FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Holy Priest Shadowlands

Guest Argandios

In the level 25 talent row you are talking about 'Perseverance' as if that talent is still a thing in Shadowlands, and mark 'Body and Soul' (the talent which substitutes 'Perseverance') which is, probably, even better than angelic feather right now for mobility, as the talent Holy priests should not pick. Take a loook at it.

Away from that.... wtf, have you even used the spec once?, no word of Shadow word: pain or Shadow word: death as damage spells used (often) in M+, no word of the specific changes to Holy Nova for Holy priest to improve its use in M+, nothing about the return of Power word: shield as baseline to improve survivability... no wonder people thinks Holy is still *filtered*. Might be that this mess is only due to the rush to have the guides ready (and that they will last as they are right now for only a month), and it have make you miss a lot of things but... even when I am grateful for the effort you have put on it, I think this one is a very poor job.

12 hours ago, Guest Argandios said:

In the level 25 talent row you are talking about 'Perseverance' as if that talent is still a thing in Shadowlands, and mark 'Body and Soul' (the talent which substitutes 'Perseverance') which is, probably, even better than angelic feather right now for mobility, as the talent Holy priests should not pick. Take a loook at it.

Away from that.... wtf, have you even used the spec once?, no word of Shadow word: pain or Shadow word: death as damage spells used (often) in M+, no word of the specific changes to Holy Nova for Holy priest to improve its use in M+, nothing about the return of Power word: shield as baseline to improve survivability... no wonder people thinks Holy is still *filtered*. Might be that this mess is only due to the rush to have the guides ready (and that they will last as they are right now for only a month), and it have make you miss a lot of things but... even when I am grateful for the effort you have put on it, I think this one is a very poor job.

Hey Argandios, thanks for taking interest in the guide!

There is an update on the way today or tomorrow with a focus on the DPS spells, in particular the breakpoints for swapping to/from Holy Nova and Divine star depending on the number of available targets, when you should stop casting sw:p and so on. With regards to Holy Nova the changes with the new target cap don't offer much improvement sadly. We also have information ready to go for Shadowlands on similar situations for using each of the covenant abilities as well which will be updated around shadowlands launch.

The guide is not rushed, quite the opposite - we always make sure that all the information provided is validated and correct before it gets included 🙂 

Guest Argandios

Glad to read it, and my apologies for have not notice it was still a work in progress.

Regarding the 'Holy Nova' change, I was not talking about the diminishing returns, but about it launching a second voley of damage/healing for 50% of the original damage/healing if the spell hits more than 3 targets, I think this second one is the noticeable one ^^.

On 10/16/2020 at 7:44 AM, Guest Argandios said:

Glad to read it, and my apologies for have not notice it was still a work in progress.

Regarding the 'Holy Nova' change, I was not talking about the diminishing returns, but about it launching a second voley of damage/healing for 50% of the original damage/healing if the spell hits more than 3 targets, I think this second one is the noticeable one ^^.

That's understandable! 

The guides at the moment are focused on being accurate for pre-patch, there will 100% be some mention of the new Holy Nova effect that we learn while levelling in Shadowlands once the new expansion is out.

Unfortunately we don't have that now so it makes the ability feel a lot more lacklustre than it's supposed to be 😞

Guest Sim0ne

Stat priorities have changed pretty significantly, yet all the BiS gear still seems to be weighted with the old stat priority.

22 minutes ago, Guest Sim0ne said:

Stat priorities have changed pretty significantly, yet all the BiS gear still seems to be weighted with the old stat priority.

Hey Sim0ne,

Our stat priorities haven't changed enough in pre-patch to significantly alter the BiS suggestions. The biggest change has been the increased value in Intellect which prioritises taking item level over secondary distribution in even more circumstances than before.

Was there a particular suggestion you disagreed with? Keep in mind this is a list of obtainable items from Raid where it's much easier to prioritise obtaining specific pieces. It doesn't include all the possible items from your Mythic+ chest.

The mastery and crit gems are incorrect on this page: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/holy-priest-pve-healing-gems-enchants-consumables

For mastery this should be https://www.wowhead.com/spell=311864/masterful-jewel-cluster and https://www.wowhead.com/spell=311869/masterful-jewel-doublet

12 hours ago, delirage said:

Thanks for that @delirage! I'll submit a fix for that now, looks like some of the older gems suggestions snuck back in for a few specs.