FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vomitory

Some Thoughts On Trinkets

I just won inv_jewelry_orgrimmarraid_trinket_18.jpgNazgrim's Burnished Insignia, and I'm wondering with my current gear, is it worth it?

I know the two I have are probably better in the end, even though it's not the heroic one yet (casual guild, we're in no hurry for AoTC, we'll get it), however I'm wondering if the trinket procs on each target a Chain Heal affects, or if it's only the initial target, OR if at all. Any thoughts?

I personally don't think that the Multistrike/Cleave trinkets are very worthwhile, but, do you feel like the regen from your Siege trinket is needed?

If yes, then keep it the way you have it.  The trinket is worth a lot of spirit/regen, and the static int is very passive and an easy gain.

If no, then try out the Nazgrim's.  The multistrike isn't worth a huge amount to a resto shaman, since it won't affect Totem heals (I think), and the large int proc can be a little more difficult to manage.  But done well, it should be a small increase in throughput.

I don't need the regen at all from it but I do like the static int, which is why I'm super skeptical. I'm not very good at deciphering numbers and such, reading through logs confuses the hell out of me which is why I don't log any of my attempts but I'm thinking maybe in Flex carries or something, might come in handy. I don't know... maybe I should just vendor the thing lol. Druid heals didn't want it for whatever reason.

I personally prefer modifying trinkets.

Sha trinket never dropped for me, but i had Samophlange and dropped it for the Insignia.

So now I'm raiding with Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth (Cleave) and Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia (Multistrike).

In this log you can see our 10-man Malkorok HM tries, where all the raid is extremely spread out:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kg8esjyntwsmeqcg/details/10/?enc=wipes&boss=71454

Multistrike: 2.9% of Healing Done (25% Overheal)

Cleave: 2.4% of Healing Done (58% Overheal)

Malkorok NM - raid is spread out, low damage:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4n2l1ii9vsc9k20r/details/2/?s=8605&e=8775

Multistrike: 2.3% of Healing Done (38% Overheal)

Cleave: 7.8% of Healing Done (29% Overheal)

Norushen HM - most of the raid stack close, moderate damage:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2pel5u3tqsoleghq/details/1/?s=2100&e=2496

Multistrike: 2.5% of Healing Done (65% Overheal)

Cleave: 5.1% of Healing Done (69% Overheal)

Galakras HM - everybody stay in place, low damage:

Multistrike: 2.9% of Healing Done (69% Overheal)

Cleave: 6.5% of Healing Done (63% Overheal)

My personal trinkets raiting is :

1. Prismatic Prison, 2. Thok's Tooth, 3. Insignia, 4. Samophlange

The first place is obvious: roughly saying, this nice thing adds to all your useful stats without causing overheal or popping Spirit in the wrong time.

My reason for putting the Samophlange on the last place is its questionable benefit for our (and yours) current situation - Heroic progression. It was really good on the start of SoO, when every point of the main stat (Int) and every bit of mana were important and useful, but now, when you have 2-4 Heroic pieces of T16, stats or mana are really not the issue.

I would say that every resto shaman who still have mana issues on this stage of progress need to overview the efficiency of his healing.

If I could have a choice between Thok's and Nazgrim's trinkets, I would prefer Thok's. As you can see in the logs, while both trinkets have the same Overhealing more or less, Thok's Cleave 'Healing Done' is normally twice higher than Nazgrim's.

But i still would save the Insignia for some specific fights.

So, the answer on your question - Yes, trade the Samophlange for the Insignia. Direct modification of your heal will contribute more on your current stage of progression.

And change Insignia for the Toooth when you'll get it smile.png

Edited by Pandacho

I would phrase it alternately:

The Multistrike trinket is fantastic, but unpredictable. The Samophlange is predictable, but you don't need its regen.

So in my view you have two choices;

1. Ditch Samophlange for Multistrike and gain some unpredictable (but doubtless strong) healing.
  2. Ditch a load more Spirit for Crit or Mastery and keep Samophlange.

It's often said but rarely actually remembered that you should find yourself under 10% mana at the end of a fight. Right now, I'm at 11k Spirit and I still have 90% at the end of most fights with Samophlange equipped. From that point of view, 2k (nearly 4k in your case!) stats would go a long way to making you a more consistently strong healer. I calculated when I got the Samophlange that it's worth somewhere in the region of 3-4k Spirit on average.

I prefer the Samophlange, for the static bonus and the extra stats I can reforge from Spirit.

One last note: the extra static power is really damn useful on Heroic Malkorok progress, effectively meaning your casts top people up that little bit more. It makes all the difference.

Trinkets in SOO are all very situational and besides the sha trinket I can't say any of them are better all the time.

The multistrike has worked well for me when I am using more single target heals or focusing a tank. The int proc is always welcome

Thok's has worked well on clumped fights in 25 man and the int is nice.

I also keep the regen trink around for when I need to heal and burn mana.

My advice, learn when each trinket helps your style the most and use it at that time.

Stoove's post is dead on as far as using the regen to help you pick up some harder hitting stats. Have fun with it.

I personally prefer modifying trinkets.

Sha trinket never dropped for me, but i had Samophlange and dropped it for the Insignia.

So now I'm raiding with Thok's Acid-Grooved Tooth (Cleave) and Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia (Multistrike).

In this log you can see our 10-man Malkorok HM tries, where all the raid is extremely spread out:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kg8esjyntwsmeqcg/details/10/?enc=wipes&boss=71454

Multistrike: 2.9% of Healing Done (25% Overheal)

Cleave: 2.4% of Healing Done (58% Overheal)

Malkorok NM - raid is spread out, low damage:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4n2l1ii9vsc9k20r/details/2/?s=8605&e=8775

Multistrike: 2.3% of Healing Done (38% Overheal)

Cleave: 7.8% of Healing Done (29% Overheal)

Norushen HM - most of the raid stack close, moderate damage:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2pel5u3tqsoleghq/details/1/?s=2100&e=2496

Multistrike: 2.5% of Healing Done (65% Overheal)

Cleave: 5.1% of Healing Done (69% Overheal)

Galakras HM - everybody stay in place, low damage:

Multistrike: 2.9% of Healing Done (69% Overheal)

Cleave: 6.5% of Healing Done (63% Overheal)

My personal trinkets raiting is :

1. Prismatic Prison, 2. Thok's Tooth, 3. Insignia, 4. Samophlange

Now, with your analysis, I'm kind of curious why you still put Insignia ahead of Samophlange.  If Insignia's throughput is only 2.5-3%, do you not think that the ~2400 Int would increase your healing by the same ~3%?

I'm sticking to my own assessment, with the addition from Stoove.  I'd keep the Samophlange, and drop 2/3/4k spirit into other stats until the regen from the Samophlange is worthwhile.

Edited by Hybrys

It's worth noting that the throughput benefit from Samophlange is totally reliable, in stark contrast to the procs off the other trinkets. That, I think, is why it pulls ahead for healers so much.

If you can use Samophlange to reforge more spirit off your gear I think its an easy choice.

Outside of that just beware cleave is close to useless on certain 10 man fights