FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
mediocregatsby

WOD Alpha Patch Notes

It will be two pets at once.  One normal pet + Terrorguard.  Two pets.  You don't think the Terrorguard becomes a new pet like a Felguard/Wrathguard, do you?  If so, some others may be confused.

The Demonic Servitude makes your Doomguard/Terrorguard NOT go away after 1 minute.  It has a 1 minute CD and lasts forever, much like UH DK pets.

I really think it's pretty much a Pet only talent since we will control it, not only see his "poking" the boss.

The doom buff for demo is interesting with no more snapshotting. 20% native crit chance buff to doom is going to open up alot without aff having snapshot capabilities anymore. Hopefully I can finally get back to playing demo as an optimal spec. 

I love Aff with snapshotting but with really no mechanical changes in WoD it seems like it's going to be really boring if all you need to do is refresh dots and not ever worry about snapshots. 

Sounds like I may be going back to Demo/Destro in WoD however preliminary that is without even being in beta or knowing how the classes actually perform in a raid environment tongue.png

No Fel Flame really sucks though, it's great for sniping things like Healing Totems in raids or those last second situations where you know you won't get an incinerate off intime. Pretty nice for low level stuff and quickly one shotting mobs also :/

Edited by Strife

I do think it becomes a permanent pet. It's fel imp on roids.

UH DK pets have pet bars. We cant have 2 pet bars.

I'm under the impression the interaction with GoSup is you get either doomguard or terrorguard.

You only get 1 pet. It's why people were annoyed it won't work with GoSac but devs clearly don't like us being petless.

The Doomguard/Terrorguard remains the same as it is today except with the talent, it becomes permanent.  IT DOES NOT REPLACE YOUR CURRENT PET.

I made reference to the DK pet only in that it is a permanent pet with a 1 minute CD.  Meaning if it dies, you can't get it back until the CD is up.  It's the same with the new Warlock talent.  It would be SUCH a huge DPS loss if it replaced your pet.  You keep your Imp/Succubus/Felhunter/Voidlord/Felguard PET and gain a Doomguard GUARDIAN.  Except the Doomguard is permanent.

My interpretation at least...

And it DOES work with GoSac!  You sacrifice your pet and gain a guardian.  You could still run around with GoSac + Doomguard.  With Supremacy, you get a super pet and a Terrorguard.

I actually really dislike Drain Soul going. I'd rather see MG go and revert to SB as our filler. Drain Soul is just so... warlock. Like, that was your level 10 shit back in the day. I honestly hate the channel-based filler with the way Aff plays now.

I'm expecting as a permanent pet it will do vastly more DPS, in it's current state it's crap I agree.

Hopefully this can be confirmed/clarified pretty soon.

And it DOES work with GoSac!  You sacrifice your pet and gain a guardian.  You could still run around with GoSac + Doomguard.  With Supremacy, you get a super pet and a Terrorguard.

This would be very strange mainly a Demonology with D.Servitude, Goserv and Imps.

More like... Demon's Lord.

This would be very strange mainly a Demonology with D.Servitude, Goserv and Imps.

More like... Demon's Lord.

During ToT, I did an LFR once that had 7 other warlocks and me. We were all playing demonology, all using Imp Swarm, all using GoServ, and all popping everything at the same time. IT WAS AN ENORMOUS ARMY. I imagine it would be like that.

Edited by Kazistrasz
  • Like 1

Guest garmeth06

Whatever happens, I just hope they can get the game out, although extremely unlikely, by early august before they lose another 2 mil subs.

It will be two pets at once.  One normal pet + Terrorguard.  Two pets.  You don't think the Terrorguard becomes a new pet like a Felguard/Wrathguard, do you?  If so, some others may be confused.

The Demonic Servitude makes your Doomguard/Terrorguard NOT go away after 1 minute.  It has a 1 minute CD and lasts forever, much like UH DK pets.

If this is the case, I will be disappointed. While having a doomguard ride bitch to your observer the entire fight is cool, it will be very annoying, especially on any non single target fight with the current targeting algorithm. I'd much rather see them fix his damage output with this talent, than give us a stupid demon that looks cool.

I actually really dislike Drain Soul going. I'd rather see MG go and revert to SB as our filler. Drain Soul is just so... warlock. Like, that was your level 10 shit back in the day. I honestly hate the channel-based filler with the way Aff plays now.

I agree kazi. I like the feel of both mg and ds, but ds is vanilla shit!!

Unless they've gone in another direction since this twitter thread, it will just be one pet.  If you're running Grimoire of Supremacy and you take Servitude you'll get a full time Terrorguard exclusive with other Supremacy pets.  Without Grimoire of Supremacy you're getting a Doomguard exclusive with any non-Supremacy pets.

https://twitter.com/RethulUrNo/status/437632993012641793

Also:

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/437314547292962816

Supremacy/Service fully support Demonic Servitude. Sacrificing your Doomguard/Infernal is probably a mistake.
Edited by RethulUrNo

They Should Remove D.Servitude and Add an talent called "Demo Disco Party" which summons all your demons at once arriving in a 70's Disco Ball dancing and poking the boss TO THE GROUND.

• Like 3

In regards to Grimoire of Sacrifice plus Demonic Servitude, the original idea was that Servitude would provide no benefit to Sacrifice...so GrimSac would be limited to either Chaotic Resources or Cataclysm, but they were reconsidering.

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/439202640929382400

Current plan is that it doesn't have a Command Demon ability. Sac'ing it may give a larger damage buff; still deciding.

I don't know if they've changed their philosophy since late February.  I think Celestalon made a recent tweet about Servitude but I don't remember the context.  Hard to keep up since the Alpha notes.

Edited by RethulUrNo

It's all so ambiguous.  If it replaces a normal pet with the AI of a Doomguard/Terrorguard, that talent might as well not exist to me.

So many questions that could be answered with a Beta. dry.png

Alpha comes before beta. That's how the development process works. Alpha is "okay, we have some ideas, do these work at all?" Alpha is "we need people to test our thing to make sure it's viable to try."

Beta is "now we're close and we can run with something similar to what we've got here."

What does that make Delta Tau Chi?

EDIT: Some datamined glyphs...

• Glyph of Curses - Increases the radius of effect on your Curse of Exhaustion and Curse of Elements spells by XXXX yards.
  • Glyph of Dark Soul - Reduces the duration and cooldown of Dark Soul by XXXX.
  • Glyph of Flames of Xoroth - Flames of Xoroth no longer costs any Embers to cast.
  • Glyph of Life Pact - Mana costs on all your spells are reduced by XXXX, but Life Tap can no longer be cast, and your health will drop by XXXX per sec. Your health cannot drop below XXXX from this effect.
  • Glyph of Metamorphosis - When you activate Metamorphosis, you no longer transform into a demon, but instead grow demon wings on your normal form.
  • Glyph of Metamorphosis -
  • Glyph of Shadowflame - Increases the movement speed reduction on the Shadowflame effect from your Hand of Gul'dan spell by XXXX.
  • Glyph of Soul Swap - You can hold inhaled periodic effects from Soul Swap for XXXX more sec.
  • Glyph of Twilight Ward - Your Twilight Ward now absorbs damage from all magical schools.
  • Glyph of Strengthened Resolve - Unending Resolve reduces damage taken by an additional XXXX%, but its cooldown is increased by XXXX sec.
Edited by RethulUrNo

Looks like they are taking the mop 4pc PvP set pc and turning them in to a glyph for each class. This is huge for a lot of classes.

Other than that the glyphs for warlock are meh, the only one that jumped out at me was being able to hold SS longer. It won't be a DPS gain with the removal of snapshoting, but it is a nice QOL change.

Looks like in database they will remove Gosac how it be to Demonology and instead Gosac to demo will remove 50% of our crit to give it doubled to our demo.

Pretty cool.

If I catch anyone using that Meta glyph, so help me Illidan I will chase them down and set their house on Green Fire™.

I like the Twilight Ward glyph - that'll actually come in handy.

• Like 1

the twilight ward glyph is sick as hell. there was a really nice amount of shadow dmg in SOO to use twilight ward during progression, now we'll be able to use it on practically every fight in WOD.

New Gosac to Affliction and Destro:

Increases 35% of crit chance of Some skills instead of more dmg.

Haunt and MG for affli

Incinerate, Conflagrate, Chaos Bolt, and Shadowburn for destro

Increased crit for affliction? /golfclap

Pretty sweet for Destro, though. Translates to big increase on Chaos Bolt. More reliable crits on Shadowburn is nice. But, the biggest awesome sauce is what that means for ember generation. I don't think there's anway they let that go live at 35%.

Indeed it's better than 20% more dmg.

But 35% it's amazing, plus buffs to crit chance on incinerate, that's like 60% crit chance passively.