FORUMS

1579527707_Transition.thumb.png.82b79b97aa50c107bd7fbb7470730529.png

Transition+ YouTube Video (Still Image)

Transition+ PDF Document

As depicted in the graphic(s) above, Blizzard should leave all Classic realms forever, but also copy them forward to TBC’s pre-patch using the same realm names.

We already run Classic from a drop-down menu item on the Battle.net launcher, and seeing your familiar realm name and community when you first startup TBC instead of Classic doesn’t seem strange to me at all. This structure would quickly evolve Classic’s realms into cross-expansion communities, complete with retro runs and 0-80 leveling races. This would be the least disruptive choice, as every player faction involved in the debate over Classic/TBC transition would get exactly what they wanted.

The graphic also shows refresh realms, which I think should happen before the TBC beta comes out. For many of the former private vanilla server players, the fresh realm-wide race was the actual appeal. If Blizzard doesn’t address this desire soon, they could end up recreating the private vanilla servers thru inaction. 

On a side note, I agree with Kevin Jordan that severe faction imbalance on some Classic realms (if Blizzard ever attempts to correct it) can only be done with faction login queues. Transition+ would actually facilitate doing this either before or after the TBC/Wrath releases, as players would be able to consider unified transfers of their character(s) from one realm name to another across Classic, TBC and Wrath.

Adding more and more realm names with each expansion just turns the solving of any population/balance problems into chaos for players.

On 1/7/2021 at 12:48 AM, Warstone said:

As depicted in the graphic(s) above, Blizzard should leave all Classic realms forever, but also copy them forward to TBC’s pre-patch using the same realm names.

We already run Classic from a drop-down menu item on the Battle.net launcher, and seeing your familiar realm name and community when you first startup TBC instead of Classic doesn’t seem strange to me at all. This structure would quickly evolve Classic’s realms into cross-expansion communities, complete with retro runs and 0-80 leveling races. This would be the least disruptive choice, as every player faction involved in the debate over Classic/TBC transition would get exactly what they wanted.

Warstone I completely agree with you I have been dreading the change for I missed all the nostalgia of Vanilla and would love to at my own pace continue. I also love many mechanics of classic, even if and when all the bugs happen. I easily get overwhelmed with massive content and enjoy how finite vanilla is but not if that makes sense. Meaning it still is a process to get to end game, and doesnt take the fun away it adds to it. I agree they should be separated because I would love to have the option for both. I also thoroughly enjoy paladin being alliance specific and shaman horde specific. my own opinion. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this