FORUMS
Vlad

Enchantress Follower Guide

Hey there! The Enchantress is not missing an off-hand, she can’t wield any. She can use a 2-handed weapon or a 1-handed one, but cannot slot an offhand in the latter case.

2 hours ago, Guest lolgutted said:

Is she supposed to have tal rashas on the torso?

Tal Rasha's chest armor always rolled with Attack Speed Increase stat, and it is the best chest for our follower if we plan to use Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker or similar items.

What is the target damage number in the inventory screen for a speed farm Enchantress?  Switching out my best yellows for the recommended build takes me from about 400k down to 250k, is that normal for no ancients?

What makes an IAS helm preferable over Blind Faith or Leoric's? Ditto witching hour over Sherma or Ears. Does her aura let her squeak out an extra APS over the Templar with those items?

Damage on the follower is all but irrelevant, make sure to equip the correct (recommended) items with good rolls like IAS and Toughness.

IAS helm choices are desired to hasten the spread of Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the WindseekerThunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker 's legendary effect, which is essentially a free proc for the substantial damage boost of Bane of the TrappedBane of the Trapped . Hard CC effects like Blind FaithBlind Faith also have potential, but note that they are not as desirable on the follower, as you exert no control over them and their frequency, and monsters grow immune to crowd control effects over time. Ideally, you want to be strategic with their application.

Correct on both accounts, though I'd stack attack speed on the relevant Scoundrel items anyway, in case I decide to alter to a CC setup at some point (and investing in it has no drawbacks).

Guest Peldin

I just wanted to make a couple quick suggestions regarding sockets and gems.
The suggested builds for enchantress all suggest ruby in the helm and topaz in everything that has a socket, except for the weapon doesn't have a suggestion. I would suggest Gem of Ease in the weapon (a little more experience) and I would suggest Esoteric Alteration and Mutilation Guard in the rings. The latter two legendary gems are mentioned in the guide, but in the gear setup, Topazes are suggested in the jewelry.

Hope that helps. The same probably needs to be done for the Scoundrel guide as well.

-Peldin

My earlier suggestion of Gem of Ease in the weapon was a bad suggestion at the time of this post. The bonus experience from Gem of Ease does not currently affect your Bonus Experience per Kill (bug report already submitted here)

I do have two other suggestions I would like to make for the purposes of min/maxing your enchantress.

1) Under section 3.2 for normal rifts and bounties... Sage's Ribbon cannot roll attack speed. The best primary stats would be Intelligence, Vitality, Armor and Life% (all resist isn't that great since hers is really high from intelligence already).

2) I would highly suggest that the secondary stat, "Monster kills grant XXX experience" be the second most important stat after intelligence except for attack speed on the appropriate slots (although attack speed isn't very useful for speed runs). This should apply to all 3 sections of this guide. For Section 3.2, normal rifts and bounties, the third most important stat should be "XX extra gold from monsters." The extra gold becomes increasingly important for having the money to empower greater rifts to level up legendary gems.

Edited by Peldin

By Hellfire Ring of Intelligence, do you mean the vanilla one or the Hellfire ring rolled to have intelligence on it? I may be mistaken but the materials for the vanilla ring of intelligence as named no long drop.

Edited because I messed up the item links.

Edited by BattyKoda

That's the one I went with. Thanks!

I have been watching other gear for the effects that they list off to the side. I was surprised at how few things have attack speed on them. My enchantress is not even close to the guide and she can wreck lower torments by herself. Too bad I can't send her to power level people.

Yeah, always remember - the guides here are written for "squeezing out the last few drops" - the difference between GR 150 and 151 solo, or whatever people are up to these days. Some skills and options that are absolutely great for GR 70-100 will lose power or usefulness at the absolute top. No matter how good you gear your Enchantress, with an immortality relic she will be one-hit in GR 150. At GR 80,she doesn't need it anymore after the 2.7 upgrade, and the "all skills" one may be more useful. Etc etc. 

i also don't get the recommendation for pig sticker. i want high attack speed, yes, but i need the high attack speed so that thunder fury procs more often for it's soft CC effects. what good is high attack speed on the enchantress if she has no worthwhile equipment to proc off it? don't say to proc goldskin or i'll poke you with my pig sticker. 😛

In season 26 it’s very easy to get jewels to augment follower gear, so we have the opportunity to beef up the toughness of our mercenaries and use the non-immortality tokens.

For Kormac and Lyndon augmenting their gear with intelligence is the obvious option, but what about Eirena? Strength of Dexterity to boost her Armor stat, or go with Vitality to boost her Health?

We’re not sure if Echoing Nightmares and easy augmenting are her to stay or if it’s just for season 26, but it would be greatly appreciated if you guys could add augmenting suggestions to boost follower survivability to your guides.

Edited by Gilthas

Cheers for the suggestion! As for the augmentation of Enchantress gear - Strength or Dexterity is the preferred form of augmentation, since you will get a lot more mileage from mitigation rolls on gear rather than straight Vitality boosting. Stacking health will just make it hard for life regeneration rolls to matter for recovery, and anything beyond a 7-8k sheet Vitality score on a follower is encroaching overkill territory.

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2021 at 6:18 AM, Peldin said:

1) Under section 3.2 for normal rifts and bounties... Sage's Ribbon cannot roll attack speed. The best primary stats would be Intelligence, Vitality, Armor and Life% (all resist isn't that great since hers is really high from intelligence already).

Wanted to point out that this error is still in the guide.

Guest Darrell

Your build dors not cover what items for the cube. What do you suggest?

On 7/14/2023 at 3:32 PM, Guest Darrell said:

Your build dors not cover what items for the cube. What do you suggest?

Because this is a follower guide, not a build guide. Followers can't use the Cube.