Dereck123

5.0.4: In reference to the Pre-Mists Raiding Period

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

Good morning guys Posted Image

My name is Dereck and I am currently in a position where I will be competing with a fellow raider for a core spot in Mists of Pandaria.

The way my guild is going to determine who is more worthy of taking that spot is by looking at our DPS during the Pre-Mists Raiding Period (which is from today all the way to Sept. 25th).

So, my question is simple:

In BiS gear as of 5.0.4, what spec will have a higher chance of producing the higher DPS?

I currently assumed that frost will be the PvE spec. that produces the highest DPS as of 5.0.4, so I had reforged all my gear two days ago to accomodate this change. In other words, I maxxed out my haste then crit. and left mastery to be my lowest stat.

However, as I read through more guides and forum posts on mmo-champion, people said that due to the current tier bonuses and the fights in dragon soul, fire will still be much more ahead in terms of DPS.

I really would like to know because I am confused to be quite frank - it isn't fun to keep having to switch reforges every 5 minutes because one pulls ahead of the other during one instance, then the other one overrides it in another instance.

Any stable data to confirm which would come out victorious?

I.E: If you were me, which spec would you pick for this competition?

Thank you for taking the time to read this,

Have a good day guys.

EDIT: removed some unnecessary information.

If anyone could post what it is that would be much appreciated. Currently there hasn't been any simcraft done on heroic ds fights in comparing the specs.

I would just go Fire and reforge everything to crit, after reaching the spell hit cap of 15%.

I would just go Fire and reforge everything to crit, after reaching the spell hit cap of 15%.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I have been refereshing this page 5 x an hour hoping for a reply.

Ok, so now I know what to do :)

<3