FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Worthog

New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?

I've played on a Cata private server for about 2 months doing tier 11 and 12 normal progression as well as Shadowlands launch for about a month and a half. With all the excitement for the TBC beta, I want to join in, but am at a crossroads. There is the boost, which sounds really appealing. But with what content creators have been saying and a general negative view of the boost, I am unsure whether to level or not. I feel as if trying to play through classic this late wouldn't be worth the time with my lack of experience. But boosting would put me at such a gear disadvantage it also feels pointless. Where should I start?

boosting is totally fine, the gear doesnt matter at all, after an hour in tbc your greens will be better 

So if you want to experience the leveling in classic do it, but it will be a massive time investment, if you dont feel like doing that get a boost, nothing wrong with that, dont get brainwashed by toxic content creators

With the release of the Pre-Patch i start leveling a Warrior and had a total blast. It felt like a new Dark Souls game for me.

If you don't want to do that, i would recommend looking for 2 people to level together with. It is so much easier, funnier and faster and it's the way the game was meant to be played. People buying the boost just skip this option and wonder why they are alone from 58-70, can't compete at 70 and quit after 2 months again.

Uncommon Patron

Having played vanilla from 2004-2011, I opted to boost. There is nothing for me to gain from repeating a plethora of quests that I have already done ad nauseum. However, if you did not play vanilla, you may want to see what that was like. Nevertheless, I'd recommend using your boost and jumping into Outland with your main toon, while creating an alt for the experience of leveling if you so desire. Honestly, there's a lot of great content in classic, but there's also a lengthy grindfest involved and since most players already had a toon at 60, you'll likely struggle to find groups for classic dungeons if you're not on a well populated server. It's not an either/or proposition. You can both boost a toon and level another toon if you want to. Just keep in mind most of the focus is going to be on Outland and the only thing that will be happening in classic is leveling.

Uncommon Patron

IF you are playing to relax, just level up and enjoy the world. IF you want to do high end right away, Boost. Best advice I've seen so far, do both. I would only add, don't turn your gaming into a second job.  Enjoy!