FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Oreoxd

Paladin Sandbox

Luckily, my druids tanking ilevel is 505, so I can use that to farm JP.

Edited by Nuadria

On a secondary side note. I've started leveling a prot warrior, and its tons of fun. I'm losing my paladin ways!

Nooooooooo ...

But experience has shown that leveling a new alt is much more fun than gearing up for end content wink.png

• Like 2

WoD means I can go back to Pally tanking.  But that does NOT mean I am giving up my Warrior.

SH is awesome and easy raidheal spam.  For now.  I just started, and 6.0.2 is coming, so I'm sure it probably isn't as cool now.

Just cleared 10m heroic immerseus in a PuG  tanking with my warrior friend. Managed to get the only item I needed, rolled 35 on bracers beating out a DK who rolled 34 XD. We managed to get it down after 6 wipes with half the group not having done hc before, pretty coo :).

When I first tried proving grounds, I barely got silver with holy, and I think I'm a pretty great holy paladin.

So, tonight was about the most fun I've ever had.  The group I raid with decided that today we we're going to do heroic SoO (we're all mid 560's, 8 of us) starting with Immersius.  Well, Immersius didn't go so well, and the two PuGs left almost right after the first wipe.  After that, we switched back to normal and decided we'd wait til Norushen to do Heroic, since someone had heard that Norushen is the easiest boss in heroic.  So we 8 manned Immersius and Fallen Protectors, got to Norushen, ans switched back to heroic and grabbed 2 more PuGs.  The night ended with a 12% wipe on Norushen, and considering the only people that had any heroic experience were the PuGs, I'm pretty happy.

Very nice! 12% is pretty solid.. at that point it's just a race against the clock. Be sure to have all your CD's up at that point and pew pew.

Paladin  Brothha's! Names Nick -23, Purchased wow.... 2 yrs ago But didn't care to play until this past winter. only started  raiding 3 months ago. No real feats of strength aside of N Garrosh. Working on H Malk- Should have it Monday / cross fingers lol

Played Ret up until a month ago when our main tank dropped out an I was asked to step in. Never tanked before or even looked at prot spec.  Needless to say its been an interesting experience learning a new spec n role through H progression. Definitely struggle with dps as prot and sometimes holding aggro. But it will come in time.

Too many people dislike pallys and have such negative thoughts about them. So I made it a personal goal to beat as many tops dps classes as possible. Mainly Warlocks lol  and im proud to say  when I was ret I was beating our 2 locks almost every raid.Stupid locks....

At one point wow progress was saying I ranked 32 on hyjal. But that was a little bit ago. So that was neat lol

Litle nervous for WoD as they are taking away GoAk, Devo etc. I see it being another thing for people not like us or want us in group. Pally's are fairly gear dependent so I'm hoping  we can contend with other classes throughout  leveling and early raid content.

Off topic- Any suggestion for a ret in arenas? Reached 1550 the other day and trying for 1800. Any suggestion on stats , gemming  strats etc would be greatly apprecciated

Cheers!

• Like 2

Due to the changes in stats swapping between specs in WoD, it will mean that I can both tank in raids, as well as heal in raids, and only maintain one set of gear. Considering the patch that comes out today, will it effect restoration druid/discipline priest raid tier set bonuses? After the class changes when the patch goes into effect, will it still be worth to play a Disc priest, or should I switch to holy priest?

Edited by Nuadria
  • Like 1

Due to the changes in stats swapping between specs in WoD, it will mean that I can both tank in raids, as well as heal in raids, and only maintain one set of gear. Considering the patch that comes out today, will it effect restoration druid/discipline priest raid tier set bonuses? After the class changes when the patch goes into effect, will it still be worth to play a Disc priest, or should I switch to holy priest?

I'm unsure since I do not play either of those classes. May want to drop a line on the other forums since it may be a hot topic amongst them.

• Like 1

I'm happy to say that after testing my Disc priest in the new 25m difficulty(old flex 540 ilevel), I was able to get the inv_offhand_1h_orgrimmarraid_d_02.jpgPurehearted Cricket Cage for my Disc priest after attempting to get it for 2 months in old 10n, lfr, and flex difficulty. Not only that, but my healing seems to be much more effective now, that it ever was before the nerf. I killed first two bosses in SoO, and they seemed to go down quicker than in the old flex difficulty, even though we only had 21 people.

• Like 2

Really not happy with how ret felt last night. What are everyone else's feelings so far?

Dps for every class and damage spec is going to be weird for 1-2 months until it gets completely sorted out. In the raid I ran on patch day, though, the dps felt lacking.

Edit: As far as the new patch 6.0.2 is concerned, does anyone know if the ability to switch specs(Like from protection paladin to holy paladin) has the stats swap with it, or is that function being released when WoD releases?

Edited by Nuadria

The stats are scaled down, but otherwise the same. To be honest, it feels easier to manage this way than before. It's nice not having to be OCD about my raid frames while healing on my druid or Disc priest, because before the nerf someone could take a single hit that would reduce their hp by 60-90%, so it is nice to not have such large damage spikes. Also, what is the currency for upgrading gear/weapons since patch 6.0.2 hit? Is it inv_misc_coin_18.jpgLesser Charm of Good Fortune? I have not been able to confirm this yet, but if this is correct, then that means I can max out the gear for my healers that is flex/10n difficulty gear(540, 553). Since I was previously unable to max out my valor each week, this could prove to be much more useful to me, since my priest has 700+ charms, and my druid has 1k+.

Edit: inv_misc_coin_18.jpgLesser Charm of Good Fortune is the new upgrade currency, currently, to upgrade armor/trinkets/weapons. It also only costs 50 charms per upgrade, so I'll be able to max my 553 gloves/ordos warforged helmet when I get on my druid this weekend. Does anyone know if swapping specs swaps the gear stats with it? I've been unable to test this yet.

Edited by Nuadria

Well I know for sure it's not the same, due to how stats are set up for 100 a lot of classes and specs are doing much better, just look at the logs, fire mages top a lot of fights, including fallen protectors.

• Like 1

Well I know for sure it's not the same, due to how stats are set up for 100 a lot of classes and specs are doing much better, just look at the logs, fire mages top a lot of fights, including fallen protectors.

I'm glad to see fire mages returning, since frost used to be the high mage dps.

Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to see how the bosses in SoO were undertuned. As a sidenote, I noticed in another post that Siegecrafter was buffed up, making the fight even more annoying. Does anyone have any tips for doing siegecrafter on the new difficulties, excluding LFR?

Edited by Nuadria

I heard there was a 30% shadowed nerf to the bosses HP. Most guilds are stating the bosses seem easier due to this nerf.

• Like 2

I heard there was a 30% shadowed nerf to the bosses HP. Most guilds are stating the bosses seem easier due to this nerf.

Yeah, last night the bosses melted so fast it was funny.  Even with half the raid's DBM not working, we still got decent kill times and mechanics weren't a problem with vent.