FORUMS
positiv2

Demonology Warlock Shadowlands

13 hours ago, boges11 said:

"Sacrificed Souls Icon Sacrificed Souls used to be the best option for multitargets situations but is now tied with Demonic Consumption Icon Demonic Consumption in practice."   I must be missing something. How do these 2 single target spells used to make this the best option for multi-target situations? 

While you are indeed correct that the last row is focused around single target damage increase, Nether Portal simply does not offer the same level of damage compared to Demonic Consumption in a multi target situation, and that is due the fact you are forced in a specific rotation during its duration without the ability to use implosion. In that regard i guess i should reword the whole sentence as it may sound that those 2 talents have some multitarget synergy where in practice they are just simply not as restrictive as the other choice.

On 10/18/2020 at 12:50 AM, Motoko said:

While you are indeed correct that the last row is focused around single target damage increase, Nether Portal simply does not offer the same level of damage compared to Demonic Consumption in a multi target situation, and that is due the fact you are forced in a specific rotation during its duration without the ability to use implosion. In that regard i guess i should reword the whole sentence as it may sound that those 2 talents have some multitarget synergy where in practice they are just simply not as restrictive as the other choice.

TYVM Motoko. That makes a lot of sense.

"The goal when using Demonic Consumption Icon Demonic Consumption is to achieve at least 2 imp sets during the fight, while not delaying Summon Demonic Tyrant Icon Summon Demonic Tyrant in the meantime."

,What would you do if you cant get 2 imp sets out? It's not always possible to precast Demonbolt for various reasons. If you don't cast that Demonbolt, its hard to achieve 2 imp sets before Dreadstalkers expire

6 hours ago, johano3012 said:

"The goal when using Demonic Consumption Icon Demonic Consumption is to achieve at least 2 imp sets during the fight, while not delaying Summon Demonic Tyrant Icon Summon Demonic Tyrant in the meantime."

,What would you do if you cant get 2 imp sets out? It's not always possible to precast Demonbolt for various reasons. If you don't cast that Demonbolt, its hard to achieve 2 imp sets before Dreadstalkers expire

I would cast double shadowbolt at the start of the fight in that case, if you are referring to situations where you enter the combat before being able to precast anything. Delaying the opener by 2 casts does not have a noticeable impact unlike missing dreadstalker extension and their health contribution for Demonic Consumption.

Guest Kaynen

Wish you guys also listed non-mouse over macros. Not everyone wants mouse over macros. Now I have to go elsewhere.

Hey guys,

thank you very much for presenting this guide to the community.

So if I understand it right, right now I should create my legendary with haste and mastery.

But what happens when Blizz changes stuff and the stats change. Is it possible to later change the stats from haste/mastery to e.g. haste/crit?