FORUMS
positiv2

Destruction Warlock PvE

Guest Damïthra
On 2/1/2021 at 8:05 PM, Guest Mnemnoch said:

Im trying to get better and better at the game but running into some confusing walls. Im trying to figure out how much a similarly geared destro warlock is doing vs what Im doing. I need to know how off the curve I am so I can improve toward it. Ive run simbot but I cant figure out how to equate that to in game. Like how standing at a target dummy. Do I run the exact same rotation it states and see what the equals out at? I ran 2 mythics last night and the toxicity on how bad I did had me ashamed so I want to do anything I can to improve. Id like something where its Avg dps your class and gear level vs my dps 

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/gKsoZ2wmaMksVMtbHd7oQt/simc

I think you should first change your last talent for one of the other two (depends on if you prefer a solid burst or a continuing dps). You can look on warcraftlogs how destrolock do on raid bosses (rotation, talents...).

You should also look to your conduit (the potency one, try on the one that power your chaos bolts first).

Although it will not up you a lot, if will be better. Then you need to work on your opening and your rotation and be sure to have your cd up for a burst frame.

Finally a weak aura can help you to track everything and help you, Afenar's one is quite good in my opinion.

Guest Malkaiah

Heya,

I noticed there's an inconsistency in your Destruction Warlock Talents page.  Your page says for the level 45 Talent Roaring Blaze that "Roaring Blaze causes Conflagrate Icon Conflagrate to passively burn the target for additional damage over 6 seconds."

The talent in-game, however, says: "Conflagrate increases your Immolate, Incinerate, and Conflagrate damage to the target by 25% for 8 sec."

Thought you might want to change the text and see if that makes it more or less of a viable choice.

Thanks and keep up the great work on the guides!

On 4/30/2021 at 10:26 PM, Guest Malkaiah said:

Heya,

I noticed there's an inconsistency in your Destruction Warlock Talents page.  Your page says for the level 45 Talent Roaring Blaze that "Roaring Blaze causes Conflagrate Icon Conflagrate to passively burn the target for additional damage over 6 seconds."

The talent in-game, however, says: "Conflagrate increases your Immolate, Incinerate, and Conflagrate damage to the target by 25% for 8 sec."

Thought you might want to change the text and see if that makes it more or less of a viable choice.

Thanks and keep up the great work on the guides!

ooh that was a relic of the past, it is just how it used to be in BfA. Its value is actually better than it was and is not going to change the viability i stated

Guest Preferably noob

How's channel demonfire supposed to be paired with roaring blaze for cleave? How are these two connected? What's the connection? 

5 hours ago, Guest Preferably noob said:

How's channel demonfire supposed to be paired with roaring blaze for cleave? How are these two connected? What's the connection? 

channel demonfire does splash damage, just make sure to use it outside havoc windows as its bolts are not duplicated

Guest Daimoen

Hey IV team,

I'm confused how each page has been "reviewed and approved for patch 9.1" yet there are still mentions of Azerite Traits throughout the links. 

Would love to see real updates that include conduit synergies, conditional rotations based on soulbnd, and perhaps an explanation why Crit is so low on the stat priority list considering it does a flat increase to our number one spell?

I appreciate your continued public interest.

On 7/17/2021 at 10:53 PM, Guest Daimoen said:

Hey IV team,

I'm confused how each page has been "reviewed and approved for patch 9.1" yet there are still mentions of Azerite Traits throughout the links. 

Would love to see real updates that include conduit synergies, conditional rotations based on soulbnd, and perhaps an explanation why Crit is so low on the stat priority list considering it does a flat increase to our number one spell?

I appreciate your continued public interest.

While crit does increase chaos bolt damage its main appeal is in single target where it contributes to shard generation, once you add a second target or more mastery is arguably the best stat, along haste.
As for the other points you mentioned, there are no strong synergies with conduits that justify the pick over their singular output, and if i may have missed an azerite link i would like you to point that out.

Guest Artrysa

Flashover now increases Conflagrate's damage by 25% instead of the previous 10%. 

19 hours ago, Guest Artrysa said:

Flashover now increases Conflagrate's damage by 25% instead of the previous 10%. 

old description my bad, will be updated asap

Guest incineratia

Hi just was looking at the Torghast powers for destro lock, I would say this is my area of expertise within wow, very narrow indeed, but some of the anima power recommendations seem off to me, crown of obstinance for example should not be E-tier, this is a fantastic power when it comes to survivability, as many of the casters in Torghast cast very quickly and need to be slowed down to give you more time to react and cc. I'm sure there are many others in this list worth changing. 

i will re evaluate the list as things have changed but i wouldnt rate crown really high either, even if i do agree is no E-tier all things considered. I think its an ok passive that works well in group play when you tend to do very large pulls but for solo i find little reason to put that above most powers

Guest Xantii

Hi simple error, sorry if this is not the correct way to report. On the Destruction warlock easy mode page, there are several links that incorrectly reference Demonology. However I believe the links  do lead to the correct "Destruction" page. 

On 5/1/2022 at 1:38 PM, Guest Xantii said:

Hi simple error, sorry if this is not the correct way to report. On the Destruction warlock easy mode page, there are several links that incorrectly reference Demonology. However I believe the links  do lead to the correct "Destruction" page. 

I apologise, it was a copypaste mistake on my end when updating pages for all specs

Guest Decce

How come ring is the suggested legendary for wilfreds for Destro? Isn't it better to get mainstat from wrist? :)

On 5/7/2022 at 4:56 PM, Guest Decce said:

How come ring is the suggested legendary for wilfreds for Destro? Isn't it better to get mainstat from wrist? 🙂

In terms of overall stat budget wrist offer in total less stats than ring, although the difference is not that relevant. I originally recommended ring as it had the more favourable overlap with other gearing options in the past and there was not enough of a difference to warrant recrafting a different slot for those who already have it since then

Guest Ghost

I'm glad I came here to see which covenant is the best for warlock, only to be told that every covenant and soulbind is good. Like, can you guys please just tell us what the definitive best option is??? I'm sick and tired of seeing guides where they say 2-3 covenants are all good...lol Its too confusing!

Guest Llokki

Can I please get some clarification on these statements about the Embers of the Diabolical Rainment legendary:

Embers of the Diabolic Raiment is the best choice for 2-target cleave, and even the best single-target option when playing Necrolords.

Embers of the Diabolic Raiment is a close second options after acquiring the tier set.

Embers of the Diabolic Raiment is the other option for less AoE heavy dungeons, especially when talenting Fire and Brimstone or Cataclysm.

Because from what I can see, none of them make a great deal of sense given what it does - 100% more soul fragment generation on Incinerate casts. I get it working well with Fire and Brimstone, but how does Cataclysm affect it (or vice versa)? Is the reason the tier set makes it better because of the greater soul shard generation, which can then be funneled into activating the tier bonuses? What makes it the best choice for two target cleave? How does necrolords make it the best single target option??

On 9/19/2022 at 3:43 PM, Guest Llokki said:

Can I please get some clarification on these statements about the Embers of the Diabolical Rainment legendary:

Because from what I can see, none of them make a great deal of sense given what it does - 100% more soul fragment generation on Incinerate casts. I get it working well with Fire and Brimstone, but how does Cataclysm affect it (or vice versa)? Is the reason the tier set makes it better because of the greater soul shard generation, which can then be funneled into activating the tier bonuses? What makes it the best choice for two target cleave? How does necrolords make it the best single target option??

Cataclysm mentioned there is just the non Inferno option for dungeons, along the way less popular Fire & Brimstone, mostly due how it plays (background shard generation due to multiple immolate being applied in 1 gcd vs the need to invest gcds to aoe incinerate).

Decimation Bolt pushes embers as the better choice over madness in single target, solely based on the damage modifier it applies to incinerate. On 2 targets the added damage to F&B incinerate is also enough to push it above madness/RoC/Cataclysm.

For non-Necrolords ember remains a close 2nd option.

Guest MorticiaNoire

I cant copy the string supplied for the mythic spec you have provided...

19 hours ago, Guest MorticiaNoire said:

I cant copy the string supplied for the mythic spec you have provided...

make sure to give the loadout a name, otherwise the option to import will still be greyed out

I can import each string fine, so if the issue persist it could be related to an addon on your end?

Im wondering why the Soulkeeper talent is being kept on most raider builds after the 10.0.5 update that nerfed the ability by 90% (Blizz says due to an error where they put the decimal point of 28.6% VS 2.86% of SP).

12 hours ago, DracoInferno said:

Im wondering why the Soulkeeper talent is being kept on most raider builds after the 10.0.5 update that nerfed the ability by 90% (Blizz says due to an error where they put the decimal point of 28.6% VS 2.86% of SP).

I realised only later that when Blizzard made the changes on PTR they also swapped the 2 talent choices, so the existing links that previously had Inquisitor's Eye talented now have the Soulkeeper instead.

I am updating the links asap

Why do the Destruction talent trees show ZERO points taken in Rain of Fire, yet the rotation says to cast Rain of Fire? 

After checking the forums on worldofwarcraft.com, I am tempted throw out Havoc and go with Rain of Fire.