FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lockybalboa

MAJOR PBI BUG, anyone that uses an amp trinket *MUST READ*

I JUST made this video so it might need some processing time.

What the video shows is me and my PBI, it's bugged right now so that it's snapshotting stats.

As in, it only amps the gear that you have on WHEN YOU PUT THE PBI ON AND DOES NOT UPDATE WITH GEAR CHANGES.

I.e. I have 18,210 haste, I take off all my gear so I am at 0. I put my pbi on, still at 0 haste. I put the rest of my gear on and I'm only at 16k haste. NOT THE FULL HASTE I SHOULD BE AT. 16k is my NO amp haste. Take PBI off, put it back on, I'm at 18,210 haste.

It seems to recalculate when you lose/gain some buffs, not all the buffs trigger it.

Recalculates on zone screen.

EDIT: Making a list of what classes it does/does not affect. This is a user submitted list that I have compiled, I have not tested it personally outside of warlocks.

PBI:

Warlocks = yes

Resto Druid = yes

Resto Shaman = yes

Frost mage = yes

Fire mage = yes

Boom druids = no

Ele shaman = no

Mistweave monk = no

Thok's Tail Tip:

Prot Paladin = yes

Ret Paladin = yes

Holy Paladin = yes

Fury Warrior = yes

Arms Warrior = yes

Prot Warrior = yes

Prismatic Prison of Pride:

Holy Paladin = yes

Prot Paladin = yes

Resto Druid = yes

Holy Priest = yes

Shadow Priest = no

Mistweave monk = no

• Like 1

Not affecting Druids.  Not affecting Elemental Shamans.  DEFINITELY affecting all 3 Warlocks.

Yeah, I tested and confirmed that it's not affecting Ele shamans.

It IS affecting Resto shamans.

Edited by Hybrys

I've noticed this when reforging or changing gear, luckily I always check character sheet after a reforge :D

Re-equipping has always solved it.

What I'm wondering, can you snapshot your BBoY haste and then change to KTT?

We think so. Also works with reforging. 

Watch your haste % carefully, after you reequip all of your gear it takes a few seconds and then amplifies.  look at aaround 57-58 seconds in, your haste goes back up to 42.85% (what it was at the beginning.  

Watch your haste % carefully, after you reequip all of your gear it takes a few seconds and then amplifies.  look at aaround 57-58 seconds in, your haste goes back up to 42.85% (what it was at the beginning.  

I lost a buff right then, it's recalculating when you gain/lose SOME buffs. Not all.

Couldn't confirm that it works with PPoP for Resto Shaman, it might be useful to know what version of the trinkets this is for; just HWF, for all HC, or for all versions of the trinket?

Edit:

Confirmed that this does happen for Resto Shaman with the Normal PPoP upgraded to 2/2.

Edit 2:

Confirmed that the bug applies to Haste and Mastery but not Spirit (and not Crit because it's unaffected by PPoP)

I lost a buff right then, it's recalculating when you gain/lose SOME buffs. Not all.

You gained rejuv, stats buff, and whatever the green buff is around the time where your haste is reamplified.  The number also updates to 18210.

Couldn't confirm that it works with PPoP for Resto Shaman, it might be useful to know what version of the trinkets this is for; just HWF, for all HC, or for all versions of the trinket?

All so far, it doesn't matter *that we've seen* 

You gained rejuv, stats buff, and whatever the green buff is around the time where your haste is reamplified.  The number also updates to 18210.

I know. So far it's looking like any secondary stat buff loss or gained will force it to recalculate. 

Change Resto Druid to Prismatic Prison, as its what I tested it with.  I'll try PBI now

PPP Resto Druid: Yes

PBI Resto Druid: Yes

PPP Boomkin: No

PBI Boomkin: No

Both Boomkin: No

Both Resto Druid: Yes, Recalculates when I unequip one of them.

it might be useful to know what version of the trinkets this is for; just HWF, for all HC, or for all versions of the trinket?

I just tested my PPoP on my Prot/Holy Paladin, I have a 561 and a 572, both had the same effect, on both specs or even specless.

Also I can now confirm PPoP is bugged for ret paladins.

For those having trouble replicating it, here's exactly all you need to do:

1. Take off your gear. Put on the amplify trinket FIRST.
  2. Put on the rest of your gear. Note your Haste and Mastery.
  3. Take off the amplification trinket then put it back on, Note the 2 numbers again. Is there a difference?

When I first tested and couldn't replicate it, I was boomkin. Our shaman could also only replicate it as resto. It seems to be specific to certain classes and specs.

However, because any type of secondary stat buff (if someone dies and you have to rebuff them manually, if a hunter pet renews its buff on the group, if you use lust, etc.) makes the game recalculate your stats, this is not really worth it to try to game.

Other things that cause it to recalculate: gemming any gear even in your bag, zoning and getting a loading screen, unequipping one amp trinket if two are worn, to be continued.

this is not really worth it to try to game.

While I agree, you can just have hunters use their pet buffs 10 seconds before the fight, swap a stat trinket to a stam trinket to keep extra stats while having the one you want for the fight (this example is for tanks) and you would keep the gain for quite a while assuming you don't heroism on pull. It has its values in some fights, but it obviously isn't make or break. I think the biggest point to make is the advantage you get from doing this in proving grounds if you have no secondary stat procs, since you always have the buffs you want.

Most hunter pet buffs are not passive auras. Most are on a 45 sec. or 90 sec. cooldown and only last 60 sec. or 120 sec.

Yeah, so you get a good 90 seconds of 500-1000 stats? Sounds like its abusable to me, every bit can help. Also not every group runs with a hunter, and if they do the hunter can just turn the repeat buffing off unless the raid actually needs it to buff. It's definitely abusable in multiple situations.

Reminds me of that scene from Notorious: "I put my PBoI on first, mother fucker"

Confirming this is happening as a frost mage, just tried it. But if it re-calculates on a loading screen it's no big deal really unless you constantly swap items in a raid.

Oh, and PeeBeeEye? Come on dude it's PBoI! Pee-Boy! Pee-Boy and Bee-Boy sound so much cooler.

Thanks for digging this up.  I confirmed it on my Frost Mage and added to their forum as well.  Definitely needs to get patched.