FORUMS
Musketeer

Disc Priest looking for improvement

Hi there o/

I've been playing priest since wotlk, just started to play disc priest in MoP though. I've studied the guides on ice-veins and other resources as well. I thought it's a good idea to look for some expert advises after a while playing it, so here I am! 

Here is the log, which ain't that much of a neat one, but that's all I've got for now, I just started to log the fights. it worth mentioning that there are flex fights on the log too but i think we better focus on normal fights...

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/waXZ6RdDTc7vkHGy/#fight=18&type=healing

Here is the link to armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Svila/advanced

I know about my gear, and that crit thingy :P the reason I don't have crit on my items right now is I'm asked to start switching to shadow with healing off-spec, and that's why I re-reforged crit to haste...

So... every piece of advice, everything u think u can help me with and every point u think I'm missing (can be many ones)... are muuuuuch appreciated.

Thanks in advance <3

Looking through your normal fights I only see you use Spirit Shell once, on your Thok attempt. Spirit Shell is a very potent ability and should be used whenever there is damage that can be absorbed, depending on your strategy on spoils you could have used it at least four times, once for every boss. Similarly on Malkorok when you stack up you can use Spirit shell to  reduce the damage you need to heal. There are reasons to use Spirit Shell on every encounter, so use it!

Similarly your uptime on Archangel is too low. AA is a 25% percent increase to your healing and an additional 10% crit. There are no circumstances under which you should have less than 40% uptime on the spell(theoretically optimal uptime is 60% with its 18 seconds duration and 30 seconds cooldown). You're missing out on a lot of throughput not using this spell.

Relatedly you should be using penance on cooldown. It's one of your most potent spells and has a very high HPM. On a fight like spoils you should be seeing at least 5-6 penances a minute, or 15-18 ticks per minutes. You had 60 which is equal to four minutes of the encounter, meanwhile your kill took 7.

You're also using Greater Heal a lot. Usually there is no need to use this spell. Using PWS before the damage hits or healing it up through atonement will usually do the trick. Esp. on a fight like Malkorok that is all about AoE healing, there is no need to use that spell at all. Instead use PoH when AA is up, it heals for much more.

You're also seeing very few rapture procs. On Malkorok I'm counting three, on spoils 6 and on Thok 3. You can proc it five times a minute.

Generally speaking Power Word: Solace is the better choice of L45 talents. The net gain of it, used on cooldown, is higher than Mindbender and it additionally heals.

If you want to have a shadow OS, get shadow gear. Haste is absolutely terrible for disc priests. Stack spirit till you're comfortable with your regen, then go all in on crit, secondarily mastery.

Always gem potent in red, misty in blue and smooth in yellow with the exception of bonuses that are spirit or haste(such as rings or feet). At your gear level, there is absolutely no reason to gem pure intellect.

Edited by steve
  • Like 3

Thank you so much Steve for the time, I really appreciate it.

you're very true about the buffs, I happen to have the bad habit of saving buffs and not using them, that just like u said reduce the amount of healing done. I'll be working on it. I think I should start to master weak auras :D

With your advises, now I feel like maybe I don't have a proper understanding of fight mechanics sometimes. for example, in Thok encounter our guild always solo tank it, and after 20-35 sec the fight goes to the moments when nobody can actually cast or channel any spell, only instant spells are technically usable, so how am I supposed to heal in a moment like that without getting my spec locked? which is important since after 10-12 stacks of debuff on the tank we're gonna need my barrier and pain suppression.

Thanks again mate, I'll be here with new logs when possible (next lockout) :D

Cheers

in Thok encounter our guild always solo tank it, and after 20-35 sec the fight goes to the moments when nobody can actually cast or channel any spell, only instant spells are technically usable, so how am I supposed to heal in a moment like that without getting my spec locked? which is important since after 10-12 stacks of debuff on the tank we're gonna need my barrier and pain suppression.

Since you do not have any Paladins to give you Hand of Sacrifice or Devotion Aura you'll want to use Inner Focus to get off uninterrupted casts at the higher stacks.  I know you only attempted one pull but it went for over 2min.  Squeeze in an Inner Focus/SS/PoH blanket early in the fight at a time where IF/ SS will be up again when you need it at "X" minutes in.  Make sure you PWS infront of your IF/SS/PoH.  This will allow you to get two uninterrupted PoH off before the IF buff fades.  If you don't use a stop cast for penance, it helps if you unglyph it to allow you to cast it in between interrupts w/o getting locked out.  You'll want to use DS more aggressively.  3x in 2.5min is not enough.  Same with PWS and PoM, you'll want to get more of them up in between interrupts.  On my first two kills, I took an output loss and equipped the Focused Mending Glyph to help keep PoM bouncing between just me and the tank.  It allowed me a little less focus on the tank and more on the raid.  Just make sure you hitting the tank w/ it when it's not there and off CD.

Edited by Gwenymph
  • Like 2

Since you do not have any Paladins to give you Hand of Sacrifice or Devotion Aura you'll want to use Inner Focus to get off uninterrupted casts at the higher stacks.  I know you only attempted one pull but it went for over 2min.  Squeeze in an Inner Focus/SS/PoH blanket early in the fight at a time where IF/ SS will be up again when you need it at "X" minutes in.  Make sure you PWS infront of your IF/SS/PoH.  This will allow you to get two uninterrupted PoH off before the IF buff fades.  If you don't use a stop cast for penance, it helps if you unglyph it to allow you to cast it in between interrupts w/o getting locked out.  You'll want to use DS more aggressively.  3x in 2.5min is not enough.  Same with PWS and PoM, you'll want to get more of them up in between interrupts.  On my first two kills, I took an output loss and equipped the Focused Mending Glyph to help keep PoM bouncing between just me and the tank.  It allowed me a little less focus on the tank and more on the raid.  Just make sure you hitting the tank w/ it when it's not there and off CD.

wow! those were just some great little things that can save my life! ty mate, idk how I was missing the point about inner focus and its immunization to silence. thanks mate <3

Np, GL in there next time! Getting through the first transition with everyone up tends to be the most difficult part of that encounter.  If you have a backup Paladin to swap out, I would highly recommend it.  They alleviate a lot of the pressure w/ Devo and HoP when the stacks get high.

• Like 2

Understanding the fights is fundamental for playing a disc priest well. If you don't know the fight, you don't know when to use your absorbs, limiting your use of your most essential spells.

During progression I always read up on every fight, noted down every ability that did a lot of damage and trimmed it to those that were predictable. For starters you can always look through the thread on this very subject on our forums. There is a sticky with encounter-specific advise. Additionally check out the encounter guides on this site and use the in-game dungeon browser.

Regarding Thok: Using SS/IF/AA on the second roar makes it available again at the sixteenth where you can get another 2 off thanks to IF. Since you're running with 2 disc priests getting that far might be hard, especially with no paladin. In that case you should consider timing the spirit shells so that you use it eg on the sixth and your other priest at 8th. Casting a PWS before using penance allows you to get all three ticks off instead of just two in between roars thanks to Borrowed Time.

Everything else Gwenymph already went over.

Edited by steve
  • Like 2

Two notes.

1) Thok: One possibility is that when the roars start getting crazy, user Inner Will and spam PW:Shield (and PoM). constantly until kite phase.  Once kite phase starts, use Inner Fire again and just attonement.

2) Malkorok: It is legitimate to use Greater Heal on Malk, I don't know why you wouldn't.  If 3 people in one group are a green shield, PoM is a waste of mana. 

I agree with the rest of the advice.  If you have any further questions please ask.

• Like 1

Brutal, a green shield does not mean the shield is capped and given the constant damage everyone is experiencing I doubt there will be much overhealing. Additionally PoH is great at building DA on everyone in that group. GH on the other hand has the same cast time, but heals only one target(and is likely to be healed to green by someone else in that 2.5 seconds anyway).

• Like 1

=/  I suppose that's possible if you 3-heal malkorok.  While I am aware that green != 100% shielded, it does mean "so close to full they might as well be."  I'm much more concerned about the weakest link who is in danger of health damage than I am about topping off those who are safe anyway.

• Like 1

Malk:

Other than prepull, I don't use GH when 2 or 3 healed for 10m.  Prefer a PWS>Penance / or Binding if on CD.  Looking at my last kill, 1/3 of my casts were PoH making up 42% of my healing (including the PoH DA procs). Spam much... sigh.

• Like 1

First of all, thank you every1 for advises, I really appreciate the time u spend on this and try my best to get the most use of it. I've learnt much on this very topic that makes me feel I'm on a right direction.

I raided last night and did 3 boss (and a half tongue.png):

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZYwLX4zpHRry23n1#type=healing&fight=10

from what I understood from the logs I need to work on my cd management, really! actually I didn't need the logs to know that tongue.png during the runs and usually after completing a try (whether kill or wipe) I came to remember that I'm not using SS biggrin.png although I've improved AA uptime and rapture counts leading to more output.  I'd really like you guys to have a look at the log if u can, to see what I'm not seeing. (despite not using SS and IF)

I also got 2 question which I searched through resources, didn't find a proper answer though; 1- on malkorok, when the shield is capped, I mean the shield from the encounter itself Ancient Miasma, is it possible to shield OVER that shield? like what happens if I shield a already fully-capped ancient miasma shield? my shield absobs first or the other one?

2- is there a working macro for inner focus, archangel, spirit shell and things like that? 'cause I tried the macros ppl put on sites and they don't work how they should. the macro for void shift + desperate prayer too.

Edited by Musketeer

1- on malkorok, when the shield is capped, I mean the shield from the encounter itself Ancient Miasma, is it possible to shield OVER that shield? like what happens if I shield a already fully-capped ancient miasma shield? my shield absobs first or the other one?

2- is there a working macro for inner focus, archangel, spirit shell and things like that? 'cause I tried the macros ppl put on sites and they don't work how they should. the macro for void shift + desperate prayer too.

Just a quick response, omitting logs at the moment.

1) Yes your shield aborbs first.  Yes you can still apply PWS or any other absorb over a capped Ancient Barrier, though none stay capped for long.

2) I personally don't have one for that but I'm sure someone else does.  If not, Krazyito might pop in here and post one.  If you don't get a working macro, I'll bother him to get one in here.

EDIT: Did a google search, found this macro link.

Edited by Gwenymph
  • Like 1

Just a quick response, omitting logs at the moment.

1) Yes your shield aborbs first.  Yes you can still apply PWS or any other absorb over a capped Ancient Barrier, though none stay capped for long.

2) I personally don't have one for that but I'm sure someone else does.  If not, Krazyito might pop in here and post one.  If you don't get a working macro, I'll bother him to get one in here.

EDIT: Did a google search, found this macro link.

pretty sure I had found that post and tried that macro and it didn't work then. I just thought i better recheck and it worked now :D idk what part I was missing, ty anyways <3

But I see a point when u say you're not using such thing. I agree it's not that much of a pro act to trigger all the cd with different cooldowns with a button, I just thought maybe that's a good idea for me to use my cds more often.

+ I really wonder how u guys manage ur key bindings :D I have a standard keyboard n a mouse with 6 extra keys, which I'm binding them with compositions of shift and ctrl. I'm still short on keys :D this is my ui, not so much different from default, not really neat either :D

http://i62.tinypic.com/2ldx4iq.jpg

Hello everyone.

I had a kill last night and would really love to hear ur comments about my performance, what's still missing etc...

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mAZ9dYCBqWKPM2rN#fight=15&type=healing&source=8

I was lucky with the loot and received a Shoulderpads of Pulsing Protection. if I equip this I lose 2P and if I don't... well I got Mantle of the Ternion Glory the question is, is it worth equipping heroic gear and lose 2P or not.

Thanks in advance. wub.png

Edited by Musketeer

Looking at kill only.

It seems you forgot to use Inner Fire.  

35% uptime is a little low for Archangel.  Consider tieing it to your other spells via macro.

Spirit Shell usage for the fight seems to be about right.

I recommend using the minor glyph of sha, it mostly removes the GCD usage allowing you to cast your next spell roughly 75% sooner.

I'm not sure but it SEEMS like you're not using void tendrils.  I recommend using them on the tower grunts IMMEDIATELY after they jump down.  This utterly prevents them from being able to move, and ensures that you will only get two guards before the gob squad finishes their work. 

I strongly recommend against Glyph of Inner Fire.  I think it reduces the amount of damage you end up taking by 2-3% in the end.  Inner Sanctum does more for you if you're looking for damage reduction.

Overall you seem to have done a fair job on the fight.  I prefer using Atonement spells more often but your way seems to have gotten the job done just fine.

As for the gear choice.... Damn that's hard.  The T2 piece is really nice, but you might be losing out even more by not using that shoulder.  Are you killing one of the timeless isle bosses every week?  I'd pass up a normal tier for a heroic non-tier any day if it got me my 2-piece, probably same with flex, but LFR it's hard to say =/

• Like 2

Thank you very much Brutalpriest, for the time and those great advises about glyphs, and also about tendrils that u're right I wasn't using it. I'll keep those things in my mind for next time. (especially not being a retarded not using inner fier :P) I also will be working on getting more use of minor cds (AA, IF...)

about the gear... I definitely do kill one celestial every week, I was lucky to get the leg from there actually. so I think I should try it to see which one I get more benefit from? or it is somewhat situational? :/

Those shoulders are spirit/haste, neither of which are particularly interesting or desirable for discipline priests. The only tangible upgrade from those shoulders are intellect. From what I can see, disregarding gems and enchants, you're gaining 561 intellect.

The 2pc bonus is worth 5% crit with an average uptime of 50%. That's equal to 3000 crit rating. There is hardly any circumstances under which you should give up that amount of crit for 561 intellect.

Personally I'd recommend you keep those shoulders until you get another piece of T16 to keep the 2pc bonus.

On a side-note, get the Nazgrim trinket replaced ASAP. Any version of the siegecrafter trinket will perform much better than that trinket.

Looking at your kill, I don't necessarily agree with Brutalpriest on the use here. SS is not a particularly strong spell for this fight save for P2, but if there are any waves that has bonecrushers in them and you can use SS I'd do it as their shattering roar can be near-fatal. Even if most of it turns out to be a waste, I'd rather play it safe.

Also, there is no need to use your mana cooldowns if they are being wasted. Rapture, Shadowfiend and Power Word: Solace were all used at time you were at full mana. Galakras is not a healing-intensive fight so you will likely find yourself at full mana, so this might be less of an issue here than on other fights, but it is something to keep track off.

I also noticed that you used HoH and Shadowfiend separate from each other. Again this might not be a n issue on Galakras, but on other fights, it's beneficial to use the two of them together. HoH increases your total mana by 15%, which means SF returns 15% more mana during HoH.

I won't comment on AA and Inner Fire uptime, brutal covered those already.

• Like 2

Those shoulders are spirit/haste, neither of which are particularly interesting or desirable for discipline priests. The only tangible upgrade from those shoulders are intellect. From what I can see, disregarding gems and enchants, you're gaining 561 intellect.

The 2pc bonus is worth 5% crit with an average uptime of 50%. That's equal to 3000 crit rating. There is hardly any circumstances under which you should give up that amount of crit for 561 intellect.

Personally I'd recommend you keep those shoulders until you get another piece of T16 to keep the 2pc bonus.

On a side-note, get the Nazgrim trinket replaced ASAP. Any version of the siegecrafter trinket will perform much better than that trinket.

Looking at your kill, I don't necessarily agree with Brutalpriest on the use here. SS is not a particularly strong spell for this fight save for P2, but if there are any waves that has bonecrushers in them and you can use SS I'd do it as their shattering roar can be near-fatal. Even if most of it turns out to be a waste, I'd rather play it safe.

Also, there is no need to use your mana cooldowns if they are being wasted. Rapture, Shadowfiend and Power Word: Solace were all used at time you were at full mana. Galakras is not a healing-intensive fight so you will likely find yourself at full mana, so this might be less of an issue here than on other fights, but it is something to keep track off.

I also noticed that you used HoH and Shadowfiend separate from each other. Again this might not be a n issue on Galakras, but on other fights, it's beneficial to use the two of them together. HoH increases your total mana by 15%, which means SF returns 15% more mana during HoH.

I won't comment on AA and Inner Fire uptime, brutal covered those already.

again, thank you so much steve for the the time <3 

about the trinket, I don't have that trinket at any version :( the only other trinket I have is Thok's thooth at lfr grade. is it still better than nazgrim's trinket?

about the SS, so u mean I should use SS more, right? Although I agree with you, SS has a cd of 1min and 3 casts for a 14-minute fight is just low. but there's some sort of a situation in our raid, that I'm far below every1 else as a matter of gear (they're all like 565+ while I'm 550ish) and that leads them to comment on every single ability I have :D for example this very SS, they ask me to save SS until they call for it. somehow I don't have the elbowroom and of course this is a problem I should solve. it was nice that you mentioned it anyway.

and about the mana cds, honestly I did't get the point. 'cause I regained ~750k mana and ~35k is wasted. I didn't get oom and used mana cds and I think it's ok, 'cause 2 gcd for shadowfiend isn't that much of a loss of time imo, rapture and solace are actually part of the disc style I guess and can't be avoided :P about the Hymn and shadowfiend.. I know their best output is when they're used at the same time, but on galakras when there r mobs that shadowfiend can attack them I couldn't channel Hymn and when I had a break between mobs that I could channel Hymn there were no mobs :P I know it's doable on demolishers but I was the one to go top on tower and missed that chance.

Galakras is indeed a pointless fight to measure most things. It's a joke for healers. The only halfway challenging thing on that fight is not to die in the tower. If you do a clear on normal or do the first few bosses on heroic again, a link to that log would give more data to work with. One fight, and especially one like Galakras, is hardly conclusive.

When it comes to trinkets, then the normal Nazgrim is better than the LFR Thok trinket simply due to the better intellect proc. Both are terrible for disc though as they don't interact with absorbs, meaning 50% or more of our healing won't interact with the trinkets. Getting any version of siegecrafter, even the LFR, will prove to be more valuable than either of those two.

I definitely will post every kill I do in here. I'm eager to hear your opinions, that's the way I can learn. that kill was my first this week, cause the guild is on hc progress and it's more logical for them to get a more-geared healer. and you know about the pugs tongue.png be +570 for normal. you hardly can get in a pug with 550. especially without a ahead of curve Garrosh achieve (which I don't have) we're gonna try iron juggernaut tonight, and weather we kill it or not, I'll post the logs.

brb going p4 lfr smile.png)

EDIT: iron juggernaut and shamans r down \o/

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NnByxt2jz1q9VLD7#type=healing&fight=22&source=9

Edited by Musketeer

there's also one more thing, which actually is off-topic, but I'm so desperate digging in the log and not finding an answer that I bring it up here, maybe u guys know it. our dk (who is a decent player) had a problem with knockback mechanic, not getting knocked back! At first he was using AMS and obviously that was the reason, but later on next tries he didn't use any of his defensive cds and still didn'g get knocked back sometimes. what could be the reason?

DK: Pillar of Frost.  Makes him immune to knockbacks.  20sec durration, 1m cooldown.  If this is the reason, your DK does not know his class.

Just looking at the kills

Iron Jug: Archangel uptime is low.  Inner fire is missing.  Otherwise, good use of spirit shell: You could probably use it more, but you used it during the important parts.  It says you only used PW:Solace 17 times?  You should be using it way more often than that: factoring in cast time and mana cost/regeneration it's better than penance.  If you really really don't wanna, then you need to replace that talent with mindbender.

Dark Shamen: You died about 1/4 of the way in, got a brez, and didn't recast inner fire.  You are not using PW:Solace nearly enough.  Archangel uptime is half what it should be.  It looks like your flask wore off partway through the fight.  I can't really comment further because I don't know what strategy your group employed. 

About inner fire: I recommend you download Bitten's Spellflash for Priests.  I use it primarily because it reminds me to cast Inner Fire and Fortitude because I suffer the same problem you do: if it doesn't remind me I always forget to cast that lol. 

• Like 2

Thank you Brutal for reviewing the log <3

on dark shamans we went 3tank and 3healers. 2tanks and a healer took Haromm away from the raid. the other tank, tanked Kardris and every1 else stacked and moved around him. I actually had a problem during the fight and that was because I had removed the glyph of holy fire the boss was out of my range most of the times. 

I think I'm gonna get some sound alert on weak auras for archangel. sounds like I need it -_- ty for addon recommendation.

If you have a problem remembering to recast buffs, already have WeakAuras,  and don't want to get another addon, you can make a dynamic group with all the buffs you need.

I made one with icons 120 by 120 pixels to the left on my screen showing an icon if I don't have flask, food buff, inner fire and fortitude up. You don't need an addon specifically for this.

This is the string from WA:

dauFhaqiPIBjcTlQG(fjcnmc6ysvltj9mPutJk5AGI2MiOVrIOghvOZrIeRJeP6GGcluP6HKiPjsIuUOi1gvkJKeLoPu8ssemtc4MIK2jGFkIgkO0sfjEQQPs0vjrXwjrKVkLyUurTx0FPsnyi5WGSyQapMQmziUSWMb6ZK0OjHtRy1KO61IaZMs3wj2nf)MudhuTCr9COMUKRtOTtf57eOXlL05PQwVuP9dPM9uYdrjlEmFUnm5x4r4rOKxnRfKxjLofzJsfgcW3AsqqCueiXekuiFouhTr6dp4r8nqlJNAwlcNhhwqy1JP4LjHLFq43fbbX8coiLcU5OlxUwHzVlxo6OW2TxDKGj6kH8gXfzEuvJmMa98kIrvrXnhHPlLIJc7D0rHk5EyUMqxemrxU4TAiek5ZABqj)IOTgkzXIfF0kCidsGqhWI3Jsc0tjVwSSJj4opYGHBH8LrRf)LWi1gayGg1UYSTX7NeeehfbsS9kpoSGWQhtXVNuktMkFLhv1itj)yCkY4G78gOLatjb65HvlyKrJQfDgrPJg1MoxtjIeeyLxPbLtaAunMkmflw8kIrvrrG(vH8wnecL8I4WTNfcJ5oFwBdk5xeT1qjlw8EwimMsE8yuTbpSP0K(swS4b1M6t3GaRU4ZH6OnsF4b)4Pn8kxexdOpVaP3K8D16fci0HT5he(xq8coiLcc0VkK3iUiZJQAKXeONhzWWTq(nEAdFJPImiKx4CJN2GD(WdR1TYQT(UBrNr205AkrKGfbwPKxlw2XeCNhzWWTq(YO1IxzEA0O2eagxjW7NeeehfbsS9kpoSGWQhtXVNuktMkFLhv1itj)yCkY4G78gOLatjb653Sq4eGgLgenQsrGgvlq5f0OUOHaR8BwiCcqJsdIg1gK1ogv0OeiGCkWSyXRigvffb6xfYB1qiuYlId3EwimM78I4WnE6g0b8zTnOKFr0wdLSyX7zHWyk5XJr1g8WMst6lzXlId3idi44jAlF6aE80nOKFr0wdL8LGHP8bhNcUZIflEqTP(0niWQl(COoAJ0hEWpEAdVYfX1a6Zlq6njFxTEHacDyB(bHFZcHtaVGdsPGa9Rc5nIlY8OQgzmb65rgmClKFJN2W3yQidc5fo34PnyNRmes4gY6Piw8DdxxJ2eWKfbAtjVwSSJj4opYGHBH8LrRfFdaq6uqJARjL0OrPerJQbaiDkOr1sJacW7NeeehfbsS9kFLhv1itj)yCkY4G78gOLatjb65BmMiJg12KdcSY3ymrgnQwgRLflEfXOQOiq)QqERgcHsErC42ZcHXCNpRTbL8lI2AOKflEplegtjpEmQ2Gh2uAsFjlw8GAt9PBqGvx85qD0gPp8GF80gELlIRb0NxG0Bs(UA9cbe6W28dcFZgVGdsPGa9Rc5nIlY8OQgzmb65XHfew9yk(9KszYu5rgmClKFJN2W3yQidc5fo34PnyNp8WADRSARV7gJjYBtoyraxuYRfl7ycUZJmy4wiFz0AXNggYoD60PtNoD60PthECybHvpMIFpPuMmv(kpQQrMs(X4uKXb35nqlbMsc0Z3syTOrTfiSyXRigvffb6xfYB1qiuYJmGGJNOT85vez94XlId34PBqhWN12Gs(frBnuYIfVioCJmGGJNOT85opE6guYViARHs(kmCNVemmLp44uWDwSyXdQn1NUbbwDXNd1rBK(Wd(XtB4vUiUgqFEbsVj57Q1leqOdBZpi8BAncVGdsPGa9Rc59tccIJIaj2EL3iUiZJQAKXeONhzWWTq(nEAdFJPImiKx4CJN2GD(WdR1DQd2Z9MwJWIfVteO3vVqwKa

Looking at the falling ashes, you used PWB correctly to shield one, thought I'd recommend saving it for one of the later ones. Spirit shell were used twice after Ashflare totem appears, in a 5~ minute windows.

Archangel is low, could easily be doubled.

Looking at iron prisons, you get PWS on people with IP, which is superb. I noticed you died to IP at one point during the kill and that you didn't use PSup once in the fight. Was the fight too frantic at that point disabling you from casting it on yourself? Overall good job on the Iron Prisons though, I'd recommend, if you haven't already, that you get your raid frames to track exactly the value of  all absorbs on the targets so you know how low they will be when it hits.

Looking at the healing during the first siege phase on IJ, you're using SS right, just before a shock pulse, but from what I can see you're using halo before the shock pulse. Is that to build DA shields? I'd use it afterwards to heal people up.

I'm sure there are several healing strategies during siege phases and if you found something that works for you, then great. I've personally had great results using PWS more extensively during this phase, I see 4 casts, all after the third SP. I'd also use Halo at the first SP to have it available later in the phase

The second siege phase is similarly using SS right, Halo is also used twice! I'd say the same thing about PWS, but you seem to be using PoH instead, which likely is viable too.

Have you considered trying Cascade? While the healing might be lower, the 25 sec cooldown would mean it'd be available for the third SP if used on the first.

Speaking more generally on IJ, you have 30% uptime on AA, should be closer to 50. Given the 2min duration of the first phase you should be able to use SS once on the tank to help with the damage intake on mines. You didn't use Inner Fire on the IJ kill tongue.png

Edited by steve
  • Like 1