Hihearts

Looking for disc help

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

Hey, I'm looking for someone who knows how to read logs and can help me out with my healing.. my healing done is always much lower than my guild's shaman. Although this is probably normal, the gap is so significant it's a little concerning. Here's the logs from our recent H Fallen protectors kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/omcn5p7l9alw5t7c/analyze/hd/source/?s=6375&e=6949   I'm also confused as to why my active time is so low, as far as I know I use all of my GCDs. Any insight would be appreciated.

I do not raid with my disc priest (but i have it), i'm a resto shaman, but when i looked in your logs, the first thing that popped to me was "Where is the Tier 6 spell?" Halo? Divine Star? Cascade? Whatever? 

The second question - why do you not use Spirit Shell and Inner Focus? This is a base of Disc Priest healing style. 

From here you can start. I think that you lose a big chunk of total healing not using those spells.

Here is my log from Protectors HM. I'm the shaman and i healed here with my fellow Disc Priest.

You can even compare yourself and him in comparebot.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zb3iddn4bbeh6fis/details/10/?s=2645&e=3185

Sorry for short answer, have to go now. 

First of all, get rid of that spirit. You have 14k, which is overkill for disc priest no matter how you look at it.

Secondarily, try to get some non-tier pieces. The 4pc is generally not worth it, especially in 10m, where you will cap SS on both groups with the 4 PoH's you can get off without it. Getting some pieces with mastery/crit or even spirit/crit will be much better. Similarly, Nazgrim's trinket is terrible for disc, and so is Thok's. Try to get the Siegecrafter trinket ASAP, flex or above will do perfectly fine. Otherwise farm the 50k coins and buy Yu-lon's Bite.

Thirdly your gemming is off. You should absolutely get the intellect from gem boni. Putting Smooth Sun Crystals in everything is a terrible idea, it's only a valid strategy if the gem bonus is either haste, spirit or another secondary stat. You want Misty Wild Jade for blue, Potent Vermilion Onyx for red and Smooth Sun's Crystal for yellow.

With that out of the way, you need to keep your eye on a couple of things during encounters.

Your fight on norushen lasted almost seven minutes, but you only used Spirit Shell 4 times. SS is a very potent spell and should be used as close to on cooldown as makes sense for the encounter. On Protectors you only used it once, which is simply too little.

I also can't see Archangel _at all_ looking at your two kills. AA is your single-biggest increase to healing providing you with 25% extra healing and 10% crit when active. Not using it is a terrible waste, using it little a similar waste. Given its 18 seconds duration and 30 seconds cooldown, you want at least 40% uptime on the spell.

Similarly you're not using Penance enough. Penance is one of your best heals, especially when considering healing per mana. It should be used, fully(ie all three ticks) on cooldown. Given a 9 seconds cooldown, that means you can use it at least 6 times a minute for 18 ticks a minute. On your protectors kill I see a total of 56 in ten minutes. This number should be closer to 180 or higher, there is a similar problem on Norushen.

Looking over your logs it seems like you're overusing PWS and PoH and underusing your L90. Fights like Norushen and Protectors where you can stack up, you should see DS be one of your top heals. If you don't stack yell at your raid leader until you do. There is absolutely no reason not to on these fights.

Only looking at your two kills.

First of all, good use of Desperate Prayer.  I see it underused a lot. 

On Norushen, you should be in the first group going in to get cleansed, then never picking up a corruption orb and healing your ass off using atonement.  Of course don't neglect your other heals if appropriate, but atonement healing is OP at 0% corruption on Norushen.  Please speak to your raid leader about making this change.  I'm not sure I agree with the "spirit shell on CD" thing.  You could, but unless there's a need for it you're just padding the meter.  I save it for someone screwing up and not picking up the shadow orbs.

On Protectors, I recommend keeping a hawkeye on the Calamity cooldown and Spirit Shelling every other one.  Also use it during her desperate measures whenever.

The only two good trinkets for disc are siegecrafter's and sha of pride's (imo).  Acquire flex or normal versions of either asap.

I generally always gem for the socket bonus no matter what, but many disagree with me.  I consider socket bonuses of int, crit, and mastery manditory.  Spirit and Haste, are debatable, but please remember haste is NOT worthless, it's just our least useful secondary stat.

In general, please use PW:Solace and Penance(offencive) on cooldown unless there's good reason not to.

In general I don't use PoH unless I'm buffed with Spirit Shell.  If there's reason to use it, please don't hesitate!  It's still a powerful spell.  But my downtime is spent slinging out atonement spells, and I find there's usually little need for PoH. 

I agree with steve on the matter of Archangel.  I use this macro:

/cast Archangel

/cast Power Word: Solace

Which hits archangel, and immediately free-casts Solace, getting you your first stack of evangelism back and saving you mana.

You're using PW:Shield way too much on Protectors. 

Is this you?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mug%27thol/Hihearts/advanced

Assuming it is:

14k is WAY too much.  drop about five thousand.  Stats enchantment to chest.  Mastery enchant to hand.  Get the minor glyph for the shadowfiend.  Doing this ... mostly removes the GCD useage from the spell, allowing you to cast a followup almost immediately. 

Minor nitpick: I recommend the roots for 15talent, as (to the best of my knowledge) it's the only one that has any possible use for any boss encounter in SoO (rooting bombs in siegecrafter.) 

Does engineering 600 give you any combat benefits?  If so finish it up, otherwise ./shrug

Good choice of legendary cape.

That's all I've got at the moment.  Any questions or clarifications, please post. 

• Like 2

Engineering is actually one of the best professions for disc priests. The 2k intellect CD you can use every 1 min lines up perfectly with Spirit Shell making your shields even more potent. You do however not need 600/600 to enjoy any of the combat boni of professions.

I use the following macro for SS. Do note that since SS, AA, Engi CD, Berserking and IF are all off the GCD, pressing before the GCD is done will mean you can't cast Prayer of Healing and will waste some time of all the buffs, albeit little.

#showtooltip spirit shell

/use Archangel

/use Berserking

/use 10

/use Inner Focus

/use Spirit Shell

/use [@mouseover,help][] Prayer of Healing

Edited by steve