Jump to content
FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Arcane Mage Shadowlands

Recommended Posts

I realize the updates to classes/specs is expansive, however, I just wanted to point out the Talent Choices for Arcane Mage and the Talent Cheat Sheets for Arcane Mage show conflicting data.  

Thank you for all of your time and efforts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alamain said:

I realize the updates to classes/specs is expansive, however, I just wanted to point out the Talent Choices for Arcane Mage and the Talent Cheat Sheets for Arcane Mage show conflicting data.  

Thank you for all of your time and efforts!

Hi Alamain,

Thanks a lot for your comment, you are correct, there was a mistake in the screenshots / talent choices overview.

An updated version with this fixed will go live shortly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest FightinFaerie

I'm a little confused. You have Touch of the Magi as an important part of the rotation, but it requires Aluneth to use. I thought we left behind the artifact weapons at the end of Legion. I haven't played since before the end of BFA and hadn't done much with Azerite power, so I feel like I might be missing something. Should I actually still be using Aluneth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Guest FightinFaerie said:

I'm a little confused. You have Touch of the Magi as an important part of the rotation, but it requires Aluneth to use. I thought we left behind the artifact weapons at the end of Legion. I haven't played since before the end of BFA and hadn't done much with Azerite power, so I feel like I might be missing something. Should I actually still be using Aluneth?

Hi!

The Shadowlands pre-patch re-introduced Touch of the Magi as a baseline spell, without needing the Legion artifact. (https://www.wowdb.com/spells/321507-touch-of-the-magi)

I see however that our tooltips are linking to the old version, instead of the new version. We will update it so the new tooltip will be used instead of the old one, to avoid any confusion.

Thank you for the feedback!

Dutchmagoz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest DeepsShadows69

Talent 50: Overpowered seems to have the wrong description. In game it says "Arcane Power now increases damage by 50% and reduces mana costs by 50%". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2020 at 3:11 AM, Guest DeepsShadows69 said:

Talent 50: Overpowered seems to have the wrong description. In game it says "Arcane Power now increases damage by 50% and reduces mana costs by 50%". 

Hi!

I am not quite sure where you are seeing the incorrect description. On our talent page it's described the same as you did above. Could you further expand on this?

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for clarification: in the burn phase, how is it ever possible to get to the "Cast Arcane Orb IconArcane Orb if you do not have 4 Arcane Charges." part?

The burn phase requires you to have Arcane power and Touch of the Magi IconTouch of the Magi ready, so TotM will always be ready at the start of the burn phase. Then, when I cast it, it'll provide 4 Arcane Charges. Does the AO part only get relevant when you would have to use Arcane Barrage IconArcane Barrage before, but TotM still on CD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Narcoma said:

Just for clarification: in the burn phase, how is it ever possible to get to the "Cast Arcane Orb IconArcane Orb if you do not have 4 Arcane Charges." part?

The burn phase requires you to have Arcane power and Touch of the Magi IconTouch of the Magi ready, so TotM will always be ready at the start of the burn phase. Then, when I cast it, it'll provide 4 Arcane Charges. Does the AO part only get relevant when you would have to use Arcane Barrage IconArcane Barrage before, but TotM still on CD?

Hi!

This is mostly as a backup if you run out of Mana before Evocation is back up. At this point, you will have to cast Arcane Barrage, which you can then follow up with Arcane Orb.

Hopefully this clears it up. If not, feel free to respond again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Maerlim
Quote

There is an inconsistency between two sections of the Rotation page.

On 4.2.2 It is stated that 

"When you begin casting Arcane Missiles between the last two ticks of an Arcane Missiles cast, the final tick of the first cast will be 'transferred' to the second Arcane Missiles cast."

But on 5.4 it is stated that

"Arcane Missiles Icon Arcane Missiles, however, fires off an extra missile every time it ticks throughout the channel, making it extremely beneficial to fully complete your channel before queuing up the next spell. Many players will accidentally clip the last tick of the channel, cancelling the final missile and robbing them of a noticeable amount of damage."

So 4.2.2 tells to cast the next AM between the 2 last ticks, but 5.4 tells to cast the next AM after the last tick. Which is it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is inconsistency between two sections of the Rotation page.

On 4.2.2 It is stated that 

"When you begin casting Arcane Missiles between the last two ticks of an Arcane Missiles cast, the final tick of the first cast will be 'transferred' to the second Arcane Missiles cast."

But on 5.4 it is stated that

"Arcane Missiles Icon Arcane Missiles, however, fires off an extra missile every time it ticks throughout the channel, making it extremely beneficial to fully complete your channel before queuing up the next spell. Many players will accidentally clip the last tick of the channel, cancelling the final missile and robbing them of a noticeable amount of damage."

So 4.2.2 tells to cast the next AM between the 2 last ticks, but 5.4 tells to cast the next AM after the last tick. Which is it?

Edited by Maerlim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Maerlim said:

There is inconsistency between two sections of the Rotation page.

On 4.2.2 It is stated that 

"When you begin casting Arcane Missiles between the last two ticks of an Arcane Missiles cast, the final tick of the first cast will be 'transferred' to the second Arcane Missiles cast."

But on 5.4 it is stated that

"Arcane Missiles Icon Arcane Missiles, however, fires off an extra missile every time it ticks throughout the channel, making it extremely beneficial to fully complete your channel before queuing up the next spell. Many players will accidentally clip the last tick of the channel, cancelling the final missile and robbing them of a noticeable amount of damage."

So 4.2.2 tells to cast the next AM between the 2 last ticks, but 5.4 tells to cast the next AM after the last tick. Which is it?

Hi, thanks for your question.

It is a bit confusing, however, the first paragraph (4.2.2) is specifically relating to chaining Arcane Missiles into another Arcane Missiles, whereas the 5.4 section is for more general use. (e.g. Casting Arcane Missiles into Arcane Blast).

I will update the 5.4 section to properly reflect that this finishing off the channel is only relevant when you follow it up with a non Arcane Missiles.

Thanks for your feedback!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...