FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
mediocregatsby

WOD Alpha Patch Notes

There's no point focus on haste if Mastery still scale better in raw-dmg with our dots.

Breakpoints are irrelevant and the gain if or without them it's the same since it grows linearly.

Crit can be gold and better than haste if they add some mechanic at it or if pets scale better with crit than haste.

A certain amount of haste lets you get your important things off fast enough and speeds your potential reaction times.

There's no point focus on haste if Mastery still scale better in raw-dmg with our dots.

Breakpoints are irrelevant and the gain if or without them it's the same since it grows linearly.

Crit can be gold and better than haste if they add some mechanic at it or if pets scale better with crit than haste.

I was speaking generally with the assumption that Mastery will still be trump, where we still have the Haste vs Crit as next in line.  Seems like if the Partial Tick is a thing .. Haste will indeed not suffer DR's

Ok , so next topic to brain pick at.... WTF are we supposed to do with Demonbolt?

Ok , so next topic to brain pick at.... WTF are we supposed to do with Demonbolt?

Veto it.  Unless it has the power of Chaos Bolt, consuming 30% of your current DF to get it back later to do some ability sounds extremely lame in my opinion.  Demonology already has enough choices to make.

Veto it.  Unless it has the power of Chaos Bolt, consuming 30% of your current DF to get it back later to do some ability sounds extremely lame in my opinion.  Demonology already has enough choices to make.

yeah, it seems to contradict itself.  Its has a "bank for later" effect... yet also seems to be a massive hard hitting nuke.  Does not seem to be any limitations on cooldown outside of the fury it consumes, but the fury is % based meaning you could chain cast it.

Is the DMG modified by the fury banked?  I don't see how it couldn't be.. is it what you want to cast during procs?  What is its DPFury going to be in comparison to ToC or SF?  Just so many WTF's that have me struggling to come up with an intended design for the talent.

Demonic Servitude seems stupid for Demo given it leaves our spec specific pet eating dust, though Demonology using the "stronger demon" lvl 100 talent seems to fit more.  As it stands, Cataclysm is looking like the option for demo unless this DemonBolt thing starts to make sense....

I reckon over a certain amount of fury it will beat soul fire, but there will be a breakpoint where soul fire becomes better.

Say for example we jump into meta at 800 fury to HoG weave (this should still snapshot), cast it twice then toc/soulfire to 0. We then cast a few spells, drop double HoG and we jump right back in at 800 fury.

Really rough idea but you get the point. I hope.

HoG will not 'snapshot.'  It will update dynamically because Shadowflame is a DoT.  This means if you drop the 2nd, pop into Meta, wait for it to hit, then drop Meta, Shadowflame will drop in power as well.  You'll need to stay in Metamorphosis to keep Shadowflame damage high.

HoG will not 'snapshot.'  It will update dynamically because Shadowflame is a DoT.  This means if you drop the 2nd, pop into Meta, wait for it to hit, then drop Meta, Shadowflame will drop in power as well.  You'll need to stay in Metamorphosis to keep Shadowflame damage high.

I actually hope they make Chaos Wave worth to be casted in more than X adds or they apply 2 stacked shadowflame to stop that way of use HoG charges.

Sorry this is what I meant.

As in, Shadowflame will still benefit from being in Meta when it ticks. Poor terminology.

fyi from WOD alpha, demonic servitude gives you a permanent doomguard/infernal guardian. it is exactly like the current doomguard/infernal except it doesn't have a time expiration. gosup gives a permanent terrorguard/abyssal instead. it has no new abilities so this is about as boring of a flat dps increase as you could ask for.

I believe they are working on giving them an ability each, they just haven't finished them yet. There was a tweet somewhere but the backlash of a lvl 100 pet with no signature move caused them to rethink it. 

If it goes live as is, it will likely be the single most boring, but cool looking, thing blizz has ever given any class. Lol. Here's hoping they make it nearly as interesting as chaotic resources!

Depending on how this Doombolt spell works out I can see it being the go to single target talent for Demonology.

Loss of felstorm means we're no longer shoe horned into felguard.

My biggest interest has to be in whether infernal will actually be useful. Cataclysm looks strong, but infernal is just so underwhelming. Only use it had this expansion was burst aoe via infernal awakening. I'm guessing this will be removed when it's permanent.

If they do things right balancing the Infernal and Cataclysm, then the Infernal should do about 20% more damage over 60 seconds than Cataclysm for reasons.

Cataclysm is burst damage that can be used every 60 seconds. It also applies DoTs. The Infernal wouldn't get the Infernal Awakening damage, so Immolation would need to be balanced to where it does enough to be competitive with Cataclysm. Periodic damage should do a bit more than snap burst because of the control in damage. Consideration of Grim ore of Supremacy affecting it would need to happen. Because the DPET of Cataclysm goes up with DoTs left behind, the Infernal would need to be stronger; otherwise, the Infernal won't be a viable option. It should come down to using Cataclysm on CD being just a bit behind Infernal over 60 seconds.

They should add a castable buff to the pets that improve some of our spells for the duration. Something needs to be added to make Doomguard/Infernal less boring and feel like they actually synergize.

• iwarlocks.gif Warlock 
    • Demonic Breath has been removed.
      • Howl of Terror is now a Level-30 talent, replacing Demonic Breath.

STOP SCREWING WITH MY DEMONIC BREATH, BLIZZARD. Give it to me, take it away, give it to me, take it away. NADNOSA{NDKL: AWNDOJN KOSAN JOD 

Combat resurrections are an extremely powerful tool that players have while in combat. Naturally, we apply some limitations. In Mists of Pandaria, that limit was 1 resurrection during a given raid boss encounter for 10-player modes and 3 for 25-player modes. With Flexible difficulty introduced in Patch 5.4, we erred on the forgiving side, and gave Flexible Raids 3 resurrections regardless of raid size.

In Warlords of Draenor, the Flex tech has expanded to more difficulty levels, and we needed a new system to handle combat resurrections more fairly. We knew that continuing with a constant 3 would encourage using the smallest possible raid sizes, while scaling with hard breakpoints would discourage specific group sizes just under those points. Additionally, the limit is not shown anywhere in-game, so it can be easy to lose track of how many resurrections the raid has available (or even know that the limit exists).

So we’ve built a new system to be more transparent, and improve usability.

• During a boss encounter, all combat resurrection spells now share a single raid-wide pool of charges that’s visible on the action bar button.
  • Upon engaging a boss, all combat resurrection spells will have their cooldowns reset and begin with 1 charge. Charges will accumulate at a rate of 1 per (90/RaidSize) minutes.
    • Example 1: A 10-player raid will accumulate 1 charge every 9 minutes (90/10 = 9).
    • Example 2: A 20-player raid will accumulate 1 charge every 4.5 minutes (90/20 = 4.5).
  • A charge will only be deducted when a combat resurrection is successful (when the target accepts the resurrection).
  • Raid frames now show a debuff indicating that a dead player has a pending combat resurrection available.
  • Outside of raid boss encounters, combat resurrection spells retain their normal cooldown behavior.

Not warlock notes, but interesting. I like it.

come on, increasing demonic portal again?! The next patch notes just mine as well say "Demonic Portal may only be used once per week per account".

Edited by vaeevictiss

come on, increasing demonic portal again?! The next patch notes just mine as well say "Demonic Portal may only be used once per week per account".

Kinda already is this way.

Take it back from first engineer on Garrosh then that's it.

The CD doesn't bug me. The range reduction is what I find a little annoying. But I also assume that devas take this in to account when building mythic fights, so likely it will work out. The range reductionin in PvP as a warlock sucks, from my warriors POV its awesome.

Not warlock notes, but interesting. I like it.

So essentially, they are nerfing combat rez for more than 10 players raids.

They should have scaled number of rez with difficulty. Like :

- a charge system with 1 rez per 10 players in mythic.

- a charge system with 2 rez per 10 players in heroic

- a flat 2 per 10 players in normal

So essentially, they are nerfing combat rez for more than 10 players raids.

They should have scaled number of rez with difficulty. Like :

- a charge system with 1 rez per 10 players in mythic.

- a charge system with 2 rez per 10 players in heroic

- a flat 2 per 10 players in normal

To be fair, 10 player raids will only be doing Flex and Normal content - all serious progression will be done with 20 players, so it's pretty legit in my opinion to tailor it towards 20.

The reason they don't do a flat number is because of the flexibility of flex and normal content.  They'd have to program something completely different for different difficulties, so what they did makes the most sense.

Just saw this glyph on sparkuggz.... 

Glyph of soul swap:

You can now hold your inhaled dots for 27 additional seconds.

WAT?! That sounds like something aff would trade numerous sexual favors for now, but that is going to prove like 95% useless when snapshotting goes away....

Would be a great glyph for an awkward phase transition or where something becomes immune.  My question is if it will let us put those DoTs back onto its original target since you could inhale, wait for them to fall off, and re-exhale.  Most likely not, but it's a question.

Would be a great glyph for an awkward phase transition or where something becomes immune.  My question is if it will let us put those DoTs back onto its original target since you could inhale, wait for them to fall off, and re-exhale.  Most likely not, but it's a question.

That was my reaction. I could see it being really good on something like Garrosh (in the current tier) transition. But that's the 5% I was thinking of.

Remember that time where I broke the game and retained a snapshot on a set of dots by allowing inhale to fall off and then soulburn exhaling? Yea.....