FORUMS
Damien

Necromancer Rathma Army of the Dead

This thread is for comments about our Army of the Dead Rathma Necromancer build.

In the overview page, the Bonds of Clena in the gear list isn't a link to the item but just bolded text. Don't know if that's because the item isn't available yet and it's a placeholder, or because someone made a typo in the formatting 🙂 

Guest Baripoca

Im dying too easly when I have to use schyte to generate essence. and when mobs come to close when I use bone armor.

Guest Boneyard96

I have found better success using a hellfire amulet over squirts as well as putting Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang in the cube.

I don't understand how this makes sense?  It has something in there that says curses last forever, but it doesn't seem to use any of the curse abilities?....

Guest Pojambles
7 hours ago, Majikza said:

I don't understand how this makes sense?  It has something in there that says curses last forever, but it doesn't seem to use any of the curse abilities?....

it has the rune on the scythe ability... but yeah I dont really get a lot of the choices in this build either..

Guest Lewk
7 hours ago, Majikza said:

The "Cursed Scythe" skill rune for Grim Scythe provides the curses.

At higher levels, this build will focus on killing elites, and leave most others alive. Giving them a cursory swipe of your Cursed Scythe should mean you'll be keeping about 15-20% extra damage from this up. Doesn't work for a GR boss, of course.

But yes, the curses, and the poison skill choices, are things that are just fairly "general" necro suggestions. If there's no really synergistic weapon to cube, let's try and skill towards Poison and use Nayr's. If there's no need for a specific generator, just use Cursed Scythe. If there's no specific needed ring, Krysbin's. Etc.

It's a sign this build isn't quite complete yet, in my mind. There could really be better synergies with the proper items, but eh. I mean, Krysbin, Nayr's,etc are just such strong generic items for Necro's there's usually little point in using something else. Same reason every necro build has Dayntee's, unless they need the belt slot for Captain Crimson. 

Rathma got the short end of the stick in the 2.7 updates, sadly. The changes throughout the PTR were meandering and it never really landed on its proper playstyle, even though it is somewhat viable even now. It feels an item and a multiplier short of its true potential, and the inexplicable removal of Bone Spirit at the last minute really doesn't help shake the unfinished feel of this rework.

Guest Aurelias

This build has 2 many flaws, ... Zei's gem makes u want to be as far from enemies as possible meanwhile Gogok's gem while using scythe as primary skill makes u wanna be as close as possible, so they countereachother. At the same time you use 2 passives for curses & only applicator of curses is your 15 % primary spell.  I recommend using this build only until u farm better one &  use Death Valley rune on Army of dead since it has bigger AOE radius, and u won't lack dmg anyways and Rigor Mortis passive instead of the curses one & maybe last stand. 

Zei's is somewhat counterintuitive in that it grants its base multiplicative damage increase starting at the 0 yard (melee) range, instead of the indicated 10 yards. Surely there is a bigger bonus to attain the larger the distance, but it can be played around, i.e. you swing at a singular straggler enemy to keep up Gogok stacks, while you demolish the larger pack of clumped enemies that are further away with AotD.

I'd also like to point out the Physical damage version of the build that we have! There is indeed a strong alteration that uses the Death Valley rune. 🙂