FORUMS
positiv2

Destruction Warlock PvE

13 hours ago, Cyntillations said:

Why do the Destruction talent trees show ZERO points taken in Rain of Fire, yet the rotation says to cast Rain of Fire? 

After checking the forums on worldofwarcraft.com, I am tempted throw out Havoc and go with Rain of Fire. 

Well, Rain of Fire is an AoE spell, so it is pertinent in situations where there are multiple targets. The 2 default build as specified are for single and cleave situations. For AoE either check the Mythic+ page or the Vault of the Incarnate bosses that have multiple targets such as the Council 

6 hours ago, Motoko said:

Well, Rain of Fire is an AoE spell, so it is pertinent in situations where there are multiple targets. The 2 default build as specified are for single and cleave situations. For AoE either check the Mythic+ page or the Vault of the Incarnate bosses that have multiple targets such as the Council 

Thank you for the reply. I guess I'm just at a loss as to what talent to drop. Some are saying that Havoc is OP "when it's used correctly with the right talents", but that could just be trade chat trolling. 

Guest Ryddles

Destro starts with demonic circle. Talent tree is wrong. Not sure if this is due to new patch. 

Guest Butterflii

I believe it is a mistake in the guide where it says Mastery gives you a % damage increase and a % damage reduction. Maybe they were thinking of versatility because mastery gives no damage reduction whatsoever.

On 2/23/2024 at 7:17 AM, Guest Butterflii said:

I believe it is a mistake in the guide where it says Mastery gives you a % damage increase and a % damage reduction. Maybe they were thinking of versatility because mastery gives no damage reduction whatsoever.

Leftover from pre Dragonflight when it also used to give half of the value as damage resistance, my bad for forgetting to update that line 😛