FORUMS
positiv2

Holy Priest

Guest Raz

Hi there. Thanks for this and all previous guides, I've found them incredibly useful over the past few expansions.

I just wanted to note/mention something about the trinket tier list:

You have the Unbound Changeling listed as B-Tier, and describe it as a haste trinket. I was lucky enough to get it in my Great Vault last week and it's far better than this. At ilvl 216, the proc is around 300(ish) haste by default but you can change the proc (daily, I think) by eating crit or mastery food - effectively making it several trinkets in one. Once you've eaten the food, the trinket changes "permanently" until you eat a different food i.e. it doesn't revert when you log off or lose the food buff. Based on the other trinkets available (so far) I think the crit version probably puts it in at least A-tier, if not S.

Thanks again

Raz

Hey Lighti, thanks for taking the time to post some feedback!

With regards to your mana concerns and the level 15 talent row: the filler spells you're casting (PoH, Flash Heal, Renew and others) are only a component of the spells you cast during an encounter. A lot of your time will be spent casting your rotational spells - Circle of Healing, Prayer of Mending, Holy Word: Serenity, Holy Word: Sanctify and if talented, Halo. Playing correctly while fully utilising your rotational spells and your fillers is key to ensuring you have enough mana to last the encounter.

Your legendary choice will also affect how you play, running Flash Concentration (FC) favours using Trail of Light. Harmonious Apparatus (HA) will favour Enlightenment and for some shorter fights, Renewed Faith. Trail of Light has much more value with FC as Heal becomes your primary filler due to its HPS and mana efficiency. 

The other important thing you should be doing to help stop your mana being drained is to use Smite as a filler when there is little or no damage, and PoM and COH are on cooldown. This lets you remain active and contribute to the encounter without using unnecessary mana on people who are already at 80-90%+ HP and not in danger. You can then properly dump your mana on Heal/PoH depending on your legendary choice as healing is needed.

All of this is discussed on the Rotation page. You can use the tickboxes towards the top of the Raid Healing section to select if you have the Flash Concentration legendary to see how it should alter your playstyle. Using FC means Heal is your primary raid healing filler (outside of FH to keep your stacks up), and with HA PoH is your primary raid healing filler, with Heal and FH for spot healing depending on the situation. As always, avoid Renew and Power Word: Shield in raid whenever possible like the guide suggests.

With regards to Benediction vs Halo, they're both doing comparable healing on most fights now so it's more about which fight you're on as to which one you should use. Benediction is nice for situations you mentioned above, and Halo is good when you have periods of raid-wide damage that require something more reliable - something we usually refer to as "effective" healing. 

Trail of Light is suggested for Mythic+, because you spend so much more time single-target healing a few individual priority targets. Renew also has some niche usage in Mythic+ where you can prepare for known damage when you have the mana, and nothing to help dps. As for damage as a healer, you shouldn't be prioritising damage over healing your party (your job is to help keep people alive) but during your downtime there is no reason not to be casting Smite and Shadow Word: Pain to help kill things faster. The faster stuff dies, the less there is to heal!

I hope this helps explains some of the parts of the guide that seemed unclear to you. If you have any more specific parts of the guide you disagree with or have some thoughts on I would love it if you could quote them or post a link, as some of the things you've mentioned in your post contradict what the guide actually says. Feel free to ask any further questions as well, I'm always happy to help explain things if they're unclear from the guide 🙂

13 hours ago, Guest Raz said:

Hi there. Thanks for this and all previous guides, I've found them incredibly useful over the past few expansions.

I just wanted to note/mention something about the trinket tier list:

You have the Unbound Changeling listed as B-Tier, and describe it as a haste trinket. I was lucky enough to get it in my Great Vault last week and it's far better than this. At ilvl 216, the proc is around 300(ish) haste by default but you can change the proc (daily, I think) by eating crit or mastery food - effectively making it several trinkets in one. Once you've eaten the food, the trinket changes "permanently" until you eat a different food i.e. it doesn't revert when you log off or lose the food buff. Based on the other trinkets available (so far) I think the crit version probably puts it in at least A-tier, if not S.

Thanks again

Raz

Hey Raz!

Thanks for bringing this up, it was hotfixed again recently to hopefully fix a bug where it wasn't allowing a lot of players to change the buff as you should be able to when eating food (mine for example is stuck on Haste since a hotfix in december). The trinket on release had a myriad of bugs from not proccing at all in some circumstances until you re-logged, to proccing even when it was in your bags and not equipped. Once we have tested everything is working properly again (hopefully this weekend) I will submit another update.

Presuming the trinket is properly functional, it's an S-Tier trinket with the Crit or Mastery versions.

Guest Nite

Hi there, I noticed you guys haven't noted BIS neck piece in the gearing section. Can you advise what might be useful? I am running FC on my wrists so the neck slots isn't being used for a legendary. Thanks!

On 1/23/2021 at 11:06 PM, Guest Nite said:

Hi there, I noticed you guys haven't noted BIS neck piece in the gearing section. Can you advise what might be useful? I am running FC on my wrists so the neck slots isn't being used for a legendary. Thanks!

Thanks for highlighting this! Not sure where that recommendation went. I'll send through an update and pop it back in. 

Noble's Birthstone Pendant from Council is the one you will want (crit/mastery).

Guest Niraleth

Hi! I've noticed something about the Unbound Changeling Trinket from Tirna Scithe: the secondary stat it procs can be changed by eating secondary stat bufffood, so can change it to crit/mastery whenever you want/need that stat rather than haste. I thought this might be interesting to add to the trinket page.

Guest Babszem27

First of all, thanks for the guides and tiers lists, but imo the trinket tier list is so wrong. The mana pool trinket is usless based on what it heals, and the DoS trinket is rated so low. Meh list

Guest Jayde

Heya! Was checking talent recommendations since I want to practice Holy a bit more and noticed the talent graphic is incorrect. Yours shows Cosmic Ripple as a 30 level talent, but it's a 40 level talent. Not the biggest deal but thought you should know!

On 3/5/2022 at 5:44 PM, Guest Jayde said:

Yours shows Cosmic Ripple as a 30 level talent, but it's a 40 level talent.

Hey, there was an issue where the talent suggestions on the raid were using the old talent list which has been fixed now. Thanks!

Guest Scarash

Have to ask from better ones that why Guardian Angel talent for lvl30 its waste of time 99% of time specially If you level. Personally have to try binding heal just for sake of trying it🙂

14 hours ago, Guest Scarash said:

Have to ask from better ones that why Guardian Angel talent for lvl30 its waste of time 99% of time specially If you level. Personally have to try binding heal just for sake of trying it🙂

I would absolutely recommend as you're levelling to try out all of the talents and to familiarise yourself with all of them!

It will help you make informed choices once you reach max level and start to delve into more difficult content. 

Goodluck on your quest to 60!

Hi Im pretty new at wow. Follow this side and have relize that i cant find witch m+ gear i can use in Creation Catalyst.
t
Would be nice as in the pick This one before you ge :::::: for example Kin-Tara before Unity. Same should be on all Tier gear. 

Tty and play well go high keys. Peace ZaipA

image.thumb.png.fc1b2f337a1364c0d5fa6c3c6458ee00.png

Hey @ZaipA

Your priority with the Creation Catalyst should first be obtaining the 4-set Tier bonus by crafting 4 items on tier slots. After that, you can catalyst other slots if you want, but all it will do is alter the secondary stats on them (Crit, Haste, Vers, Mastery). 

If you're starting out and gearing up, I would suggest crafting the legendary you're going to use (likely Flash Concentration), then doing the story in Zereth Mortis to get the Unity belt, then as you obtain enough Cosmic Flux, slowly use the Creation Catalyst to turn gear from Head, Shouldes, Chest, Hands and Legs into tier until you have 4-set equipped.

Goodluck!

Guest Neverender

The talents on the top of the priest tree are showing different names.  Seems mixed up.

On 11/7/2023 at 7:05 AM, Guest Neverender said:

The talents on the top of the priest tree are showing different names.  Seems mixed up.

Hi Neverender, I can't see what  you're talking about, are you able to take a screenshot or describe the problem in a bit more detail?

Thanks!

The guide suggests a talent build for dungeons that does not contain Circle of Healing, yet then tells you to use Circle of Healing.

On 2/2/2024 at 4:06 AM, Faent said:

The guide suggests a talent build for dungeons that does not contain Circle of Healing, yet then tells you to use Circle of Healing.

Hey Faent, thanks for picking that up! Looks like the CoH checkbox is missing, I'll fix that 🙂

Guest Wytchy

The copy and paste build is wrong.  It leaves you a point short and is not the same as the display.

I wanted to try and see if I liked Holy Priest. I'm very casual, so I always look at the easy mode guides. 

Unfortunately the Holy Priest easy mode guide for dungeons is not usable. The rotation is based on the Lightweaver buff, but this is a talent that is not in the dungeon talent build. It also says to use Circle of Healing which is not a talent in the build. (also mentioned by Faent in February).

The 14 point priority list of the normal rotation page just feels too overwhelming for me as a starting point.

Any help would be appreciated.