FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade

48923-blizzard-sending-out-classic-burni

Blizzard is sending out new surveys to players about Classic Burning Crusade via mail!

Back in March, Blizzard sent the first Classic TBC survey to players via mail. They wanted to find out how the transition from Classic to Burning Crusade would be handled. Now, it appears they are sending out follow-up surveys.

Blizzard is asking via mail how interested would players be in a "Classic" version of TBC, and if they would simultaneously play 2 Classic versions of the game. One interesting question that appeared in the survey deals with a WoW Classic "reboot" realm where the game is as it was on Day 1 (e.g. all players start at Level 1, Molten Core and Onyxia are the only raids available, etc.).

Summary of All Questions

1. How interested are you in a "Classic" version of The Burning Crusade?
  2. Thinking about your maim WoW Classic character, would the character you create on this new "fresh start" realm become your new main character or would you play this in addition to your main character?
  3. Where do you think you would spend more of your time?
    1. A new "fresh start" WoW Classic realm where all content is reset to Day 1.
    2. The Burning Crusade Classic.
    3. I'd play both equally.
  4. How likely are you to play a "Classic" version of The Burning Crusade?
  5. If World of Warcraft introduced a new WoW Classic "fresh start" realm where the game is as it was on Day 1 (e.g., all players start at Level 1, Molten Core and Onyxia are the only raids available, battlegrounds are not yet available, etc.) and content unlocks/progresses over time, how interested would you be in playing on that realm?

Thanks to LetMeSpoilThisForU for the images.

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png

Source: Reddit

I think Blizzard is going to have to come to terms with the fact that "Classic" rereleasing was a one time thing.    But obviously the bean counters want to try to milk subsequent expansions.

TBC "Classic" might kinda work but it'll just get more ridiculous the further they go.    Only some players want to relive those days and diluting the "classic pool" with other expansions is just going to result in a dry well at some point.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Migol said:

I think Blizzard is going to have to come to terms with the fact that "Classic" rereleasing was a one time thing.    But obviously the bean counters want to try to milk subsequent expansions.

TBC "Classic" might kinda work but it'll just get more ridiculous the further they go.    Only some players want to relive those days and diluting the "classic pool" with other expansions is just going to result in a dry well at some point.

I for one am stoked for the 2028 release of Classic MoP.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Migol said:

I think Blizzard is going to have to come to terms with the fact that "Classic" rereleasing was a one time thing.

I couldn't disagree more. Me and my Classic guild are very much looking forward to TBC and hopefully WotLK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Migol said:

I know people would like to see a Classic TBC version, even a Wrath version. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cx138 said:

I couldn't disagree more. Me and my Classic guild are very much looking forward to TBC and hopefully WotLK.

But as a separate version or as classic being turned into TBC? It might spread player base way too thin, either classic could suffer due to this or both (some staying with classic, and not enough going into TBC).

It is very likely that the same people who wanted classic want TBC - They were not so far apart from each other. There was tuning to stats but it was practically the same game just more polished.

I think people would even go as far to say that TBC was the pinnacle of WoW. In terms of them really fine tuning what classes do.

Yes this will dilute the player base. But hasn't it always been diluted?

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 3:10 PM, Arcling said:

But as a separate version or as classic being turned into TBC? It might spread player base way too thin, either classic could suffer due to this or both (some staying with classic, and not enough going into TBC).

With 40 servers currently that wouldn't be a problem. Characters could simply transfer to the populated servers and the game would still be active for anyone wanting to play it.

On 12/21/2020 at 9:23 AM, calledyouout said:

It is very likely that the same people who wanted classic want TBC - They were not so far apart from each other.

Yes TBC was epic although the PvP system was way better than classic's torturous rank decay system for common people with lives.

On 12/20/2020 at 8:25 PM, TyZone said:

I for one am stoked for the 2028 release of Classic MoP.

I would play TBC like nothing else. That was the key time of my WoW gaming peak.