FORUMS
positiv2

Protection Warrior PvE

Guest Claudead

Section 4 about legendaries states, that "The Wall" should be crafted on the shoulder-slot due to its higher stat budget than the back-slot. That way you sacrifice a Domination-Socket though (which we learned in section 2.2) which is not ideal.

3 hours ago, Guest Claudead said:

Section 4 about legendaries states, that "The Wall" should be crafted on the shoulder-slot due to its higher stat budget than the back-slot. That way you sacrifice a Domination-Socket though (which we learned in section 2.2) which is not ideal.

Hello,
Thanks for pointing it out, it must have slipped by when I was updating the guide to 9.1. 
You obviously will craft The Wall on the Back now instead of Shoulders due to Domination gear, just as pointed in the Legendary section.
I have submited a wording fix for it.

Guest Dual

Hi Mwahi,

Great guides as usual. Your guides have really helped me be the Tank i wanted to be for our Guild. 

When do you think you will have the SoD Raid guide out for Prot?

Cheers

12 hours ago, Guest Dual said:

Hi Mwahi,

Great guides as usual. Your guides have really helped me be the Tank i wanted to be for our Guild. 

When do you think you will have the SoD Raid guide out for Prot?

Cheers

Hello,

I'm glad that the guide has helped you and hopefully will continue to do so.

The SoD part will be released soon as i just finalized and submitted it.

Best regards,
Mwahi

Guest defensive enchants?

would not fortified leech be better then fortified speed in some situations?

would not ascended vigor be better then offensive weapon enchants in some situations?

since this is a defensive spec? thanks

4 hours ago, Guest defensive enchants? said:

would not fortified leech be better then fortified speed in some situations?

would not ascended vigor be better then offensive weapon enchants in some situations?

since this is a defensive spec? thanks

Hello,

Fortified leech can potentially be better but the amount you get is minimal - no harm taking it tho. 🙂

While yes, Protection Warrior is a tank specialization the vast majority of your survivability comes from proper play, not from your Enchants - you should not need Ascended Vigor in order to survive and would be therefor better off with a more offensive option.
While Lightless Force is a purely offensive option Celestial Guidance strength increase also provides defensive benefits.

Best regards,
Mwahi

Guest Anger

Please why when I use the macros it's spamming onto newcomer chat. Idk what I did wrong but I put exactly as it's written down

On 5/19/2022 at 5:44 AM, Guest Anger said:

Please why when I use the macros it's spamming onto newcomer chat. Idk what I did wrong but I put exactly as it's written down

Hello, I apologize for the delayed answer. Which macro are you having a issue with? Ensure that there are no spaces before the macro text to begin with.

On 6/18/2022 at 7:33 PM, Guest paSSels said:

Hey, 

wouldn't Signet of Collapsing StarsSignet of Collapsing Stars be the better option for the 2nd Ring since it has better stats than the one suggested? 

Hello,
I take it that you are talking about  Death God's Signet (Haste / Mastery). I agree, Signet of Collapsing Stars is definitely a solid contender for that spot. The reason I have Death God's there is because of the heavy Haste it provides, which is invaluable to Protection Warriors.
You can't go wrong with either of them tho.

Best regards,
Mwahi

On 12/3/2022 at 8:06 PM, idburns said:

RE: Dragonflight - do people really not use Berserker Rage? How are you breaking fears while tanking or dps'ing?

Hello,

Berserker Rage can be used as a situational pick if there really are fears which are unavoidable (not interruptable, stunnable etc).
Luckily the majority of fears can be interrupted so the point can be spent elsewhere.

Best regads,
Mwahi

Guest Mark

There is a error in your talent tree guide, you are wasting 3 talent points that you say are used to open up other talents which is not true. Fast Footwork, Frothing Beserker and Crushing Force can all be skipped while reaching the other talent points through Heroic Leap, that leaves you with 3 talent points in better options.

Guest Cordrann
On 12/22/2022 at 5:15 AM, Guest Mark said:

There is a error in your talent tree guide, you are wasting 3 talent points that you say are used to open up other talents which is not true. Fast Footwork, Frothing Beserker and Crushing Force can all be skipped while reaching the other talent points through Heroic Leap, that leaves you with 3 talent points in better options.

Crushing Force and Frothing Berserker are both really solid direct throughput talents. The only thing you could replace them with is situational utility.

That aside, there is an error in terms of talking about haste. Warriors have 100% block uptime with minimal haste playing the normal build, so it is not relevant in terms of block uptime. Just rage income for more ignore pains. I have a hard time believing versatility isn't better defensively at this point. 

On 12/22/2022 at 12:15 PM, Guest Mark said:

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback.
You can definitely take other routes, but Fast Footwork, Frothing Berserker and Crushing Force are all solid options compared to the other choices on the same line, hence why we suggest taking them.

Most of the non-picked choices are very niche.

On 1/1/2023 at 12:33 PM, Guest Cordrann said:

Crushing Force and Frothing Berserker are both really solid direct throughput talents. The only thing you could replace them with is situational utility.

That aside, there is an error in terms of talking about haste. Warriors have 100% block uptime with minimal haste playing the normal build, so it is not relevant in terms of block uptime. Just rage income for more ignore pains. I have a hard time believing versatility isn't better defensively at this point. 

Hello,

That's a fair point about haste.
If you're talking about raids, then yes, HR/ED are enough for the majority of fights in terms of providing enough SB up-time.
If we're talking about dungeons (especially the higher levels of 19 and above), then even at ~30% haste we would still not be at 100% effective block up-time unless we kite.
That said, 85%+ is easily obtainable when talking about blocked hits in dungeons and in most cases, that's already enough.

Haste still reduces the CD of our rotational abilities like SS,TC,SB which in turn feed into our survivability with Anger Management, Ignore Pain and Indomitable.

Versatility is, and has always been, a solid stat defensively so nothing wrong in picking it up to go with Haste.

Guest Bacon

Why is Rend in Prot warriors talent tree but never mentioned under rotation guide?

On 1/31/2023 at 12:50 PM, Guest Bacon said:

Why is Rend in Prot warriors talent tree but never mentioned under rotation guide?

Hello,

Because of an additional talent, which is taken in every scenario, Blood and Thunder - it makes it so your Thunder Clap automatically applies Rend.

Best regards,
Mwahi

12 hours ago, ProtWarriorJ said:

I'm intrigued, is the Phial of Tepid Versatility better than Phial of the Eye in the Storm in Season 3 M+? I've been running Eye in the Storm all xpac...

Hello,

Phial of Tepid Versatility is better on Single target, while Eye of the Storm pulls ahead in AoE scenarios. There is nothing wrong in using Eye of the Storm in Mythic+ dungeons. The guide suggests Tepid Versatility due to it always being solid, Eye of the Storm's strength depends on the dungeon and the pulls you are doing. 

Best regards,
Mwahi