Castle Nathria Raid Guides in Shadowlands
The story of Castle Nathria revolves around Revendreth and its inhabitants. At first, you help Sire Denathrius and his underlings as you quest through the zone, but later, you find out which side you have been fighting on. You learn from The Accuser that Sire Denathrius is responsible for the Anima drought that plagues the zone, feeding souls directly to the Maw.
Entrance to Castle Nathria
The Vampire-themed raid is located in Revendreth. It is the biggest castle in the zone, visible from a distance with a gargoyle on top.
The exact location of the raid entrance is depicted on the map below.
The raid opens two weeks after Shadowlands release alongside the new Mythic Season and PvP Season 1 on November 23, 2020.
Here is the full unlock schedule of the raid.
- December 8: Normal and Heroic difficulties;
- December 15: Mythic difficulty and Raid Finder Wing 1;
- January 5: Raid Finder Wing 2;
- January 19: Raid Finder Wing 3;
- February 2: Raid Finder Wing 4.
Boss Guides by Ready Check Pull
Below, you will find our encounter guides for Castle Nathria, written by Ready Check Pull, the popular Youtube channel for boss strategies.
Note that the order is only according to the dungeon journal and does not represent a killing order. Boss order is outlined in the next section.
- Shriekwing guide
- Huntsman Altimor guide
- Hungering Destroyer guide
- Artificer Xy'Mox guide
- Sun King's Salvation guide
- Lady Inerva Darkvein guide
- The Council of Blood guide
- Sludgefist guide
- Stone Legion Generals guide
- Sire Denathrius guide
After defeating the first boss Shriekwing, you can choose to either clear Catacombs Wing with Huntsman Altimor, Hungering Destroyer, and Lady Inerva Darkvein, or go to the Royal Quarters Wing and defeat Sun King's Salvation, Artificer Xy'Mox, and The Council of Blood. Both wings must be cleared before the Upper Spire with Sludgefist, Stone Legion Generals, and Sire Denathrius becomes available. Note that you will fight Sludgefist in the same room as Shriekwing.
If you kill Sludgefist four times and collect four Sludgefist's Head for the Castle Nathria: Getting A Head quest on any difficulty, you will unlock a raid skip that allows you to skip directly to Sludgefist by talking to General Draven at the entrance of the Huntsman Altimor wing.
The Great Vault
The Shadowlands Weekly Chest requires you to defeat a certain number of Castle Nathria bosses to receive items in the Raids category. You can read more information about the Great Vault in our detailed guide.
The following sections cover loot that you can get in the first raid of the Shadowlands expansion.
Here are the item levels of rewards from the Castle Nathria raid. The final two bosses drop better loot than the rest.
- Raid Finder Difficulty: Item Level 187-194;
- Normal Difficulty: Item Level 200-207;
- Heroic Difficulty: Item Level 213-220;
- Mythic Difficulty: Item Level 226-233.
Legendary Power recipes are guaranteed to drop from the bosses. You can find more details in our Legendary Powers guide.
Many Conduits drop in Castle Nathria, but we are not listing them, so that this page does not feel cluttered. The same Conduits can be acquired from virtually all the sources in Shadowlands. For more information, check out our Conduits guide.
Certain bosses in the raid drop tokens that you can turn in for weapons, shields, and off-hands at your Covenant Sanctum. You can find them on a separate page.
Scribes will be able to create Vantus Rune: Castle Nathria in Shadowlands, which increases Versatility by 100 against a certain boss in the raid tier. The effect lasts for a whole week.
Class Advice for Castle Nathria Bosses
For each class, we provide boss by boss advice, complete with actual tips, but also recommendations for talents and Legendary Powers.
- 15 Mar. 2021: Raid skip added.
- 03 Dec. 2020: Order of some sections has changed.
- 02 Nov. 2020: Unlock schedule updated.
- 03 Oct. 2020: Unlock schedule changes due to delay.
- 16 Sep. 2020: Loot item level added.
- 28 Aug. 2020: Added raid unlock schedule.
- 23 Aug. 2020: Added Great Vault mention.
- 02 Aug. 2020: Added Glory of Nathria Raider mount.
- 16 Jun. 2020: Added Altimor the Huntsman.
- 09 May 2020: Removed time-sensitive info from the intro.
- 07 May 2020: Guide added.
- The Lowest Mythic Wipe in WoW History?
- Patch 9.1 Raid Testing Schedule: April 22nd
- The Reddit Singularity: Deathwing As Both Mount and Player Housing
- Fire Mage in Patch 9.1: An Initial PTR Spec Overview
- New Leadership for Overwatch After Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard
- Torghast, Sanctum of Domination Loot Item Level
- When Will Daisy the Sloth Become Available?
- New Text-to-Speech Accessibility Option Coming in Patch 9.1