Opcaz

Need Help as BM Hunter! Comes with logs!

Sign in to follow this  

12 posts in this topic

Spec: BM

Item Level: 529

Expectations:165k - 175k

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/spirestone/Goonstho/advanced

Worldoflogs Link:http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PcbqwtAK2BTFmG9Q/#type=damage-done&source=100&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24damage%240%240.0.0.Any%2495612006.0.0.Hunter%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%24121414

Femaledwarf Link: http://www.femaledwarf.com/

was only pulling around 150k for the fight and simcraft and female dwarf are telling me i should be hitting the 175k mark. I must be doing something wrong. need help all is appreciated

Edit: Item Level: 533

Expectaions: 175k-185k

Edited by Opcaz

Better focus pooling and KC usage would see you rise a little bit.  42 casts out of a possible 48.

Another thing to do is make sure BW covers two KCs by having KC very near or off CD before you activate BW.

Otherwise, your play is pretty solid.  Advanced techniques could include trying to hover around 70 avg focus, swinging from 100 to 40 instead of 70 to 10.  Makes not capping harder, but makes sure you get every possible KC.

Edited by Hybrys

I agree with Hybrys. You know the bm priority pretty well. You may find an add line JSHB can help you with estimating your focus for your next shot. Its a pretty nifty addon that puts customizable focus bar on your screen.

So here you can see that casting my cobra shot will almost focus cap me. My bar will change colors depending on what my current focus is. Below 40 focus it turns red, below 95 it turns green and at 96+ its a yellow color. The darker yellow indicates what my focus will be after cobra shot hits.  It also shows you the focus regen if you are casting a cobra shot. It will show you dps cooldowns and durations. 

WoWScrnShot_041314_221045.jpg

Better focus pooling and KC usage would see you rise a little bit.  42 casts out of a possible 48.

Another thing to do is make sure BW covers two KCs by having KC very near or off CD before you activate BW.

Otherwise, your play is pretty solid.  Advanced techniques could include trying to hover around 70 avg focus, swinging from 100 to 40 instead of 70 to 10.  Makes not capping harder, but makes sure you get every possible KC.

Thanks for the response Hybrys , I've never tried hovering over high amounts of focus, I've been told that spending = DPS . How does the 100-40 pool range work and does it feel the same ?

Thanks for the response Hybrys , I've never tried hovering over high amounts of focus, I've been told that spending = DPS . How does the 100-40 pool range work and does it feel the same ?

Spending does = DPS, but you spend and gain the same amounts when pooling focus; it just looks like a higher number.  When the fight is coming to a close (last 10-15 seconds), you'd dump your focus to 0 and come out exactly the same as not pooling, as long as you didn't focus cap.

It feels pretty awkward, really.  You have to train yourself to not spend it.  But it would definitively fix your KC issue by always having focus available for it.

The alternative is better predicting when KC is going to come off CD, and having 50 focus ready for that.  That requires a lot of attention and forethought compared to trying to pool, though.

Edited by Hybrys

Spending does = DPS, but you spend and gain the same amounts when pooling focus; it just looks like a higher number.  When the fight is coming to a close (last 10-15 seconds), you'd dump your focus to 0 and come out exactly the same as not pooling, as long as you didn't focus cap.

It feels pretty awkward, really.  You have to train yourself to not spend it.  But it would definitively fix your KC issue by always having focus available for it.

The alternative is better predicting when KC is going to come off CD, and having 50 focus ready for that.  That requires a lot of attention and forethought compared to trying to pool, though.

I've been told that when opening not to use focus gaining cd's ex.(Dire beast, Cobra shot) because of the buff you get from bestial wrath, is it true in this case ? Am I at all times trying to keep 40-100 focus besides the last 10-15secs. Thanks again for the reply

Edited by Opcaz

I agree with Hybrys. You know the bm priority pretty well. You may find an add line JSHB can help you with estimating your focus for your next shot. Its a pretty nifty addon that puts customizable focus bar on your screen.

So here you can see that casting my cobra shot will almost focus cap me. My bar will change colors depending on what my current focus is. Below 40 focus it turns red, below 95 it turns green and at 96+ its a yellow color. The darker yellow indicates what my focus will be after cobra shot hits.  It also shows you the focus regen if you are casting a cobra shot. It will show you dps cooldowns and durations. 

I use stay focused as my focus bar, do you favor this one better ?

I've been told that when opening not to use focus gaining cd's ex.(Dire beast, Cobra shot) because of the buff you get from bestial wrath, is it true in this case ? Am I at all times trying to keep 40-100 focus besides the last 10-15secs. Thanks again for the reply

I always hit Dire Beast and Bestial Wrath together, personally.  They line up together so nicely, and the extra focus from Dire Beast could allow more Arcane Shots during BW.

Typically, you'll want to avoid Cobra Shot, and only use spenders (KC > GT > Arc) during BW.  This is because your spenders do more damage than Cobra Shot and the multiplier affects them more.

What I used to do is sit around 30-35 focus, until KC has around 1.5 sec of the CD left, then I Cobra Shot into a KC.  Pooling focus isn't a hard and fast rule.  It's just worthwhile to know that KC is the most important spell, and if you don't hit it every time you're losing damage.

http://i.imgur.com/rxXVTsS.png

Here is my ui

Yea that looks great. I know it has taken me a long time refine my ui. A good ui can increase dps as much as getting the shot priorities right. 

was that copied from rogerbrown from method if so how r u liking it

I love it , and yes that's what is was i did some tweaking