FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Chaos Bolt MAXIMUM SCORE!

Lol. I realize. I just enjoy screwing around with my kind. I'm not good enough to raid w/ you guys anyway.

Edited by Astynax

Got wf bboy. Going crit>mastery tonight to try and blow it up for a 4 million CB

Crit > Mastery is a mistake for pure CB max damage.  It takes 600 rating points of Crit to boost your Chaos Bolt 1% (scales exactly with Crit rating).  It only takes 200 Mastery rating to boost Chaos Bolt by 1%.  You want Mastery > Crit and as little Haste as possible.

Crit > Mastery is a mistake for pure CB max damage.  It takes 600 rating points of Crit to boost your Chaos Bolt 1% (scales exactly with Crit rating).  It only takes 200 Mastery rating to boost Chaos Bolt by 1%.  You want Mastery > Crit and as little Haste as possible.

typo mate XD

Would it be cheating if I went into Throne of the Tides and Chaos Bolted the final boss? smile.png Think I had like 50 million on that or something silly

Edited by Evrelia
  • Like 1

Would it be cheating if I went into Throne of the Tides and Chaos Bolted the final boss? smile.png Think I had like 50 million on that or something silly

Yes, yes it would!

Looked through my logs and noticed that i've broken the 3mil mark biggrin.png

20:46:44.845 Achearon Chaos Bolt raid8.png Darkfang *3056763*

Also my damage looks like crap for the rest of this fight as I'm split from the raid dealing with oozes. 

Log link: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aRQJ4BbvY9mqWtGH#fight=26&type=damage-done&source=18&ability=116858&view=events

Going to be switching to a mastery>crit>haste build this week to see what I can come up with.

Crit > Mastery is a mistake for pure CB max damage. It takes 600 rating points of Crit to boost your Chaos Bolt 1% (scales exactly with Crit rating). It only takes 200 Mastery rating to boost Chaos Bolt by 1%. You want Mastery > Crit and as little Haste as possible.

Well, this is just a bit theoretical for the max, and isn't taking ranges into account. I assume (as does AMR) full raid buffs and debuffs and 1 to 1 Int to SP.

First off: AMR profile

Buffs:

10 stack of HCWF BBoY (30220 int)

PBI Proc(15125 int)

Tailoring Proc (2000 int)

Engineering Proc (1920 int)

Potion (4000 int)

Dark Soul (+30% crit)

Tricks of the Trade (+15% damage)

4pc Proc (+15% crit)

Crit Banner (+20% crit damage)

Orc Racial (2257 spell power)

Jade Spirit Weapon Proc (1650 int)

PBI Passive (+9% crit damage)

Burning primal diamond (+3% crit damage)

Debuffs on target:

CoE (+5% damage taken)

Totals:

+54,915 Int

143.63% Mastery

107.95% crit

+20% damage

+2257spell power

+35% crit damage

Final spell power: 108960

Next: Chaos Bolt damage calculation

base = 3085 + 320.9% spell power

= 352,737.64 * Mastery (2.4363) * Crit (2.0795) * Damage multiplier (1.15) * Crit Hit (2.35)

= 5,039,536

I'm pretty sure crit caps at 100% though, and if so the max (in this case) is 4,846,873. If I did any of the math wrong here, don't hesitate to tell me so.

Edit: I just realized that the amr profile I linked has the wrong meta gem equipped. The difference is -.4% crit chance and + 216 SP, so the calculation won't be off by much.

Edit 2: Fixed numbers and AMR profile

Edited by Orthios

Well, this is just a bit theoretical for the max, and isn't taking ranges into account. I assume (as does AMR) full raid buffs and debuffs and 1 to 1 Int to SP.

First off: AMR profile

Buffs:

10 stack of HCWF BBoY (30220 int)

PBI Proc(15125 int)

Tailoring Proc (2000 int)

Engineering Proc (1920 int)

Potion (4000 int)

Dark Soul (+30% crit)

Tricks of the Trade (+15% damage)

4pc Proc (+15% crit)

Crit Banner (+20% crit)

Orc Racial (4000 spell power)

Jade Spirit Weapon Proc (1650 int)

GoSac (+15% damage)

Burning primal diamond (+6% crit damage)

I had some posts ago my calculations(now I see I forgot about Jade Spirit) and I think you made a mistake with the skull banner, which gives +20% damage on crit, mechanical-wise just like the BPD and PBI. Plus, CB benefites from GoSac by a dot, which makes up for the 15%, this is not included in the rankings.

5sy4qhkc.png

I made an AMR profile on my own and put it into simulationcraft together with a dummy warrior and rogue, which provided TotT and Skull Banner and was actually able to reach a 4.6M CB.

Edited by check0790

Don't we need to also factor in 3% less crit due to the suppression against bosses?

Don´t think so. Crit suppression is about the chance to actual strike critical. Since CB is a guaranted crit and is just boosted by crit rating in its damage, it should not be influenced by crit suppression

Do I get points for this 6.1 mil GCD that doesn't even include the DoT ticks after? Sorry for not casting curse on both in time, but procs are procs. 574ilvl Mastery>HASTE>Crit, BBoY and PBoI, Tailor/Enchanting

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1lpt7rpo6z7m82y5/log/

CBKav53.png

More pew pew later

CFyLGJV.png

I guess I'll have to start keeping better track since people actually want to know about this stuff and it happens so often I stopped worrying.

Edited by Gnar

Do I get points for this 6.1 mil GCD that doesn't even include the DoT ticks after? Sorry for not casting curse on both in time, but procs are procs. 574ilvl Mastery>HASTE>Crit, BBoY and PBoI, Tailor/Enchanting

Try the glyph of CoE or have enough rogues in your raid^^

Absolutely!  It is interesting to see how big CBs get - I forgot about this boss.  My 13M on Wind Lord in HoF was pretty sick to see.  I might make a separate leaderboard to include ANY scenario, but I think it'd HAVE to be the dude in Throne of the Tides.

Looked through my logs and noticed that i've broken the 3mil mark biggrin.png

20:46:44.845 Achearon Chaos Bolt raid8.png Darkfang *3056763*

Also my damage looks like crap for the rest of this fight as I'm split from the raid dealing with oozes. 

Log link: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aRQJ4BbvY9mqWtGH#fight=26&type=damage-done&source=18&ability=116858&view=events

Going to be switching to a mastery>crit>haste build this week to see what I can come up with.

Welcome to the 3,000,000 club!

6BzpN2s.png

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rP9NQWqcJwCVg6Xb#type=damage-done&source=19&ability=116858&view=events

Biggest CB I found in recent logs. Is there an effective way to prod around the Warcraft Logs for this information?

Welcome to the 3,000,000 club!  What I do is go to my damage, go to "EVENT VIEW" instead of default "TABLES VIEW" and then filter out abilities with the drop down menu to only include Chaos Bolt.  I don't often look past the first few Chaos Bolts since your biggest is 99% likely to be in the first 20 seconds.

Orc racial is only 2k spell power iirc.

Gives 4k attack power.

I'm 99% certain that the spell power and attack power gain is the same now.  I'm pretty sure I get 4k+ spell power with it - will test tonight.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1lpt7rpo6z7m82y5/log/

CBKav53.png

More pew pew later

CFyLGJV.png

I guess I'll have to start keeping better track since people actually want to know about this stuff and it happens so often I stopped worrying.

No credit for the extra ticks.  This competition only counts for the actual cast, not the ticks from GoSac.  This way it's fair to anyone regardless of Grimoire choice.  Welcome to the 3,000,000 club!

Well, wowhead says 2257 spell power, so that's what I used. Also, I fixed my earlier post to better account for what affects what (and to add what I missed). That shows a max just over 5 mil.

5,000,000 would be INCREDIBLY difficult to get and would require just EVERYTHING being perfect.  Seeing as how real data has someone getting dangeously close to 4,000,000, but the majority of players being between 3 and 3.5M, I think 5M will be a VERY tough mark to hit.  Does anyone know if multiple Rogues stack multiple +15% modifiers?  If so, I'll just recruit 23 Rogues and pop into LFR malkorok with one Warrior, use Dark Bargain, have them ALL Tricks me, use my CDs, and fire out the largest Chaos Bolt anyone ever did see.

5,000,000 would be INCREDIBLY difficult to get and would require just EVERYTHING being perfect.  Seeing as how real data has someone getting dangeously close to 4,000,000, but the majority of players being between 3 and 3.5M, I think 5M will be a VERY tough mark to hit.  Does anyone know if multiple Rogues stack multiple +15% modifiers?  If so, I'll just recruit 23 Rogues and pop into LFR malkorok with one Warrior, use Dark Bargain, have them ALL Tricks me, use my CDs, and fire out the largest Chaos Bolt anyone ever did see.

Yeah, you'd have to have the stars align to have all the right procs up to hit 5M.  

Not like this one counts as anything because of the damage increase but dat multistrike doeeee http://i.imgur.com/nMyhKue.png

This could also be modified by Sha of Anger's 20% extra damage done/taken aura.  The Multistrike procs off of Chaos Bolt are incredibly awesome.  I ditched KTT because the frequency of them proccing off of high Chaos Bolts was too RNG-involved for me - you got one of the lucky ones!

That 5M chaos bolt. Does it include the DoT? We're not counting that!

The one I calculated? Nope.  The calculation doesn't involve GoSac.  Only insane luck.

Hell zag, if we're allowed to cheese this shit, I'll just go into ToT and grab that 200% damage increase and pop 6M pretty easily.