FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Affliction Tips & Quirks

Good guide, I would add 2 things: coe is a debuff on boss not a buff on the caster, so it can be applied later (like haunt) so you can SB before the encounter Starts, and start with 4 soulshards thanks to harverst life.

and the rotation, below 20% the dots should be refreshed only with sb:sw (you have unlimited shards, channeling drain soul)

and the rotation, below 20% the dots should be refreshed only with sb:sw (you have unlimited shards, channeling drain soul)

This is mentioned.

Glyph of UA provides no PvE benefit whatsoever. Healthstone, Soul Consumption, and Siphon Life are my go-to for Affliction while I take Demon Training, Siphon Life, and Healthstone as Demonology. Other viable swap-ins are Soulstone as I'm often called upon to battle-res when healers are occupied.

The Glyph of Unstable Affliction was to buff Affliction in PvP to give interruptors a more narrow window to interrupt. WIth the Haste scaling in 5.2, UA will be under the 1.0 global without this glyph, so using it is essentially a waste.

I did 7 bosses yesterday and switched between meta and affliction for bosses. If you have any questions about them ask. I should finish clearing the rest of the instance tonight.

At what point would you break your T14 4 piece bonus? Right now I have 2X normal (Gloves/Pants are upgraded) and 2 LFR (not upgraded)

Would it be wise to break it ASAP with a 522?

Break 4pc with the next 4pc unless its like a 483 to 522. Go ahead and break the 4pc for a 2pc, but never before a new set bonus. T14 4pc bonus is insanely good.

Zagam bro, sorry my english. http://eu.battle.net/wow/ru/character/свежеватель-душ/Саливей/advanced I have terribly many questions I do not even know where to start ... here is my lock. I'm always on the doll, and test DPS, yesterday I gave a Grimoire for the pool in the doll 145k, prepot, racial bonus, and black soul .... sometimes it turns 120 only what is the reason? Please see what I can change to increase dps? Tell me how to open afli please his version

Zagam bro, sorry my english. http://eu.battle.net...аливей/advanced I have terribly many questions I do not even know where to start ... here is my lock. I'm always on the doll, and test DPS, yesterday I gave a Grimoire for the pool in the doll 145k, prepot, racial bonus, and black soul .... sometimes it turns 120 only what is the reason? Please see what I can change to increase dps? Tell me how to open afli please his version

Megafon,

I tried to look at your armory, but I do not speak Russian. The best thing I can suggest is download the addon called "affdots" This is a very simple, light-weight add on that will help you dps better.

• Like 1

Here is my lock:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/duskwood/Khoda/simple

I follow the typical strats except I'm forging all mastery and not really focusing on haste.

Locks with lower ilvl's are beating me in dps as well as mages. What can I be doing wrong? I sit at 75k dps for some fights while others are at 95k and 100k. I have affdots, which helped a lot at first, but I'm still lower....I've talked with other guildies etc. and no one can seem to figure it out. It must be my play, but I don't see any difference between me and the others, how do I link a fights stats like the uptimes and all that?

I read some pages and it seems maybe I'm not using haunt correctly, but I don't seem to keep up enough ss to use it any more than I do now. Nightfall proc is from corruption? Maybe there are more addons that could help that and my dps?

Simply put, I need help. ha ha.

Here is my lock:

http://us.battle.net...od/Khoda/simple

I follow the typical strats except I'm forging all mastery and not really focusing on haste.

Locks with lower ilvl's are beating me in dps as well as mages. What can I be doing wrong? I sit at 75k dps for some fights while others are at 95k and 100k. I have affdots, which helped a lot at first, but I'm still lower....I've talked with other guildies etc. and no one can seem to figure it out. It must be my play, but I don't see any difference between me and the others, how do I link a fights stats like the uptimes and all that?

I read some pages and it seems maybe I'm not using haunt correctly, but I don't seem to keep up enough ss to use it any more than I do now. Nightfall proc is from corruption? Maybe there are more addons that could help that and my dps?

As far as playstyle is concerned, Zagam has a fantastic write up (conveniently) on the first page of this thread. =)

Read it all and understand it as much as possible.

Otherwise, it looks like you are 1.27% over the hit cap, which is a waste. You also seem to have skipped getting the Relic of Yu'lon. That's a pretty big trinket, or at least it was the entire last tier. You should focus on saving some valor for the new Shado-Pan Assault trinket for when you hit friendly with them.

Edited by Omaric

Here is my lock:

http://us.battle.net...od/Khoda/simple

Would a mechanic be able to figure out what's wrong with a car engine by looking at the car from 50 feet away? Would he not need to look under the hood or inspect the actual engine? If you're following my guide protocols and under-performing, we would need to look at your performance, not your car. Post logs of meaningful fights (not LFR) and we can divulge things there.

Zagam bro, sorry my english. http://eu.battle.net...аливей/advanced I have terribly many questions I do not even know where to start ... here is my lock. I'm always on the doll, and test DPS, yesterday I gave a Grimoire for the pool in the doll 145k, prepot, racial bonus, and black soul .... sometimes it turns 120 only what is the reason? Please see what I can change to increase dps? Tell me how to open afli please his version

Hey Megafon,

I asked Zagam a couple months back about an opener and he gave a good breakdown for it. Here is the link http://www.icy-veins..._260#entry14707

Aside from that, reading through this thread is a great resource, even though there are a lot of pages.

If you want specifics, these guys are going to need logs of your fights. Worldoflogs

Best of luck!

Edited by Cruzan
  • Like 1

Hey Megafon,

I asked Zagam a couple months back about an opener and he gave a good breakdown for it. Here is the link http://www.icy-veins..._260#entry14707

Aside from that, reading through this thread is a great resource, even though there are a lot of pages.

If you want specifics, these guys are going to need logs of your fights. Worldoflogs

Best of luck!

thanks man!

You can...the problem is you'd be wasting uptime with Haunt if you weren't amazing at popping a potion, Dark Soul, and SB:SS all within the time it took for Haunt to land. This provides good burst, but I prefer to save my Haunt until after I have my DoTs applied and Agony to a 10 stack.

Yeah, I have that coming out around a 6.25% nerf...I'm not playing Affliction, so someone providing me a log from last week will let me calculate a more reasonable estimate (be around 505 ilvl if possible).

I already did that in a different thread. Came out to be about a 5% DPS loss for Demonology via a singular Demonology single-target log.

Just a quick question. Are you looking to get 6637 Haste with or without Haste buff?

The 6637 cap assumes a haste buff, yes.

The 6637 cap assumes a haste buff, yes.

Was just making sure I could leave it a little lower than that, and just achieve it through Haste buff. Thanks!