FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Momizi

I did my first analysis of my damage

Just a quick disclaimer, this is my first time doing anything like this, but I hope to do more and get better at it. All I really did was compare myself to other, I have no idea how much damage I could be getting based off the numbers or lack of numbers. So with that aside, I'm sharing my first analysis of myself! By the way I'm a WindWalker.

W7xYw94.png

So the first thing I like to pull up is active time comparisons. Here I was pretty bad about being active. Not sure what I was thinking but being less active does mean less damage out of me.

lWMtkbv.png

So after I looked at active times, I looked at number of hits. So the other 2 monks I compared myself to have at about 2 minutes shaved off their kill time compared to mine. What bothers me about this, is they hit about the same amount of times I did 2 minutes faster. This can relate to active times. I also hit jab 20 times more than the other 2. I should spread that over to other things like Blackout Kick and Rising Sun kick when it's up.

qflChT8.png

So I also decided to look at how I am using energizing brew. I used it about 5 times in 6 minutes. I find that to be acceptable really. My actual fight length was about 6 minutes and 20 seconds so I might just not have had the time to get that 6th hit in before the boss died. And compared to the other two monks, I really do think I did well.

LvwPs1Y.png

This is my buff/debuff uptime. I think I did okay compared to the other two monks, but I don't like my Blackout Kick DoT uptime. It's pretty low, and I will have to work on that. I do think I did okay for Tiger Power uptime. The reason I have it in orange is that I actually had it fall off at a bad time. It wasn't like I didn't get it up right away because mechanics, but I actually just let it fall off like a baddie sad.png  I think it was at about 4 minutes 40 seconds It dropped. I'll have to keep track of it better.

So the last thing I looked at for myself was how much chi I gained/wasted. The other 2 monks didn't have advanced combat logging on Warcraft logs so I couldn't compare myself to them, but anyways

A1oCiqy.png

My chi breakdown is looked at in 3 ways. How much did I actually get, how much did I waste by over capping, and how much did I effectively use. Most of my chi wasted comes from jab. Which like I said earlier. I'm jabbing to much. Over all I think I did okay. If I bring down the amount of times I jab, I'll have less chance of wasting it.

So, anyways that was my first analysis of my fight. I've learned a lot from this, I realize now that I might want to put the Blackout Kick DoT on my uptime list. I need to jab a lot less and spread my damage out better. I need better active times on the bosses. Maybe next time I'll figure out how to add numbers like damage loss or damage that can be gained from proper usage.

Thanks for reading!

Share your thoughts! I can take criticism. tongue.png

What you should probably do is see how much chi you generated based on spell casts, vs chi gained from the resource tab.

Im not sure if that tab will imply that you capped on chi or not, but it's something to look at.

Also I'm pretty sure WCL can tell you how much chi you've had over a fight

I'm still learning how to use Warcraft logs properly. I know i use to be able to see how much chi I went over, but now i can't seem to pull that graph up. Even on older logs. Still searching though.

Although I find player vs player comparisons valuable, it seems like you're compared against very different fights, and possibly different execution strategies.

Energizing Brew usage shouldn't be something to look at.  As long as you're using it intelligently and effectively, the specific amount or timing of their usage isn't valuable information.  Effective gains vs perceived gains from higher usage stats.  Something better to look at is energy wasted during Energizing Brew.

Your BoK uptime to directly pinned to your active time, and low-gear chi holding.  You would see it directly correlate with uptime on the boss and energy regen.

Your T Eye is great.  I hope those were all 10 stacks, and you just have more mastery than them.

Edited by Hybrys

I can look at that. That is where I got my chi numbers from.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Rd3vG28cN6BxkjaD#type=resources&spell=112&source=2&fight=4

My exact log.

Although I find player vs player comparisons valuable, it seems like you're compared against very different fights, and possibly different execution strategies.

Energizing Brew usage shouldn't be something to look at.  As long as you're using it intelligently and effectively, the specific amount or timing of their usage isn't valuable information.  Effective gains vs perceived gains from higher usage stats.  Something better to look at is energy wasted during Energizing Brew.

Your BoK uptime to directly pinned to your active time, and low-gear chi holding.  You would see it directly correlate with uptime on the boss and energy regen.

Your T Eye is great.  I hope those were all 10 stacks, and you just have more mastery than them.

yeah Hybris, I did compare myself to people that have a greatly different strat than my guild does, and has a much cleaner/faster execution than my guild does. I did not know that EB usage isn't as important as I was lead to believe. I'll keep that in mind for this week when I do another look over myself and compare it to last weeks fight. smile.png

Overall this is actually a bad job at comparing people but honestly I wasn't to concerned about how bad it was, I just wanted to see differences and thought sharing it here would be a good idea.

Edited by Momizi

yeah Hybris, I did compare myself to people that have a greatly different strat than my guild does, and has a much cleaner/faster execution than my guild does. I did not know that EB usage isn't as important as I was lead to believe. I'll keep that in mind for this week when I do another look over myself and compare it to last weeks fight. smile.png

Overall this is actually a bad job at comparing people but honestly I wasn't to concerned about how bad it was, I just wanted to see differences and thought sharing it here would be a good idea.

It's really not a bad job.  I just think it's unfair to beat yourself up over such a large difference, you know?

I was also hoping to just offer my own perspective vs own analysis.

I really appreciate the  input  Hybrys. I'll use it for my next analysis. I say it's bad because of things like the fight times being different, their execution is probably much better than mine is as well. I probably should have taken the time to look for people who had a fight time closer to mine. Or would that not really matter?

I really appreciate the  input  Hybrys. I'll use it for my next analysis. I say it's bad because of things like the fight times being different, their execution is probably much better than mine is as well. I probably should have taken the time to look for people who had a fight time closer to mine. Or would that not really matter?

Fight time will definitely correlate closely to active time, as well as buff/debuff uptime.  If you did look for a similar fight time to compare against, you'd definitely be able to more accurately compare yourself to others.

By execution, I really meant different strategies for executing the same fight.  For example, some groups on Iron Juggernaut simply let him push you back into the corner out of his range, and heal like mad.  But other groups put their backs to the fences/walls, and maintain DPS through the knockbacks.  The second group would have higher active and uptime, regardless of skill.