FORUMS
Starym

We Might Be Hearing About Burning Crusade Classic by the End of the Year? (Rumor)

pzOLzrr.jpg

After the recent survey that went out and talked about interest in the Burning Crusade Classic, we now have a fairly reliable source talking about more news on the much expected continuation of Classic coming before the end of the year!

Nano, formerly a core staff member of the Nostalrius private server team, who had a meeting with Blizzard about how they made their server while Vanilla Classic was being developed, tweeted this yesterday:

While he may theoretically have been referring to the survey, the tweet was posted significantly after it, so it seems more likely this is related to an actual official confirmation/announcement, especially since it refers to a schedule specifically. This comes after Nano correctly predicted/leaked the release schedule for Naxxramas, but also had a time set for the TBC Classic beta in said earlier leak:

So this source has been pretty reliable in the past, and this tweet sure makes it sound like we won't have to wait for BlizzConline to hear about the Burning Crusade coming to Classic!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Swiftstyle said:

I don't know why they are not continuing the classic wow with patches...let tbc to be another standalone game..

It's not confirmed yet if TBC classic is going to replace current classic. If it happens, I guess there's going to be pretty huge outrage, after all there are those who want pure classic to remain.

On 12/21/2020 at 5:15 PM, Arcling said:

It's not confirmed yet if TBC classic is going to replace current classic. If it happens, I guess there's going to be pretty huge outrage, after all there are those who want pure classic to remain.

i subscribe to that outrage ;))

I know that this was a few weeks ago, but really? WTF was the idea of a "classic" wow, then?  Adding TBC or any other content at that point, Classic no longer classic.  If people want to play TBC, let it be a different game as someone mentioned already.  Or better yet, give folks a menu that allows one to turn on or off the different add-ons allowing one to make the game of their choice since it is from 1 to 60 now. If you turn on a certain add on then you will only see those who have that add on turned on.  Programming this should be no different than adding 4 extra slots or more to that 1st backpack Blizzard said that they could not do back a few years ago. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      Here's another from the Season of Mastery hardcore/die=delete character files, and unlike the raids where everything has gone off without a hitch so far (with 4 bosses dead), and the unintentional real-life feline assassinations, we have an actual death to a mistake here, and a very dramatic one, as while one player did die, the rest of the group was running for their lives!
      Duran and his group were clearing UBRS with the usual 10-man raid when a pull went very wrong, which resulted in a very tense bout of run for your life - and not everyone made it out!
      Here's the details of the pull:
      So there was a poly'd mob still in the room after we kill the mobs at the beginning of the video. The tank goes to break it, but as his shot goes off it pats, while in sheep form, close enough to the far back to social aggro when the poly breaks.
      The far group comes and on their way they social another side group.
      TLDR: Sheeps move, don't break them in a bad spot, don't sheep mobs too close to other packs.

- duranasaurus
    • By Starym
      There's been many stories of deaths in the Season of Mastery so far, from PvP incidents to overpulling and general carelessness, but this one is special, as cdank was betrayed by his own pet, and not the Hunter kind either!
      While getting into a little trouble to begin with, with quite a few mobs and a necessary escape from the situation via Target Dummy, cdank could have still gotten away with the small error, but his cat had other plans... and there went the level 40 character with 72 hours played:
      While you can't really see it clearly, the cat not only alt-tabbed, but also drank a weaker heal potion as well, pretty much dooming the poor Warrior to this fate. This is probably not the first casualty to a keyboard warrior pet, but might be the first Season of Mastery one, and in either case it's a pretty funny one!
      Here's what cdank had to say about the situation:
      Still can't believe this happened. 72 hours /played gone in an instant.
      I’ve escaped worse with dummy. To be fair, I don’t disagree that I put myself in a “escape or die” situation, it was 3:30 am. The point is it was easily escapable, though I’m sensing this isn’t super apparent to everyone.
      I should have pointed out the target dummies on my bar in the video.
      Also the exit was completely clear.
      Also he used the weak potion bound to Z, so I couldn't use my good one.
      It might not be easy to see, but I had a very safe exit from this situation. The unfortunate timing of the cat was what turned this from a highlight to a lowlight.
      (still love him btw)
      It happens, honestly he just wanted some love, which I gave him plenty of afterwards.
    • By Starym
      Duranasaur  and the HC Elite guild went back into Molten Core during the weekend and pushed further in with their death = delete Season of Mastery characters and conquered two more bosses, putting them on 4/10. They're currently the only hardcore guild that's gotten any bosses down in the raid and, as you can expect, they're going at it very carefully, but are not using non-hardcore characters to "scout out" the best strategies for survival (but are checking what other guilds did via logs).
      There's much fewer melee players in the raids as expected, with Magmadar hosting a pretty impressive 9, but Garr going down to 5 with only 1 Feral, 1 Rogue and 3 Warriors. It's also very interesting to watch a boss kill while staring at the player frames and seeing every drop below 80% be a dramatic moment, so it's definitely a unique viewing experience.
      You can check out the raid logs here and now let's get on to the video:

More progress is coming this weekend as well, and I can't wait to see how it goes!
    • By Stan
      In his latest video, Rextroy trolls players on his naked seemingly AFK Paladin and obliterates everyone who attacks him.
      This Classic combo is built around Reckoning and Invisibility. Rextroy stacks up Reckoning on some NPCs and baits people into thinking he's AFK. He's also naked wielding just the Unstoppable Force.
      Once the enemy attacks Rextroy, he stealths and leaves the enemy confused. While most think a queue popped up and he phased out, he's loading up a swing to obliterate them. You can find the exact gear Rextroy used to execute the combo in the video description on YouTube.
    • By Starym
      It seems the Season of Mastery hardcore community has finally decided it was time to brave the Molten Core and risk their lives, since they are running a pretty strict death=delete policy on their characters!
      Duranasaur and company dipped their foot into the lava of the Core yesterday, as they weren't quite ready to go for a full clear, only daring to face Lucifron and Gehennas! The aim wasn't to go as deep into the raid as they could, but rather to get a use out of the reset in order to get the Tome of Tranquilizing Shot and some epics from the two easiest bosses, ahead of some serious pushes into the raid after the holidays. I'm not going to spoil how it goes here but if you're wondering whether anyone died head on down to below the video.

I can't wait for the post-holiday attempts and the hilarity/tragedy of the Geddon pull(s).