Vomitory

Some Thoughts On Trinkets

Sign in to follow this  

9 posts in this topic

I just won inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_18.jpgNazgrim's Burnished Insignia, and I'm wondering with my current gear, is it worth it?

I know the two I have are probably better in the end, even though it's not the heroic one yet (casual guild, we're in no hurry for AoTC, we'll get it), however I'm wondering if the trinket procs on each target a Chain Heal affects, or if it's only the initial target, OR if at all. Any thoughts?

I personally don't think that the Multistrike/Cleave trinkets are very worthwhile, but, do you feel like the regen from your Siege trinket is needed?

If yes, then keep it the way you have it.  The trinket is worth a lot of spirit/regen, and the static int is very passive and an easy gain.

If no, then try out the Nazgrim's.  The multistrike isn't worth a huge amount to a resto shaman, since it won't affect Totem heals (I think), and the large int proc can be a little more difficult to manage.  But done well, it should be a small increase in throughput.

I don't need the regen at all from it but I do like the static int, which is why I'm super skeptical. I'm not very good at deciphering numbers and such, reading through logs confuses the hell out of me which is why I don't log any of my attempts but I'm thinking maybe in Flex carries or something, might come in handy. I don't know... maybe I should just vendor the thing lol. Druid heals didn't want it for whatever reason.

I personally prefer modifying trinkets.

Sha trinket never dropped for me, but i had Samophlange and dropped it for the Insignia.

So now I'm raiding with Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth (Cleave) and Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia (Multistrike).

In this log you can see our 10-man Malkorok HM tries, where all the raid is extremely spread out:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kg8esjyntwsmeqcg/details/10/?enc=wipes&boss=71454

Multistrike: 2.9% of Healing Done (25% Overheal)

Cleave: 2.4% of Healing Done (58% Overheal)

Malkorok NM - raid is spread out, low damage:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4n2l1ii9vsc9k20r/details/2/?s=8605&e=8775

Multistrike: 2.3% of Healing Done (38% Overheal)

Cleave: 7.8% of Healing Done (29% Overheal)

Norushen HM - most of the raid stack close, moderate damage:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2pel5u3tqsoleghq/details/1/?s=2100&e=2496

Multistrike: 2.5% of Healing Done (65% Overheal)

Cleave: 5.1% of Healing Done (69% Overheal)

Galakras HM - everybody stay in place, low damage:

Multistrike: 2.9% of Healing Done (69% Overheal)

Cleave: 6.5% of Healing Done (63% Overheal)

My personal trinkets raiting is :

1. Prismatic Prison, 2. Thok's Tooth, 3. Insignia, 4. Samophlange

The first place is obvious: roughly saying, this nice thing adds to all your useful stats without causing overheal or popping Spirit in the wrong time.

My reason for putting the Samophlange on the last place is its questionable benefit for our (and yours) current situation - Heroic progression. It was really good on the start of SoO, when every point of the main stat (Int) and every bit of mana were important and useful, but now, when you have 2-4 Heroic pieces of T16, stats or mana are really not the issue.

I would say that every resto shaman who still have mana issues on this stage of progress need to overview the efficiency of his healing.

If I could have a choice between Thok's and Nazgrim's trinkets, I would prefer Thok's. As you can see in the logs, while both trinkets have the same Overhealing more or less, Thok's Cleave 'Healing Done' is normally twice higher than Nazgrim's.

But i still would save the Insignia for some specific fights.

So, the answer on your question - Yes, trade the Samophlange for the Insignia. Direct modification of your heal will contribute more on your current stage of progression.

And change Insignia for the Toooth when you'll get it smile.png

Edited by Pandacho

I would phrase it alternately:

The Multistrike trinket is fantastic, but unpredictable. The Samophlange is predictable, but you don't need its regen.

So in my view you have two choices;

1. Ditch Samophlange for Multistrike and gain some unpredictable (but doubtless strong) healing.
  2. Ditch a load more Spirit for Crit or Mastery and keep Samophlange.

It's often said but rarely actually remembered that you should find yourself under 10% mana at the end of a fight. Right now, I'm at 11k Spirit and I still have 90% at the end of most fights with Samophlange equipped. From that point of view, 2k (nearly 4k in your case!) stats would go a long way to making you a more consistently strong healer. I calculated when I got the Samophlange that it's worth somewhere in the region of 3-4k Spirit on average.

I prefer the Samophlange, for the static bonus and the extra stats I can reforge from Spirit.

One last note: the extra static power is really damn useful on Heroic Malkorok progress, effectively meaning your casts top people up that little bit more. It makes all the difference.

Trinkets in SOO are all very situational and besides the sha trinket I can't say any of them are better all the time.

The multistrike has worked well for me when I am using more single target heals or focusing a tank. The int proc is always welcome

Thok's has worked well on clumped fights in 25 man and the int is nice.

I also keep the regen trink around for when I need to heal and burn mana.

My advice, learn when each trinket helps your style the most and use it at that time.

Stoove's post is dead on as far as using the regen to help you pick up some harder hitting stats. Have fun with it.

I personally prefer modifying trinkets.

Sha trinket never dropped for me, but i had Samophlange and dropped it for the Insignia.

So now I'm raiding with Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth (Cleave) and Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia (Multistrike).

In this log you can see our 10-man Malkorok HM tries, where all the raid is extremely spread out:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kg8esjyntwsmeqcg/details/10/?enc=wipes&boss=71454

Multistrike: 2.9% of Healing Done (25% Overheal)

Cleave: 2.4% of Healing Done (58% Overheal)

Malkorok NM - raid is spread out, low damage:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4n2l1ii9vsc9k20r/details/2/?s=8605&e=8775

Multistrike: 2.3% of Healing Done (38% Overheal)

Cleave: 7.8% of Healing Done (29% Overheal)

Norushen HM - most of the raid stack close, moderate damage:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2pel5u3tqsoleghq/details/1/?s=2100&e=2496

Multistrike: 2.5% of Healing Done (65% Overheal)

Cleave: 5.1% of Healing Done (69% Overheal)

Galakras HM - everybody stay in place, low damage:

Multistrike: 2.9% of Healing Done (69% Overheal)

Cleave: 6.5% of Healing Done (63% Overheal)

My personal trinkets raiting is :

1. Prismatic Prison, 2. Thok's Tooth, 3. Insignia, 4. Samophlange

Now, with your analysis, I'm kind of curious why you still put Insignia ahead of Samophlange.  If Insignia's throughput is only 2.5-3%, do you not think that the ~2400 Int would increase your healing by the same ~3%?

I'm sticking to my own assessment, with the addition from Stoove.  I'd keep the Samophlange, and drop 2/3/4k spirit into other stats until the regen from the Samophlange is worthwhile.

Edited by Hybrys

It's worth noting that the throughput benefit from Samophlange is totally reliable, in stark contrast to the procs off the other trinkets. That, I think, is why it pulls ahead for healers so much.

If you can use Samophlange to reforge more spirit off your gear I think its an easy choice.

Outside of that just beware cleave is close to useless on certain 10 man fights

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Narii625

VISIT OUR WEBSITE!

SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am Server Time.
      PROGRESSION: Tomb of Sargeras [1/9M 9/9H], Nighthold [3/10M]
      LOOT STYLE: EPGP DKP Reloaded (http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/EPGP)
      CURRENTLY ACCEPTING (915+)
      ALL DPS! (Healing offspec preferable but not required) ABOUT US
      915+ ilvl to trial immediately, but we accept others. 930+ ilvl and 72 artifact lvl for Antorus.

We are looking for skilled and laid back DPS to help fill out our roster for Antorus.

We're semi-casual in terms of time we spend raiding but serious about progression, attendance and performance.

We're a close-knit guild that hangs out in Discord a lot, joking, playing alts, Mythic+, other games or just hanging out. Fun guild events happen monthly!

Overall, we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other. (18+ required, we talk like pirates!)

New, returning and veteran players welcomed.

Fill out our Guild Application!
      Battle.net ID: LadyPluu#1299, Discord ID: LadyPluu#4473
      Guild Recruitment Officer
      Booty Pirates Website
    • By TheKaiser
      I have a few questions concerning the upcoming expansion:
      First I wanted to ask, how everything with legendarys and artefacts is now going to be, are there still gonna be legendarys with the same role as in Legion and what about artefacts, are the HoA armors the new artefacts ?

Furthermore I wanted to know wheter or not pvp is mandatory for warfronts and island plundering or if you don't need to be a top pvp player to still achieve some nice things and interesting rewards.

With warfronts I also wanted to enquire how the gameplay most likely will look like, they are pve events so you shouldn't need to be a pvp player, right ?
      Also one last question, how hard do you think the warfront rewards will be to get ? The transmog does look quite nice and I wanted to ask if it is gonna be something, that is going to be locked and only available to hardcore players
    • By Frostjin
      <Currently Online> US - Illidan - Horde - Is recruiting raiders for all difficulties, and social/casual players of all levels!
      _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      About Us:
      <Currently Online> Founded 2014 by a core group that has been playing World of Warcraft since Vanilla. Currently Online has since evolved to far more than a guild; we are a full scale gaming community with our roots in World of Warcraft. 
      _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      What We Offer: 
      The largest and most active World of Warcraft community in the world, with over 9,000 members across 9 guilds (6 Alliance, 3 Horde), we offer a huge slate of activities to our players, both in WoW and out...
      Raiding: 
      9/9 H ToS Progression 2 Raid Teams - ranging from Casual to Mythic Progression See the teams and their needs on our website: http://currentlyonline.gg/raiding
      PvP:
      1 RBG Teams Countless members always looking for BGs and arenas! Learn more about our PvP offerings on our website: http://currentlyonline.gg/rbgs
      For Socials:
      Always active guild chat - 3 guilds linked with the add-on Greenwall. In-game activities and competitions: XMog Contests, PvP Events, Mythic+ Spams, Achievement Runs, Alt Raids, Yolo BGs, and more! Bi-Weekly In-Game Lottery! New Member Orientations! Come make some new friends! Room for advancement as an officer. Out of WoW:
      Private Gaming Servers such as Minecraft & 7DaysToDie Destiny 2 Clan Steam Group FFXIV Company Rust Clan Always active Discord w/ thousands of users Drinking Nights Monthly Giveaways _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      To Join:
      If you find yourself on Illidan Horde, simply "/who Currently Online" and ask for an invite! If you're not on one of our realms yet, let us know on our website and we'll keep your seat warm!
      http://currentlyonline.gg/join 
      Contact Us: 
      You can contact us by Btag, or email as listed below.
      Add one of the following officers to your Btag:
      Coldcrow#1329
      Joberty#7753
      OR
      Email us at:
      Coldcrow@currentlyonline.gg
      Swampage@currentlyonline.gg
      We hope to see everyone in game!

• By Frostjin
      <Currently Online> US - Sargeras - Alliance and US - Illidan - Horde - Is recruiting raiders for all difficulties, and social/casual players of all levels!
      About Us:
      <Currently Online> Founded 2014 by a core group that has been playing World of Warcraft since Vanilla. Currently Online has since evolved to far more than a guild; we are a full scale gaming community with our roots in World of Warcraft. 
      What We Offer: 
      The largest and most active World of Warcraft community in the world, with over 9,000 members across 9 guilds (6 Alliance, 3 Horde), we offer a huge slate of activities to our players, both in WoW and out...
      Raiding: 
      7/7 M EN, 2/3 M ToV, 7/10 M NH, and 6/9 M ToS Progression 12 Raid Teams - ranging from Casual to Mythic Progression See the teams and their needs on our website: http://currentlyonline.gg/raiding
      PvP:
      4 RBG Teams Countless members always looking for BGs and arenas! Learn more about our PvP offerings on our website: http://currentlyonline.gg/rbgs
      For Socials:
      Always active guild chat - 6 guilds linked with the add-on Greenwall on Alliance, and 3 on Horde. In-game activities and competitions: XMog Contests, PvP Events, Mythic+ Spams, Achievement Runs, Alt Raids, Yolo BGs, and more! Bi-Weekly In-Game Lottery! New Member Orientations! Come make some new friends! Room for advancement as an officer. Out of WoW:
      Private Gaming Servers such as Minecraft & 7DaysToDie Destiny 2 Clan Steam Group FFXIV Company Rust Clan Always active Discord w/ thousands of users Drinking Nights Monthly Giveaways _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      To Join:
      If you find yourself on Sargeras Alliance or Illidan Horde, simply "/who Currently Online" and ask for an invite! If you're not on one of our realms yet, let us know on our website and we'll keep your seat warm!
      http://currentlyonline.gg/join 
      Contact Us: 
      You can contact us by Btag, or email as listed below.
      Add one of the following officers to your Btag:
      Coldcrow#1329
      Joberty#7753
      OR
      Email us at:
      Coldcrow@currentlyonline.gg
      Swampage@currentlyonline.gg
      We hope to see everyone in game!

• By Athlios
      Guild Information:
      Guild name: Gordian Knot
      Faction: Horde
      Realm: Draenor (EU)
      Realm Type: Normal - PVE
      Current progress: ToS 5/9M, NH 6/10M, ToV 2/3M
      Raid days: Wednesday, Sunday, Monday
      Raid times: 20.00-23.00 CET
      (Full application details on website)
      Recruiting for Heroic and Mythic Raiding:
      High:
      Priest: Discipline Shaman: Restoration Medium:
      Druid: Feral Warrior: All specs Low:
      Mage: All specs Monk: Windwalker Rogue: All specs These are our open spots at the moment, however, we are always interested in any player that is highly skilled, knowledgeable with their class and has positive and friendly attitude.
      Also, in order to be able to join our main team straight away, you need to meet the requirements for our current progress, which are around 930 item level equiped and around 70+ traits on your weapon.
      Any social and friendly person who wants to join us for kicks and giggles is welcome. Just poke any of our officers online and you will get an invite for a social spot (no raiding spot).
      About us:
      Gordian Knot is a 20-man semi-hardcore raiding guild that consists of experienced raiders with some of them having raiding experience as far back as Vanilla.
      We are a friendly group who enjoys World of Warcraft and loves raiding. We have fun and joke around but when bosses need to go down then all is serious! We wish for all our members to enjoy the game as much as we do and we expect raiders to maintain a 70% attendance per month.
      We also enjoy a variety of other activities such as running a lot of Mythic+ dungeons doing alt-runs, achievement runs etc.
      There are a few things we hold in high value but above else we value friendliness and politeness towards guildies and other players and skillfulness when it comes to the more serious parts of the game.
      Currently :
      We raid 3 nights a week, Wednesdays, Sundays and Mondays, from 20:00 till 23:00 server time.
      Although we are a 20-man guild, we usually run an extra group in order to get more people to experience the joys of raiding, help new raiders learn the Knot's way to down bosses and gearing up. Usually, these runs happen on Thursdays. Also, every Friday and sometimes Saturdays too, we're on RBGs killing alliance scums!
      Saturdays are generally left for those RBGs or older content runs for fun and drinking!
      Our current guild progress is 5/9 on Tomb of Sargeras mythic, and we're focusing on getting further Mythic progress. Our aim is to always progress as much as possible but also to have a relaxed and fun atmosphere at the same time!
      If you're interested in joining Gordian Knot, please fill in our application form, located at http://gordian-knot.eu/apply/, alternatively please whisper one of our officers:
      Jenquai - Athlios#2283
      Leleko - Leleko#2235
      Narweena - Sephyra#2517
      or contact me on discord Athlios#0153
      PS. We're always open to group applications or guild merging discussions.
      We are also open and welcome social applications.