FORUMS
positiv2

Frost Mage PvE

Is there a problem with the recommended sequence of Frost Mage Points?

I am able to follow the listed sequence up to:

Lv. 10:                     Overflowing Energy

Lv. 12:                     Ice Block

Lv. 14:                     Spellsteal

Lv. 16:                     Mirror Image

Lv. 18:                     Invisibility

Lv. 20:                     Remove Curse

Lv. 22:                     Alter Time

Lv. 24:                     Master of Time

But we can’t select the  Master of Time.  (It needs one more point.)

We must drop down the list to lesser spells to enable that row.  Such as:

Lv. 34:                     Incantation of Swiftness

Lv. 38:                     Rune of Power

Lv. 42:                     Arcane Warding

Lv. 46:                     Tempest Barrier

So I selected  Rune of Power

This opens  Master of Time,   and  Quick Witted.

And then breaks again at either  Tome.

So I moved up   Ice Floes   and this frees up  both Tomes.

The rest appears to work, including the Frost Points.

Does the list need to be changed?

Ah. So for better or worse, our calculator keeps track of what order you click things to make these lists automatically. Looks like I did these haphazardly since they weren't for the leveling page and order didn't matter in my mind. I'll go in and re-tree this so it shows up in the proper order.

Thanks for that.

Guest Frommel

Hi, i was looking for the best consumables in the section "best gems, enchants & consumables" but i did not find any. Frost mages cannot use runes like howling runes or buzzing runes since they cannot put on ranged weapons. And also they cannot use whetstones made by blacksmithing. But isnt there something mages can use??

Actually we can use Howling/Buzzing Runes. I completely forgot those existed when I did my update, whoops. Generally we're going Buzzing, but the practical difference between them is minuscule.

For the record, they can be applied to all weapon types Mages can use, including wands. It's a confusing wording that functionally means "cannot be applied to Hunter weapons".

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/696784688903356516/1054477499129679962/image.png

Guest ChrisGG

I have 22% crit and Raidbots still tells me to stack haste or mastery and ignoring crit completely on  Dungeon Cleave (M+) simulation.

Guest Confusing advice

Icy Veins is stated as being the first cast in both the single target and multiple target rotations.  Yet further down in the section on 'opening sequence', Icy Veins is about third cast in the list!?  A little difficult to follow both pieces of advice.

On 4/2/2023 at 2:13 AM, Guest Confusing advice said:

Icy Veins is stated as being the first cast in both the single target and multiple target rotations.  Yet further down in the section on 'opening sequence', Icy Veins is about third cast in the list!?  A little difficult to follow both pieces of advice.

So the actual opener sequence has the first two spells cast before combat. I can make it clearer, but in theory you'd cast Frostbolt at 2 seconds to pull, Flurry at 0, and Icy Veins as soon as Flurry leaves your hands so as to not munch the Brain Freeze it generates when talented into Snap Freeze.

@Kuni the Raid BiS guide for legs Elder's Volcanic Wrap shows as a Smolderon drop when it's a Igira the Cruel drop.

Edit: Also Lifewoven Slippers are also shown as Smolderon when they are a Nymue drop.

Figured I'd let you know for correction. Thanks!

Edited by calif94577

On 2/6/2024 at 5:58 PM, calif94577 said:

@Kuni the Raid BiS guide for legs Elder's Volcanic Wrap shows as a Smolderon drop when it's a Igira the Cruel drop.

Edit: Also Lifewoven Slippers are also shown as Smolderon when they are a Nymue drop.

Figured I'd let you know for correction. Thanks!

Not sure how those got mixed up, I'll get those fixed up. Thanks!

(Have I said how much I hate dealing with tables in plaintext?)

Rare Patron

Disclaimer!  I am kinda NOOB Frost mage. Trying to get better. 

So, I notice the 4 set bonus prioritizes Glacial Spike but the rotation I see here does not. I am confident I am missing or misunderstanding something... help please 🙂

On 2/22/2024 at 7:29 PM, Sottr said:

Disclaimer!  I am kinda NOOB Frost mage. Trying to get better. 

So, I notice the 4 set bonus prioritizes Glacial Spike but the rotation I see here does not. I am confident I am missing or misunderstanding something... help please 🙂

Primary concern is getting your heavy hitting spells on cooldown. Ray of Frost, Comet Storm, Frozen Orb are all fairly high impact spells either by damage they produce directly, or procs they generate in their use. Glacial Spike on the other hand, is not bound by a cooldown.

Of spells that have no cooldown, it is the highest priority. It's just that we have a lot of cooldown spells to get through before Glacial Spike's priority is reached.

Guest NeoStele

Can anyone explain how 33%x1.5+50%=100?

Math says 33%x1.5=49.5%.  Adding an additional 50% would be either one of two things: 50% of the 33%, or 50% of the 49.5%, which brings it up to a minimum of 66%, but to a maximum of 74.25%

17 hours ago, Guest NeoStele said:

Can anyone explain how 33%x1.5+50%=100?

Math says 33%x1.5=49.5%.  Adding an additional 50% would be either one of two things: 50% of the 33%, or 50% of the 49.5%, which brings it up to a minimum of 66%, but to a maximum of 74.25%

33.34%*1.5 (0.3334*1.5) is 50.01% (0.5001). Shatter then adds a flat 50% (+0.5) to that, contrary to just about any other math operation in WoW. It is weird within context of the game's systems and other calculations, yes.

image.png