What's Coming in Shadowlands Patch 9.0.5
Everything you need to know about Patch 9.0.5, the first Shadowlands content patch.
What is the Major Focus of Patch 9.0.5?
Patch 9.0.5 focuses entirely on systems, responding to community feedback about rewards, tuning, and fixing a range of bugs that cannot be easily hotfixed.
When Will Patch 9.0.5 Go Live?
Patch 9.0.5 will go live on March 9, 2021 in the Americas and on March 10, 2021 in the EU region.
Patch 9.0.5 Class Changes
Multiple classes received Patch 9.0.5 class changes in Patch 9.0.5.
What Else is Coming in Patch 9.0.5?
The subsequent sections cover larger chunks of content changes coming in Patch 9.0.5. These include:
- Upgradable Mythic Keystone Gear — The Return of Valor (Points);
- Covenants and Legendary Powers tuning;
- Items and Rewards changes in Mythic Dungeons;
- Mythic Keystone Dungeon and Raid Changes;
- Battleground changes;
- Covenant Adventure changes;
- The Maw changes;
- Various Torghast updates;
- Undead character changes.
Upgradable Mythic Keystone Gear
Many dungeon-focused players reached a point where the only relevant rewards from the system come from the Great Vault, so Mythic+ gear will become upgradable with Valor.
You will learn everything about Valor in our dedicated guide.
Covenant and Legendary Items Tuning
The changes coming in 9.0.5 are improvements to Legendary Powers and Covenant class abilities that have seen comparatively less use by players. The goal with the tuning is to provide more gameplay options for crafting and utilizing Legendary items in specific situations, and to make sure that more players feel that the Covenant that suits their aesthetic, narrative, or other preferences for their character also feels more viable for their preferred playstyle.
Items and Rewards Changes in Patch 9.0.5
This section contains changes to items and rewards in the 9.0.5 update.
- Completing a Mythic Keystone dungeon after the timer has ended now rewards a second item. The Item Level of the second item will be slightly lower (e.g. finishing a Mythic 7 Keystone dungeon, but not completing the timer now rewards the party with an Item Level 200 and an Item level 197 item).
- The Wandering Ancient mount becomes available to anyone who purchased Shadowlands.
- Great Vault raid loot requirements have changed. You only need to defeat 3/6/9 raid bosses (was 3/7/10).
- Potency Conduits now drop in Castle Nathria.
- Once players reach Renown 40 with their Covenant, the weekly quest to gather 1,000 Anima will now award you with 1,500 Gold.
- Once players have recruited the maximum amount of Souls for their Covenant, your weekly quest to rescue Souls from The Maw will now award you with 500 Anima.
- Rhinestone Sunglasses can now be used in transmogrification and will appear in your collection once found.
- Vendor prices for items below Item Level 75 have been adjusted.
- Enchant Weapon - Lightless Force no longer targets out-of-combat or crowd-controlled enemies.
- The Hunger of the Pack trinket now grants the speed stat instead of movement speed percentage.
- The Barrier Generator toy can no longer be used in instanced PvP.
Mythic Keystone Dungeon and Raid Changes
The formula for determining the level of the first Mythic Keystone players receive each week has been changed. Furthermore, multiple dungeon and and Castle Nathria mobs and encounters received updates.
PvP and Battleground Changes
Multiple Epic Battlegrounds were tweaked. This includes Ashran, Isle of Conquest, and Wintergrasp.
Covenant Adventure Changes
Many Companions have been buffed in Patch 9.0.5. You can find all specific details on a separate page.
The Maw Zone Changes
- A new account-wide unlock has been added to Ve'nari that reveals teleporter nodes near all the long walkable chains in Torghast to help you quickly cross the chains and no longer have to face your fear of heights.
- Reduced the health and amount of Anima Devourers required for Stage 1 of the Winged Soul Eaters Hunt.
Torghast Layers now have a brief description and recommended Item Level indicated to increase your chance of success.
- Undead cloaks will now be as tattered as the forsaken wearing them. Your character customization settings will now inform the appearance of your cloak for Undead characters.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Added release date.
- 24 Feb. 2021: Renamed Valor Points into Valor.
- 21 Feb. 2021: Hub added.
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Updates: Arena Matchmaking, Title and Gear Changes
- Burning Crusade Classic Release Date? Brief Ad Popup On Battle Net Indicates June 1st
- Children's Week Is Here, May 3rd to May 10th
- Fun Fact: Turtle Polymorph Unique Sleep Interaction
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 8: Shadow and Arcane Move Up at the Top
- Ve'nari Reputation Paragon Rewards in Patch 9.1
- World of Warcraft's 17th Anniversary Event Rewards
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38511 Class Changes