FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Demonology Warlock PvE

13 hours ago, boges11 said:

"Sacrificed Souls Icon Sacrificed Souls used to be the best option for multitargets situations but is now tied with Demonic Consumption Icon Demonic Consumption in practice."   I must be missing something. How do these 2 single target spells used to make this the best option for multi-target situations? 

While you are indeed correct that the last row is focused around single target damage increase, Nether Portal simply does not offer the same level of damage compared to Demonic Consumption in a multi target situation, and that is due the fact you are forced in a specific rotation during its duration without the ability to use implosion. In that regard i guess i should reword the whole sentence as it may sound that those 2 talents have some multitarget synergy where in practice they are just simply not as restrictive as the other choice.

On 10/18/2020 at 12:50 AM, Motoko said:

While you are indeed correct that the last row is focused around single target damage increase, Nether Portal simply does not offer the same level of damage compared to Demonic Consumption in a multi target situation, and that is due the fact you are forced in a specific rotation during its duration without the ability to use implosion. In that regard i guess i should reword the whole sentence as it may sound that those 2 talents have some multitarget synergy where in practice they are just simply not as restrictive as the other choice.

TYVM Motoko. That makes a lot of sense.

"The goal when using Demonic Consumption Icon Demonic Consumption is to achieve at least 2 imp sets during the fight, while not delaying Summon Demonic Tyrant Icon Summon Demonic Tyrant in the meantime."

,What would you do if you cant get 2 imp sets out? It's not always possible to precast Demonbolt for various reasons. If you don't cast that Demonbolt, its hard to achieve 2 imp sets before Dreadstalkers expire

6 hours ago, johano3012 said:

"The goal when using Demonic Consumption Icon Demonic Consumption is to achieve at least 2 imp sets during the fight, while not delaying Summon Demonic Tyrant Icon Summon Demonic Tyrant in the meantime."

,What would you do if you cant get 2 imp sets out? It's not always possible to precast Demonbolt for various reasons. If you don't cast that Demonbolt, its hard to achieve 2 imp sets before Dreadstalkers expire

I would cast double shadowbolt at the start of the fight in that case, if you are referring to situations where you enter the combat before being able to precast anything. Delaying the opener by 2 casts does not have a noticeable impact unlike missing dreadstalker extension and their health contribution for Demonic Consumption.

Guest Kaynen

Wish you guys also listed non-mouse over macros. Not everyone wants mouse over macros. Now I have to go elsewhere.

Hey guys,

thank you very much for presenting this guide to the community.

So if I understand it right, right now I should create my legendary with haste and mastery.

But what happens when Blizz changes stuff and the stats change. Is it possible to later change the stats from haste/mastery to e.g. haste/crit?

Given that Mastery and Haste effectively swap places from single target to multiple targets, for the purposes of my addon, I've set this specs values up as the following:

Solo: Int > Haste > Mast > Crit = Vers
Multi: Int > Mast > Haste > Crit = Vers

Uncommon Patron

The multiple target rotation seems outdated, it mentioned the Explosive Potential buff which was from bfa. How often should Implosion be used?

Edited by vanherring

The usage did not change from BfA, as you still want to have the least amount of gcd used by implosion without wasting damage, which then means usually you implode when your first imp set is about to expire

Under most circumnstances that translates into 2 imp sets implosion with no core procs and 3 when you have at least 2 Demonic Cores

Guest Artrysa

The opener for Demonic Consumption listed is not possible if you talent in both Grimoire: Felguard and Summon Vilefiend unless you get either a proc from Demonic Calling or Demonic Core. To ensure the opener will go off you should only cast shadowbolt up to 3 Soul Shards at step 7. After which you have enough time to cast both Hand of Gul'dan and Summon Demonic Tyrant. 

15 hours ago, Guest Artrysa said:

The opener for Demonic Consumption listed is not possible if you talent in both Grimoire: Felguard and Summon Vilefiend unless you get either a proc from Demonic Calling or Demonic Core. To ensure the opener will go off you should only cast shadowbolt up to 3 Soul Shards at step 7. After which you have enough time to cast both Hand of Gul'dan and Summon Demonic Tyrant. 

I just did it on live to double check. talenting off demonic calling and not using and demonic core procs and it is very doable even at 21% haste

Guest Artrysa

I have tried to complete the Demonic Consumption opener multiple times but it's simply not possible to do before demons start to despawn, despite the fact that it states that it's supposed to be doable at 0% Haste. I've tried on a higher level lock as well, who can just barely make it. At 0% Haste you can't get two full Hands of Gul'dan out, instead you have just enough time to cast it twice in succession. Once with 3 shards, and once with 2. 

I redid the math and checked again and with both VF and GFG you are indeed short of a single gcd until you reach 20% haste. Prior to that the best outcome is still doing 3 shards/2shards hog. This is however without considering any haste proc/effect or demonic calling proc (which has been the go to choice for the whole expansion). Also worth mentioning that during the standard opener you have 3 separate 20% chances to get a demonic calling proc before first set of dogs, and that allows for the second 3 shards hand of guldan. Either way i will update the section to be more clear

is it correct that soul rot should be used right on the pull with niya, as opposed to right after tyrant with dreamweaver? Seemed weird to me

On 2/5/2022 at 10:25 AM, Cheze said:

is it correct that soul rot should be used right on the pull with niya, as opposed to right after tyrant with dreamweaver? Seemed weird to me

Grove Invigoration buff lasts 30 second which is enough to cover the full duration on Grimoire Felguard/Vilefiend and Tyrant, unlike Fields of Blossom which lasts only 12 seconds in comparison. Covering those demons is numerically better than using it on Tyrant only, even with Tyrant Soul conduit.

Guest Salastus

In the section describing why mastery is our top stat - you have a spelling error.

Desiderable should be changed to "desirable"

On 2/21/2022 at 3:43 AM, Guest Salastus said:

In the section describing why mastery is our top stat - you have a spelling error.

Desiderable should be changed to "desirable"

fixed the typo! thanks for letting me know

Guest Myala

Could someone explain to me why you need wait with using a charge of Demonic Core until you have 2 stacks? Is it simply to keep a instant 2 soul shards on hand or do they mean you need to wait until you have 2 so you can cast 2 in a row? Does it have something to do with gcd? Does a single cast slow it down too much without enough payoff?

On 3/7/2022 at 3:19 PM, Guest Myala said:

Could someone explain to me why you need wait with using a charge of Demonic Core until you have 2 stacks? Is it simply to keep a instant 2 soul shards on hand or do they mean you need to wait until you have 2 so you can cast 2 in a row? Does it have something to do with gcd? Does a single cast slow it down too much without enough payoff?

the former, as it is up to the player when to spend these resources, but the important aspect is not waste potential procs, and since every dying wild imp has a chance to proc a demonic core each, sitting at 2 offers a good middle ground in terms of having these instant available and avoid wasting potential procs

• Thanks 1

Guest update required

This guide needs updating as of nov22 the rotation depends on 3 abilities that are not advised in the talent tree. Please fix

On 11/5/2022 at 6:34 PM, Guest update required said:

This guide needs updating as of nov22 the rotation depends on 3 abilities that are not advised in the talent tree. Please fix

Could you be more specific?

Guest Hemptet

In the Nether Portal rotation, no sure how you cast the first Hand of Gul'dan after dreadstalkers. Dreadstalkers uses the last 2 shards. My experience with this rotation is you have to cast a shadow bolt of demon bolt first depending on the proc. 

15 hours ago, Guest Hemptet said:

In the Nether Portal rotation, no sure how you cast the first Hand of Gul'dan after dreadstalkers. Dreadstalkers uses the last 2 shards. My experience with this rotation is you have to cast a shadow bolt of demon bolt first depending on the proc. 

Mistake on my end, a rotation update will roll out in the following days