Blood Dk looking for more Dps/Aggro

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

I am looking to expand my blood dk tanking to new lengths and are now looking to raise my dps, since it is very low and alot lower then what ive seen other blood dks are doing.

I am usually spamming all buttons when I feel it won't affect my survival, but however I am doing, my dps is low. I have tried going from a mastery heavy build to a avoidance heavy build but keeping my mastery at 200% buffed.

My aggro issue is on malkorok heroic (we are still progressing but nontheless), where our druid tank is taking aggro over me constantly (by just dpsing) and since my dps is lower(i assume that's the reason) the stacks fucks up and sometimes he goes into the blood rage phase with stacks.

Logs for last raid:

Would appreciate any help with raising dps, while still ofcourse not being a dying tank :)

I've been on both sides of threat issues on Malkorok, even when I outdps the other tank by a good margin I still sometimes can lose threat on that fight in particular. It's mostly because the boss hits much harder than most the previous bosses, so there is a lot more vengeance. For that fight you may want to glyph dancing rune weapon for extra threat and use it on tank swaps. Whoever is off tanking should also be focused on taunting oozes. If he isn't, that will give you some extra room for threat also. after a few seconds his vengeance will drop and you shouldn't have any more threat problems.

For some general tank dps advice:

- your disease uptime is all over the place. some fights you're around 50% other fights it's 90%+. since you're using rolling blood you should try to keep your disease uptime as high as possible, even if there's a lot of switching. On Iron Juggernaut you had a 51% uptime and diseases account for 15.2% of your dps, On Nazgrim you had a 60% uptime and they were for 19.6% of your dps. (by the way diseases don't count in defensive stance, so keep them on the boss). On shamans your disease uptime was 93.5% and they accounted for 23.8% of your total damage. that's a 8% difference between those fights just by using bloodboil and/or outbreak 4-5 more times to refresh diseases.

- You rarely use soul reaper. It won't help you with threat on Malkorok, but it will give you a decent dps boost for the last 35% of bosses. It's also great to use on adds that will die before it goes off, because you'll get a nice haste boost.

Those are the only big things I can see. Malkorok is an annoying fight for tank threat, and Thokk will be even worse when you get there. The other tank is going to have to learn to watch his threat meter and not pull off you after a switch when he still has high vengeance.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yea, i know i need to up the usage of soul reaper, easy to forget ^^ will have to use an addon or something i guess. and the desease uptime is wierd, even tho on IJ we're staying in the back on second phase it shouldn't be that low, i am usually using blood boil to refresh deseases, jeez im even doing it before, love that ability, gonna miss it tons next expac. 

Will definitely check my desease uptime in the future, and will tell the other tank to watch his threat, i am usually trying to taunt adds when i can on that phase so i miss constantly attacking him, but yeah will make that note.

Another thing you can try, is when you taunt the boss use Dancing rune weapon (glyph it) and that'll increase your threat by 100% Really helps me when I'm fighting a druid that is built for max DPS output. 

Cheers, Hope this helps smile.png

Edited by Lithh

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By blessingok
      Hi, I want to level a hunter, I was going to choose human, but has anyone tested void elf to see how the racials compare?  thanks
    • By Narii625

SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am Server Time.
      PROGRESSION: 2/11M, 11/11H
      LOOT STYLE: EPGP DKP Reloaded (What is EPGP?)
      CURRENTLY ACCEPTING (950+ ilvl)
      Tank All DPS (Healing offspec preferable but not required) Possibly accepting other roles! ABOUT US
      950+ ilvl to trial immediately, but we accept others.
      We are looking for skilled and laid back DPS and a Tank for Mythic Antorus.
      We're semi-casual in terms of time we spend raiding but serious about progression, attendance, and performance.
      We're a close-knit guild that hangs out in Discord a lot, joking, playing alts, Mythic+, other games or just hanging out. Fun guild events happen monthly!
      Overall, we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other. (18+ required, we talk like pirates!)
      Fill out our Application form & add me on and/or Discord! ID: LadyPluu#1299
      Discord ID: LadyPluu#4473
      Booty Pirates Website
    • By LazioB
      Hi everyone! This is my first time playing endgame content, thanks to some veteran friends who invited me to play with them. I started with a Fury Warrior, and now that I feel comfortable, I started logging the runs. 

Here is a part of Antorus Normal ( I accidentaly deleted the file later which included the rest of the bosses :( )

Would anyone please take a look at it to see where I have room for improvement (probably everything) and how can I tackle those issues?

PD: Im lacking one of the BiS leggos, and ever since I have the Convergance of Fates trinket, I lost my rotation, cant seem to find when to fire each ability now.
    • By Javalvik
      <Exo> is an old guild from Dragonblight which semi-recently transferred to Stormrage in search of mythic raiders. We are a guild full of experienced raiders always looking to expand our roster. 
      We are not a world first guild nor do we aim to be. Our primary goal is to get loot and have a good time, however this still means on progression nights we do expect you to show up, put on your serious face, and kill some shit.
      Our raids are on 3 nights a week; Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 9pm-12 Server Time (EST). The Monday raids are optional farm/alt nights (Normal/Heroic) with Tuesday/Wednesday being mandatory progression nights.
      Currently we are in need of any competent DPS, off specs are always a welcome addition but not required. Performance and skill will be looked at above gear, experience, or class.
      We do not have a minimum item level required to join our raid team, however we will require you to catch up in our Monday farm-runs up until you are at a mythic level.
      If you have any questions or are interested in joining or trialing with us please add Pasha#1800, Java#1849 or Bushido#1988 on bnet to talk with an officer.
    • By Fyresparxx
      <Abyss> is recruiting to bolster our Mythic raid team. We are a zero drama guild of adults who enjoy raiding progression content. 
      The guild has been around since day one of classic. We have a relatively relaxed raid environment and solid leadership that encourages players to excel while still enjoying the game.
      Raiders must come prepared, on time, with flasks, pots, food, and runes. 
      Raiders must know their class and role. 
      Potential raiders must have been gearing for the content.
      Drama Queens and Trolls need not apply. 
      5/11M, 11/11H Burning Throne
      Our raid schedule is:
      Tuesday - Thursday
      8PM - 11PM CST
      We are looking for the following classes/specs, but will consider any good and dedicated players.
      Healers - Any Class
      DPS - Open
      Tank - CLOSED
      If you are interested in joining our Mythic team, please apply:
      If you have any questions please leave a comment, contact Fyresparxx#1148 or Trex#1111 or send a message or in-game mail to Trex-Whisperwind or Fyresparxx-Whisperwind.