. Do the burn rotation on any high health enemies like world bosses or elites. Throw in Radiant Spark and Touch of the Magi on any mob that you don't kill with just a couple of Arcane Blasts.

Because overworld content has a lot of downtime, you don't need to ever conserve your mana, so you just burn your mana constantly and regenerate the mana when going towards your next target.