FORUMS
positiv2

Assassination Rogue PvE

13 hours ago, Guest Phantom said:

Hey, I just wanted to inform you that the BIS section has the wrong gear and im guessing its not intentional.

Hey Phantom, what specifically are you referring to? Some of the items show as item-level 50 or less (you will notice the same issue when checking the dungeon journal for Halls of Valor), but I can assure you that all of these items can drop at the same itemlevel as any other Mythic+ item 🙂

8 hours ago, Guest Phantom said:

Ah sorry i just thought it had the wrong gear since it was such low ilvl

Yeah, it's an understandable mistake. I'll add a disclaimer in the next revision, as it's easy to think those items don't actually exist. Even looking at the dungeon journal it looks weird. 

Guest AndyRogue

Hey,

Is it worth noting in the M+ Affixes section that we can use Shiv to remove the enrage on Raging weeks?

On 2/23/2023 at 2:46 PM, Guest AndyRogue said:

Hey,

Is it worth noting in the M+ Affixes section that we can use Shiv to remove the enrage on Raging weeks?

Heyo! it currently says in the Utility section of the Mythic+ Page: 

Shiv can be used to dispel Enrage effects. Keep in mind that this means you will not be able to use Shiv for single-target damage.

However, it won't hurt to add it to the Affix section as well, so in the next revision you will be able to find it there as well.

Guest Nozzles

holy, this guide is garbage, shiv on cooldown lol what a waste of crit, mastery and amp

shiv's used at 5+ for a tripple envenom with tea, much more value than a on cooldown basis starving or at 1/2 cp lmao

On 3/23/2023 at 5:57 PM, Guest Nozzles said:

holy, this guide is garbage, shiv on cooldown lol what a waste of crit, mastery and amp

shiv's used at 5+ for a tripple envenom with tea, much more value than a on cooldown basis starving or at 1/2 cp lmao

Hey Nozzles. It's a bit more complicated than that, but generally speaking, holding onto a 25-second cooldown just to line it up better, is a DPS loss, as in, not using Shiv on CD is a DPS loss. Countless hours were spent on sims on this one particular topic already to find the best way to play, but they all point to the same result: Use Shiv on CD.  

Now, if you are able to line up your rotational gameplay in the way that you described, then that is definitely an improvement, i.e. do not use your 5 CP when Shiv is about to come off cooldown and you are not going to overcap Energy, or try spending your Energy prior to Shiv so you can Thistle Tea for the full Energy regen value as well as gaining the Mastery during Shiv. The value of Thistle Tea is not the Mastery, however, it's the Energy.

These optimizations for Shiv need to happen prior to using Shiv, so you still get to use Shiv on CD. Getting a bit of amp during Shiv is not worth it, because Envenom does not contribute as much damage to our overall DPS as you might think, and Thistle Tea is better used to maintain >90% uptime on Envenom/EP outside of Shiv windows instead of providing just a bit of Mastery during Shiv.

Also, and this is important: While we used to optimize the amount of Envenom casts during Shiv in Legion/BFA, this is no longer the case. EP/Envenom uptime is much more important than getting one extra Envenom into Shiv and potentially losing uptime on either of these buffs later down the line. Casting 3 Envenoms during Shiv is only worth if you can ensure that you will not be starving Energy or CP right after, as this would result in loss of EP/Envenom uptime.

The importance of pooling and setting up Shiv windows is explained in the guide under section 7.2 in the rotation guide. Many of the things you said are counter to any findings the theorycrafting community as a whole has had over the last couple of years, and these findings still hold true for Dragonflight. If you have evidence (as in sims) that suggest that these deeply researched gameplay priorities are no longer the best way to play, then I'd be more than happy to take a look and forward them, but until then, "the science is clear".

On 8/5/2023 at 6:42 PM, Guest Anonymussy said:

Good ol' Assassination Rogues with their Pistol Shot

Hey there! I'm assuming you're referring to the mention of Pistol Shot in the Mythic+ section for Spiteful. That was an unfortunate mistake, and will be fixed asap. As Assassination you would use Poisoned Knife instead. 🙂

I noticed the easy mode guide says to use Crimson Tempest as your AoE spender, but the build on the guide doesn't use any skill points to unlock Crimson Tempest. Why is that?

On 9/22/2023 at 11:57 AM, Fang said:

I noticed the easy mode guide says to use Crimson Tempest as your AoE spender, but the build on the guide doesn't use any skill points to unlock Crimson Tempest. Why is that?

Hey Fang, sorry for the late reply!

The reason it is mentioned in the easy page, but not talented, is because the talentbuild linked on the easy-mode page is strictly for single-target fights. You can find more information on the AoE build, which uses Crimson Tempest, on either the Talent page of the guide, or the Mythic+ one. Hope that helps. ❤️

Kind Regards,
Seli

3 hours ago, Seliathan said:

Hey Fang, sorry for the late reply!

The reason it is mentioned in the easy page, but not talented, is because the talentbuild linked on the easy-mode page is strictly for single-target fights. You can find more information on the AoE build, which uses Crimson Tempest, on either the Talent page of the guide, or the Mythic+ one. Hope that helps. ❤️

Kind Regards,
Seli

Thank you! If I were to take Crimson Tempest on the easy mode build, what talent do you think I should take a point off of?

On 9/26/2023 at 11:41 PM, Fang said:

Thank you! If I were to take Crimson Tempest on the easy mode build, what talent do you think I should take a point off of?

Hey Fang! Terribly sorry for the late reply.

It's generally not recommended to just add Crimson Tempest to the single-target focused build, as it won't have a major effect on your overall DPS output on AoE unless you also pick up a variety of other talents that boost the specs cleave and AoE output. 

If you want to do it anyway, the simplest option would be to talent out of Vicious Venoms, and pick up Crimson Tempest and Flying Daggers instead. 

Hope that helps ❤️

Guest Denalo

Just a note, ''easy mode'' rotation says to use FOK as aoe builder and CT as finisher, but your easy mode build doesn't have CT in it.

On 10/14/2023 at 2:21 PM, Guest Denalo said:

Just a note, ''easy mode'' rotation says to use FOK as aoe builder and CT as finisher, but your easy mode build doesn't have CT in it.

Hey Denalo. This question was already answered only a handful of posts before yours 🙂

If you have any further questions on this, please dont hesitate to ask, I hope the explanation I've given in my last two responses shed enough light on the issue.