FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Recommended Item Level for Torghast Layers in Patch 9.0.5

49187-torghast-tower-of-the-damned-in-sh

To better illustrate your chances of success, a recommended Item Level is displayed when selecting Layer difficulty in Patch 9.0.5.

This quality-of-life change is really good because it can potentially decrease your chance of failing a run.

torghast layers.jpg

There's also a brief description of each wing on the left side of the UI in Patch 9.0.5.

The six Torghast wings and Twisting Corridors have different item level recommendations, as outlined below.

Recommended Item Level for the 6 Torghast Wings

Layer Recommended Item Level
1 Item Level 130
2 Item Level 150
3 Item Level 160
4 Item Level 165
5 Item Level 175
6 Item Level 180
7 Item Level 185
8 Item Level 195

Recommended Item Level for Twisting Corridors

1 Item Level 170
2 Item Level 180
3 Item Level 185
4 Item Level 195
5 Item Level 200
6 Item Level 210
7 Item Level 220
8 Item Level 225

30 minutes ago, Kalaaleq said:

With the crap luck I have on my priest. I need mythic raid gear to go smoothly on the layer 8's.

That is unless I'm in a group.

Or you just try it a couple times until you get good powers.

I dunno if the ilvl reqs are changing, but I did a twisting corridors 7 with an UHDK at a 195ish ilvl. It was rough AF, but I got it done. I think it had almost everything to do with the powers I had by the end though, lol.

I wonder what makes the difference. With a prot paladin and an arcane mage, my husband and I blew up Twisting Corridors with ilvls in the 180s. We only met the teragrue once.

I'm not even particularly practiced at arcane or mages in general, so I have no claim to particular skill on it, and he hadn't tanked anything in years.

If we'd been told by Blizzard that there were recommended ilvls like this, we may never have even attempted it. Instead, we had a lot of fun tearing the place down.

I rather like this idea. If I had this guide from the beginning, I wouldn't have gotten myself in over my head early on. The Tarragrue and I aren't on good terms. 😅 Nowadays, though, it's a non-issue for the most part, although I still ride the strugglebus in TC on occasion, depending on what powers I get.

3 hours ago, Kalaaleq said:

With the crap luck I have on my priest. I need mythic raid gear to go smoothly on the layer 8's.

That is unless I'm in a group.

I think I completed Twisting 8 on my Shadow Priest when I was 205, its definitely doable but you need to take your time on every pack, and as CTEKK said, getting good powers at the start can mean all the difference.

TC is better with 3-4 people and pending on powers earlier through easier floors.  Completed Layers 6, 7, and 8 with 2 Mages (1 Frost the other Arcane), a MW Monk whom got really lucky with 3-4 stacks of Corrosive Dosage anima power, and I went as Vengeance DH and stacked as many defensive powers that I could take.  When you hit Floor 12 on those layers I advise caution and take your time with the traps and select mob packs.  And if possible when you reach a vendor to buy the extra life potions if avaialble to add as a security measure if a member gets clipped by a trap, pushed off/walked off a ledge, or gets caught in a cleave/AoE.

The anima powers greatly outweigh the item level, and my item level 185 shadow priest was able to do 50k dps on the floor 6 boss in a full group. Maybe those item level recommendations are more for trying to solo the dungeon.

These recommendations seem really inflated. I completed Twisting Corridors on my Priest weeks ago when my ilvl was probably around 208 or so, and it wasn't even remotely difficult. I only died from either getting too aggressive and pulling tons of packs or falling off the edge. That said, the last couple bosses got a little tricky only because they would two shot me, so I had to kite a little, but I was also killing them in a few hits too.

9 hours ago, Stan said:

Recommended Item Level for the 6 Torghast Wings

1 Item Level 130
2 Item Level 150
3 Item Level 160
4 Item Level 165
5 Item Level 175
6 Item Level 180
7 Item Level 185
8 Item Level 195

wait so i've been clearing level 8's on a iLvl 170 character... what

I am slowly working my way up the tower and towards the mount. So far at level 5. I have decent gear, but that is not what makes a good or a bad run. Selecting the right anima powers and spending your hard earned anima on yet more powers is what will get it done. I play a fire mage, so ideally want the anima power that gives me more in the way of mirror images and the power that gives them intelligence, With the first I have ended up with a near raid sized solo grp of 15 mages all pyroblasting away at the bosses :) Fun runs indeed. If i go in and for the first floor get rubbish powers far earsier the leave and start again, rather than die on floor 14 or the like.