FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

World First Sludgefirst Normal Solo!

57275-sludgefist-taken-down-by-5-players

An incredible feat by Rextroy once more as he moved from the first boss of Castle Nathria solo straight to the 8th! No crazy exploits, just a lot of really perfect kiting and understanding of the boss here!

Sludgefist is used to running around a lot, but Rextroy put him through his paces, as he ran around trying to catch the Prot Paladin for 1 and a half hours! The key here is that the enrage doesn't really affect tanks as much, as they can heal through it and just keep kiting the boss forever using Blessed Hammer Blessed Hammer and other ranged spells. It also helps there's no chains to worry about and to jump around with Door of Shadows Door of Shadows at key points!

As usual, Rex goes through all the details of the fight and how he did it in the (shortened) video below:

And here's the commentary from the video description:

Background: Sludgefist is a boss that is soloable, thanks to his rotation. All the three abilities (charge, stomp and roar) will make him stop chasing you, which allows you to gain distance. Even better is that his Colossal Roar Colossal Roar will push you away!

Sludgefist doesn't have a "real" berserk either, he has a different type of effect that should wipe you. And that is when you run out of pillars for him to smash into. If he smashes any wall, the raid group will take constant massive damage. As a tank however, that damage isn't too large (3.5k on my prot pala)

Even without a berserk he still hits hard, but because he is easily kited his uptime will be really minimal. To manage this, I had to theorycraft, or get used to a kiting route.

I had him smash into one of the walls to gain maximum distance. Then I ran and used one Divine Steed Divine Steed (with Light's Barding Light's Barding conduit) to manage the turn without him hitting me. By the time he caught up, he would stand still to cast his Destructive Stomp Destructive Stomp. By the time I reached the new "dead end" I used Door of Shadows Door of Shadows to slip past him. It all ends up perfectly timed for him to use his charge when he finally got to me.

Thanks to kiting him, his enrage at low HP didn't do too much to me, it is "only" 20% damage and attack speed, but this type of buff had no effect on the falling debris from Collapsing Foundation Collapsing Foundation, since the damage doesn't come from Sludgefist.

I started out with a kiting build (3 and 5% movement speed gems, aswell as 10% enchant for low level boots) but Sludgefist is slow enough so I didn't really need it. I went with a tanky build to survive the constant damage taken instead.

Light's Barding is really important as a conduit, so isEchoing Blessings Echoing Blessings. These help you out with your movement speed!

Important talents are Blessed Hammer Blessed Hammer, aswell as Cavalier Cavalier.

I used the The Magistrate's Judgment The Magistrate's Judgment legendary for survival, I did consider Uther's Devotion Uther's Devotion (more freedom uptime) or Reign of Endless Kings Reign of Endless Kings but the Judgment one is most reliable.

Try to avoid the puddles on the floor, since they slow you by 25%

About tanks: with the recent 10% dmg reduction buff not being applied to PvP, most tanks currently take 66% more damage in PvP combat compared to PvE (since they also have an aura increasing their dmg taken by 50% against enemy players). This was updated to 50% back in BFA when versatility levels were skyhigh and tanks survivability was much greater. With this not being altered for Shadowlands, most tanks feel really bad to play in PvP, especially prot warriors that get blown up by magic dmg. However even prot palas doesn't feel like tanks anymore, they play more like a healer... Hopefully this will be changed sometime soon... Hope you all enjoyed the solo, and stay tuned for more!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      Today's hotfixes are still very Plunderstorm-heavy, but we do get fixes for more achievement-related mount issues and PvP catch-up, in addition to the limited time event's adjustments.
      March 27 (Source)
      Achievements
      Fixed bugs causing mounts related to A World Awoken to be unavailable, including Bestowed Ottuk Vanguard, Bestowed Trawling Mammoth, Bestowed Thunderspine Packleader, Bestowed Sandskimmer, Bestowed Ohuna Spotter, Coralscale Salamanther, Stormtouched Bruffalon, and Taivan. Player versus Player
      Fixed an issue that prevented Splintered Sparks of Dreams from dropping from PvP sources while eligible for catch-up. Plunderstorm
      The Storm’s fury swells! Lightning strikes during the final stage of the Storm are faster and more dangerous than before. There is now a delay of 20 seconds after being revived where players no longer drop collected Plunder. Additional enemies now spawn at Witherbark Village, the wild area northeast of Go’Shek Farm, and the wild area between Witherbark Village and Boulderfist Hall. Fixed an issue where swapping back to default sword and gun appearances were not saving correctly. Fixed an issue so that now, picking up an additional rank 2 spell while the same rank 2 spell is equipped properly grants the rank 4 version of the spell. The Captain’s Orders quest “X Marks the Spot” now requires 1 item to be picked up (was 2 items).
    • By Staff
      Well that didn't take long! We found out someone had broken the 700,000 Plunder milestone yesterday evening, and we're already done with the full amount now! Soularpower_ managed to grind it out a couple of hours ago in duos, and grabbed the Plunderkind achievement, so huge congratulations! It's been a week and a day since the event was released, and despite there being plenty of Plunder drop buffs since then it's still great to see someone get it all done already. 

Unsurprisingly, the first thing Soularpower_ after reaching that goal was... play more Plunderstorm! He's actually still at it if now you want to check the stream out. 
    • By Starym
      Here's our first post-patch look at the Mythic+ log rankings. While the patch didn't really touch any of the DPS or tank specs, there's still some movement there, especially in the raw DPS chart. Healers got some solid changes in the patch, and the definitely had an effect.
      Warcraft Logs Points
      The below logs are based on POINTS, and not actual damage or healing, meaning they log the timed completion for the specs, with higher keys getting more points, obviously. The time in which the dungeon is completed is also a factor, but a much, much smaller one, as it grants very few points if you do it significantly faster than just any in-time completion. We're also using the Normalized Aggregate Scores numbers, for clarity, meaning the top spec is marked as 100 and then the rest are ranked in relation to that peak point.
      All Keys
      95th percentile DPS
      The top percentiles are extremely stable, which makes sense since the patch didn't really bring any significant changes for DPS specs. We have to go down to number 7 to see the first bit of movement, as Destruction moves two up, leaving its fellow Warlock down in 9th, as Arms gets between them, gaining 3 spots. Havoc closes out the top 10 three down, and right behind it we find the newly buffed Elemental moving three up. While Augmentation is being properly calculated, we still find an Evoker in the bottom 3, as Devastation drops one down and takes Marksmanship's place.

Mythic+ All Keys 95th Percentile Data by Warcraft Logs.
      All Percentiles
      It took Shadow a little longer to get into the top in the generalist bracket, as we find it in 3rd now, pushing Outlaw down one. Balance also moves up, 2 spots into 6th, as it and Arms take advantage of Havoc's fall. The Demon Hunter finds itself 3 down in 9th, while Fury remains stable at the very end of the top 10.

Mythic+ All Keys All Percentile Data by Warcraft Logs.
      Raw DPS U.GG DPS Rankings
      U.gg's rankings are based on actual DPS taken from Warcraft Logs data, focusing on the top players and span the past two weeks.
      While Outlaw remains at the top, pretty much everything's changing beneath it. Shadow and Retribution joined forces and moved two up together, breaking into the top 3. Fire is also on the rise, gaining 3 spots, and right behind it we find another big leaper, as Arms moves a whopping 5 spots up.
      Mythic+ All Keystone DPS rankings by u.gg.

All Percentiles Tank (Points)
      There's actually some solid movement here, as we see Paladin take 2nd away from DK and Druid take Monk down, with Warrior remaining in last place and DH being far ahead of the pack.
      Healer (Points)
      Healers had some significant changes with the patch, but it hasn't stopped Monk from remaining at the top. Druid moves into 2nd, taking Discipline Priest down a peg, and it seems the Holy Priest patch reworks helped it out, as it gains a spot in 4th.

For even more in-depth data for each individual key head on over to Warcraft Logs and u.gg. And if you're interested in more info on the specs themselves you can always check out our class guides, as well as our Mythic+ guides and Mythic+ tier list.
    • By Staff
      In Dragonflight Season 4, Awakened/Fated raids will be on a weekly rotation.
      Upon accessing the Adventure Guide and navigating to the Raids section, you'll notice a green gem icon beside the raid that's Awakened for the current week.

When a raid is Awakened, bosses are more powerful and loot drops are upgraded to a higher item level. The upcoming season revisits the Fated system introduced in Shadowlands Season 4.
    • By Staff
      We've already taken a look at all the items coming to the Trading Post next month, as the Season 4 PTR revealed them, but now let's see them in movement as well! MrGM has detailed everything coming in April, from the awesome Dreadwake mount to a pretty cool polearm, some new capes, and all the other pirate-themed items. Let's take a look. 

If you'd rather just scroll through some images, you can head on to our original post here.