FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Brya

List of known 6.0 pet ability changes and additions.

Evening folks, been going through the patch data on wowhead and found some of the new pet ability changes with the removal of pet cc abilities. I'll be going through other forums to fill in the blanks tomorrow. For now, here is a compiled list of new pet abilties and the changes to current ones. Oh and a bonus of 3 new pet types!

Please remember these may change as the expansion develops, but nonetheless interesting things to take note of.

First off the new pets

Our new Exotic pets are Dragonflies with Flourish. I really like these combination buffs, haven't found its other ability(ies) yet.

The second pet on the list are Riverbeasts with Gruesome Bite. I'm assuming these are going to be jurrasic Crocolisks that will look awesome.

And Finally for the third Hydras!!! They will be coming with Keen Senses. Right now hydras give 5% crit so it's an interesting change but who cares Hydras!

As to current pet changes:

- Cranes are now able to battle rez with Gift of Chi-ji. Blizzard decided to listen to some hunters complaints of being forced into Beast Mastery for a Quilen, finally another option.

- Crabs are Joining Turtles and Beetles as a Tank pet option with Harden Shell.

- Corehounds are receiving an interesting ability with Molten Hide. I can see this ability maybe being changed depending how it interacts in raid situations. Corehounds still have Ancient Hysteria.

- The now raid infamous Tallstrider now brings Mastery with Plainswalking. No more needing to bring a turkey for AoE sunder yay!

- Monkeys gain an interesting and odd ability in Primal Agility.

- Shale spiders are now a tank option with Solid Shell.

- Wasps may be seeing more raid time because of Speed of the Swarm.

- Quilen are gaining a cool ability with Stone Armor. Not sure if they still have a battle rez.

- Raptors are a new mage replacement with Strength of the Pack.

- Birds of Prey (Owls/Eagles) will see more raid time with Talon Strike.

- Silithids now like to use Tendon Rip instead of web shooting.

- Rhinos won't be able to knock people around anymore but gain Thick Hide

- Spiders will still use their webbing to some degree with Web Spray.

- The Fox pets are gaining Agile Reflexes.

- Porcupines may also see raid time with Barbed Quills.

- Rhinos won't be able to knockback anymore but get Thick Hide

- Crocolisks finally get an ability that suits them with Deadly Bite

- Scorpions gain Deadly Sting.

- Moths are receiving a battle rez with Dust of Life.

- Devilsaurs are also getting a new ability called Feast.

Updates:

I don't have working links yet for these but here are further changes:

- Dogs now provide 5% stats

- Gorillas now provide 5% stats

- Worms now provide 5% stats

- Bears now provide stamina

- Goats now provide stamina

- Silithids now provide spellpower

- Serpents/Arcane Wyrms now provide spellpower

- Shale spiders now also provide 5% crit

- Bats now provide 5% magic vulnerability

- Basilisks now provide 5% magic vulnerability

- Carrion birds now Provide Mortal Wounds

- Nether Rays now Provide Heroism

- Dragonflies provide Slowfall for itself and its master.

Oh also found the buffs we can bring with the lone wolf buff, they're basically our new aspects and I assume they replace the aspect bar (or I hope so at least).

- Lone Wolf: Ferocity of the Raptor

Lone Wolf: Fortitude of the Bear

Lone Wolf: Grace of the Cat

Lone Wolf: Haste of the Hyena

Lone Wolf: Power of the Primates

Lone Wolf: Wisdom of the Serpent

What do you guys think?

So the melee/ranged attack speed is now melee/ranged/spell haste?  Well this is nice.  2 new b-rezes that are not BM specific is really nice.  Some of the buffs seem a bit (dodge chance???) but they fit the pet race/type. 

Riverbeasts are basically hippos

I like that I'll be able to bring new pets to raid.

Also the new pet skins are so pretty!

Updated the list, It seems they want Exotics to have a combination of 3 buffs/debuffs/abilities which is nice and will still make exotics worth it. I'm a little annoyed at the change of serpents from haste to spellpower, my arcane wyrm will be missed. Overall the distribution seems well balanced and with the change to mythic raiding, most of the time a hunter should be able to bring whatever they wish to raids. 

Well, I know what the first pet I'm taming is, those dragonflies better have a good model.

Well, I know what the first pet I'm taming is, those dragonflies better have a good model.

Exotics usually have awesome skins so I have high hopes. The slowfall will be useful especially because of disengage not going off fast enough in freefall sometimes.

Also We aren't getting access to clefthoof or Talbuk yet. Depending how the beta goes we may get them as Rhinos and Goats respecively. With how the WoD talbuk are looking I'm reaaaallllyyy hoping we do.