Castle Nathria Raid Guides in Shadowlands
Castle Nathria is the first raid of the Shadowlands expansion that opens on November 10. It houses 10 bosses with Sire Denathrius as the final boss.
The story of Castle Nathria revolves around Revendreth and its inhabitants. At first, you help Sire Denathrius and his underlings as you quest through the zone, but later, you find out which side you have been fighting on. You learn from The Accuser that Sire Denathrius is responsible for the Anima drought that plagues the zone, feeding souls directly to the Maw.
Entrance to Castle Nathria
The Vampire-themed raid is located in Revendreth. It is the biggest castle in the zone, visible from a distance with a gargoyle on top.
The exact location of the raid entrance is depicted on the map below./p>
The raid opens two weeks after Shadowlands release alongside the new Mythic Season and PvP Season 1.
- November 10: Normal and Heroic difficulties;
- November 17: Mythic difficulty and Raid Finder Wing 1;
- December 1: Raid Finder Wing 2;
- December 15: Raid Finder Wing 3;
- January 5: Raid Finder Wing 4.
Note that the order of the guides below is only according to the dungeon journal and does not represent a killing order.
- Shriekwing guide
- Huntsman Altimor guide
- Hungering Destroyer guide
- Artificer Xy'Mox guide
- Sun King's Salvation guide
- Lady Inerva Darkvein guide
- The Council of Blood guide
- Sludgefist guide
- Stone Legion Generals guide
- Sire Denathrius guide
The Great Vault
The Shadowlands Weekly Chest requires you to defeat a certain number of Castle Nathria bosses to receive items in the Raids category. You can read more information about the Great Vault in our detailed guide.
Here are the item levels of rewards from the Castle Nathria raid. The final two bosses drop better loot than the rest.
- Raid Finder Difficulty: Item Level 187-194;
- Normal Difficulty: Item Level 200-207;
- Heroic Difficulty: Item Level 213-220;
- Mythic Difficulty: Item Level 226-233.
After defeating the first boss Shriekwing, you can choose to either clear Catacombs Wing with Huntsman Altimor, Hungering Destroyer, and Lady Inerva Darkvein, or go to the Royal Quarters Wing and defeat Sun King's Salvation, Artificer Xy'Mox, and The Council of Blood. Both wings must be cleared before the Upper Spire with Sludgefist, Stone Legion Generals, and Sire Denathrius becomes available. Note that you will fight Sludgefist in the same room as Shriekwing.
Scribes will be able to create Vantus Rune: Castle Nathria in Shadowlands, which increases Versatility by 40 against a certain boss in the raid tier. The effect lasts for a whole week.
- 16 Sep. 2020: Loot item level added.
- 28 Aug. 2020: Added raid unlock schedule.
- 23 Aug. 2020: Added Great Vault mention.
- 02 Aug. 2020: Added Glory of Nathria Raider mount.
- 16 Jun. 2020: Added Altimor the Huntsman.
- 09 May 2020: Removed time-sensitive info from the intro.
- 07 May 2020: Guide added.
- Hunter Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Shaman Shadowlands Beta Class Changes for September 23rd
- Warlock Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Mage Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Death Knight Shadowlands Beta Class Changes for September 23rd
- Warrior Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Demon Hunter Covenant Ability Tuning: September 23rd
- Significant Monk Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd