FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Weekly Valor Cap Removed on the 9.0.5 PTR?

56365-community-suggested-quality-of-lif

It appears that the Weekly Maximum Valor cap has been removed on the 9.0.5 PTR. The patch releases this week on March 9.

Previously, players could only earn 750 Valor each week, as shown in the screenshot below.

valor1.jpg

On Thursday, Blizzard announced in a blue post that they were increasing Valor caps on the 9.0.5 PTR. Most importantly, they also added that there would be a cap of 1,500 on how much Valor a character can hold at a time, which seems to have been scrapped in the end.

Currently, on the PTR, it looks like Blizzard has entirely removed the Weekly Valor cap in a hotfix (see missing tooltip). The Total Maximum cap has been increased to 8,750 Valor.

A72Zsb8.jpg

We're still waiting for Blizzard to confirm if the Weekly Cap has been indeed scrapped or if it's just a bug.

The weekly thing was fine, same as conquest. Mostly made sense if only to keep some from going off the rails week 1.

A max to hold however was stupid, esp with the lack of drops...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobbis said:

The weekly thing was fine, same as conquest. Mostly made sense if only to keep some from going off the rails week 1.

A max to hold however was stupid, esp with the lack of drops...

weekly cap wouldve made sense if it was there from the start of the season. cap to hold i agree is pretty dumb especially since we have to reearn all of the gear

• Thanks 1

well since its mostly a mechanic for twinks (or if you wanna reroll) at this point it doesnt really matter for season 1 if there was a weekly cap, does it? i mean, im working like there was/is no pandemic going around and i barelly can play a twink nor raid mythic content (also not much time for pvp but im forced to get/upgrade that trinket thought) but im just missing 3  items at the momen which i could upgrade (so first of all items need to drop for those slots again) and ill get 1 more at ID reset probably if im lucky.

there should be plenty people around who have time to play m+, raid and do pvp due to corona free time and should miss even less then 3 items below 220.

at least nice to have for season 2 if there is an ilvl increase (while i think that they would implement a weekly cap for season 2 at least)

Edited by ResoWho

21 minutes ago, Ulzorn said:

weekly cap wouldve made sense if it was there from the start of the season. cap to hold i agree is pretty dumb especially since we have to reearn all of the gear

It will be, they increased it to 5k or so for the start since it's part way through S2, it'll start at 750 I guess if they don't keep this change.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      This is one for the "weird bugs that are actually kind of awesome" collection, as a player got to keep his Shadowform after switching back to Discipline!
      Quakes19 was minding their own business playing some arena as Disc, then queued as Shadow while still remaining in Disc (which would make the spec switch when a match started and switch back when it ended), and logged out after the matches. The next day, well, there was a pretty nice present waiting, as Shadowform had remained active while the spec reverted back to Discipline! That's a solid 10% extra spell damage until death/logout, which also helps out with Disc's healing, so it's a pretty good deal!
      This is probably not the first time something like this has happened, but it's always fun to check out the actually fun weird occurrences in the game! Hopefully quakes19 had some fun with it and didn't die too fast!
    • By Starym
      The very appropriately named Completionism .co.uk site is, as you'd imagine, great for completionists! It has a very light and clean overview with an easy to use interface which lets you see just what you're missing across any characters you might want to add.

I added a couple characters in to try it out. I swear I did more than this!11
      Separated into expansions and events, with the main categories within those being achievements, mounts, pets and professions, the site gives you a great overview of the things you've done/collected and the many things you've yet to do. Adding characters is pretty simple and fast, and the achievements and collections from all of them add up (and you can remove chars as well if you're just interested in individual ones later).

On the holiday event side of things, I did not do more than this.
      A note from the author:
      You can also filter out any categories you're not interested in, from specific professions, a whole faction or class and more. Going into the details for a particular collection also shows the mounts or pets missing and (generally) where to get them:

And the same thing for achievements:

All in all it's a very clean and easy to use overview of everything you've done, and once you add in all your characters, it'll be easier to set your sights on something new, so head on over there and try it out.
    • By Stan
      The Henry Cavill hype never dies down, it seems. The Witcher actor has been spotted in public wearing an Alliance face mask.
      The hype started with Henry Cavill being the perfect fit for Arthas in an "imaginary" Warcraft movie. People started photoshopping him, creating various fan concepts.

(Image Source)
      Even though an upcoming Warcraft movie announcement is extremely unlikely, the actor tagged Blizzard and responded to fan demands on Instagram.

Even Chris Metzen, the father of WoW, approved of him playing Arthas!
      Placeholder for tweet 1313175553956966400 Cavill later teased a secret project, and now, he's been spotted in public wearing an Alliance face mask.

(Image Source)
      There are plenty of Warcraft-related hints surrounding the actor, who just finished filming the Witcher's second Season. Do you think we'll ever see another Warcraft movie? In the meantime, don't forget to toss a coin to your Witcher.
    • By Stan
      If you still haven't earned your Corridor Creeper, we have some bad news for you! A naked Fire Mage defeated the last boss of the Twisting Corridors Layer 8 (Floor 18) with Item Level 0!
      Source: Reddit
    • By Stan
      The infamous Mythic+ griefer who purposefully leaves groups just after the keystone run starts is still haunting Draenor!
      In March, we covered a legendary griefer who leaves Mythic dungeons just after the run starts. The player got replaced multiple times in dungeons, which triggered this unacceptable behavior.
      It turns out the person wasn't banned yet. Yesterday, Reddit user Tahirti came forward with another chat image of the troll playing on Draenor.
      The griefer also copy-pasted some "automatic messages" to retaliate for what had been done to them, telling party members that their chat and mail privileges had been temporarily suspended. You can read the rest in the below snapshot.

Source: Reddit