Jump to content
FORUMS
Damien

Ethereal Farming

Recommended Posts

This thread is for comments about our Ethereal Farming guide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Repoman3104
On 7/20/2021 at 3:46 PM, Damien said:

This thread is for comments about our Ethereal Farming guide

This doesn't work on console, does it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Autarch

I really hate to break it to you, but there's major flaws in the "lowest level to farm it" part. I see people posting level 6-8 ethereals, and thus level 12 is NOT the lowest level they can drop on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2021 at 11:06 AM, Guest Autarch said:

I really hate to break it to you, but there's major flaws in the "lowest level to farm it" part. I see people posting level 6-8 ethereals, and thus level 12 is NOT the lowest level they can drop on.

Wizard class, I had at L8 the ethereal staff drop. Didn't see another until Para 85.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind that the level 12 recommendation is meant as a meeting point of Ethereal drop chance and the way the loot tables are populated. Either way, you can choose to ignore the level 12 recommendation at your discretion, but the principle remains the same - using a low-level character to snapshot the game at a low level, and abusing the smaller loot pools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Gimpy

Have tried this 3 times and out of the whole party, there were 3..... can't call this a farming method when you get more doing rifts with a main

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Dr3amt

Great guide. 

I got my first Etheral at lvl 6 as a Monk tho so idk about lvl 12 being the lowest lvl to obtain these.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Sharendil
On 7/24/2021 at 6:06 PM, Guest Autarch said:

I really hate to break it to you, but there's major flaws in the "lowest level to farm it" part. I see people posting level 6-8 ethereals, and thus level 12 is NOT the lowest level they can drop on.

Drop my first at lvl 8 so yeah definitly not lvl 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got 3 ethereals at low levels and now when I need one (champion) nothing is dropping.. not one item.  Everyone else seems to have high level grandfathers and I keep searching and zilch. People have completed the achievement and this hateful game refuses to drop anymore.  Any ideas where to search?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Gaawa

Wait, I'm confused... why level a second character to level 16?  What's the point in doing that?  Did I miss something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guest Gaawa said:

Wait, I'm confused... why level a second character to level 16?  What's the point in doing that?  Did I miss something?

A game created by a L12 host, will use the L12 loot tables as long as other players joining are L8-L16. If a L70 joins, the loot tables will move up and the drops won't be from the L12 tables anymore. So no players over L16 should join.

L12 isn't the lowest possible level, it's just a level with the best ratio between legendary drop rate, ethereal drops, etc. This whole thing will technically work with a L11 character and a bunch of L15s joining too, or L21 and L25s joining, but in theory you'd get a slightly worse return.

Of course, here I am, nearly P500, speed running T16 rifts, and I've seen a grand total of 2 Ethereals (and those doubles). Joy of joys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Xiref

When I create a torment VI game as my level 12 character, and my friend brings their level 16 into the game, it changes the level at the top right to match the higher level instead of “taking a snapshot” like the post says.

So is this post just outright wrong? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Plinuckment
On 8/2/2021 at 1:58 PM, Guest Xiref said:

When I create a torment VI game as my level 12 character, and my friend brings their level 16 into the game, it changes the level at the top right to match the higher level instead of “taking a snapshot” like the post says.

So is this post just outright wrong? Or am I misunderstanding something?

This doesn't work on console. The level snapshotting only applies to PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Glitch

You can farm the Weapons easy with Levle 70 !! only the session level must be this low, let the lowie invite a high player then the lowie leave the grp an the session stayt at this level is the high player then invites any other player you can run with any char and geht the loot . sorry real bad english and way to long on ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Drognan

There's an even faster way too get all etherals for achievement. Maybe you want too add that too the guide. Do vaults on lvl 5, chest at boss will always drop 2 legendarys. On that lvl there's only leorics or eth weapons too drop. Took me like 4 hours too get all 21, puzzle Ring farming included. There are some nice YouTube vids explaining everything in detail. With how gambling chars lvl recommendation etc. Greetings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2021 at 1:20 AM, Bubble181 said:

A game created by a L12 host, will use the L12 loot tables as long as other players joining are L8-L16. If a L70 joins, the loot tables will move up and the drops won't be from the L12 tables anymore. So no players over L16 should join.

L12 isn't the lowest possible level, it's just a level with the best ratio between legendary drop rate, ethereal drops, etc. This whole thing will technically work with a L11 character and a bunch of L15s joining too, or L21 and L25s joining, but in theory you'd get a slightly worse return.

Of course, here I am, nearly P500, speed running T16 rifts, and I've seen a grand total of 2 Ethereals (and those doubles). Joy of joys.

The guide says a minimum of level 16 for the new characters.

Quote

Level them to no less, but ideally not above, Level 16. This is done because a 4 level difference between a "host" of a game and the invited companions keeps the game at the host's level.

Which means if you join at level 15, the loot snapshot from the host would be lost to the 15 and that character's subsequent levels.

This works in practice for my husband and I... he starts the game with a level 12. Invites my level 70. He drops out with the 12 and brings in his current farming character (he's been quite a bit more lucky than I have). The game status at the top right indicates it's still a level 12 T6 game, and the loot pool is notably small.

Edited by solitha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2021 at 9:31 PM, Guest Gaawa said:

Wait, I'm confused... why level a second character to level 16?  What's the point in doing that?  Did I miss something?

Quote

Level them to no less, but ideally not above, Level 16. This is done because a 4 level difference between a "host" of a game and the invited companions keeps the game at the host's level.

If you're too close to the "host's" level, like 12-15, it sounds like the "snapshot" will be broken and the game (and thus the loot pool) will increase with the farming character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a mainly-solo-player ,I will throw in one additional relatively fast way of obtaining the Ethereals. 

Create a level 5 character of whatever class you want to farm for. Equip a decent gem-of-ease-equipped L70 weapon (preferably with +vit roll so that it provides plenty of attack and defense), put the Illusionary Boots on or in the Cube.

Start a Torment 1 game, open a portal to the Vault, just stroll right through everything (hence the boots) and anything down to Greed and kill her. She's guaranteed to drop 2 legendaries, but at level 5, there's only one option; Leoric's Crown. Every trip will therefore get you one or two Ethereals for the class. Killing JUST Greed on L5 should bring you to about L8, so you can use the same character two or even three times. Once you go past level 11-12, the loot tables really open up so you'll just get some crappy legendaries down there. 

Obviously doing this for 6 classes (let's assume/hope you get the Ethereals for your main class by regular play) means you need at least 12 Puzzle Rings, but finding or gambling for those is much faster than pretty much any other way to grind the Ethereals and doesn't require any snapshotting, multiplayer, or hours spent playing classes/styles you may not like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Ranger

Leveled character from 1 to 70, then Paragon 368 before my first Ethereal dropped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Curious
On 8/19/2021 at 9:51 AM, Bubble181 said:

As a mainly-solo-player ,I will throw in one additional relatively fast way of obtaining the Ethereals. 

Create a level 5 character of whatever class you want to farm for. Equip a decent gem-of-ease-equipped L70 weapon (preferably with +vit roll so that it provides plenty of attack and defense), put the Illusionary Boots on or in the Cube.

Start a Torment 1 game, open a portal to the Vault, just stroll right through everything (hence the boots) and anything down to Greed and kill her. She's guaranteed to drop 2 legendaries, but at level 5, there's only one option; Leoric's Crown. Every trip will therefore get you one or two Ethereals for the class. Killing JUST Greed on L5 should bring you to about L8, so you can use the same character two or even three times. Once you go past level 11-12, the loot tables really open up so you'll just get some crappy legendaries down there. 

Obviously doing this for 6 classes (let's assume/hope you get the Ethereals for your main class by regular play) means you need at least 12 Puzzle Rings, but finding or gambling for those is much faster than pretty much any other way to grind the Ethereals and doesn't require any snapshotting, multiplayer, or hours spent playing classes/styles you may not like. 

Why on torment 1 and not normal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guest Curious said:

Why on torment 1 and not normal?

I'm not 100% (since I haven't tried) if she's guaranteed to drop 2 legendaries on Normal, too. If so, well, that would be even easier since killing her won't push your level up, and you could use the same toon over and over until you had all the Ethereals for that class.

I don't have such an abundance of Puzzle Rings that I can burn them on trying, but if someone feels like testing, feel free to report the findings 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Drakenor

Alright so the real best way to grind etherials is puzzle rings and level 5 solo, or a group of level 5's, i get 1-3 etherials each vault

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Random guest

There is a way faster way to farm ethereals, especially if you have some Puzzle Rings available: Level the char that needs etherals to level 5. Then start a T6 Game on the level 70 char that has the Puzzle Rings. Open and clear the vault with the level 70 char without the level 5 char joining. Join with the level 5 char only for the boss fight. Done. 2 legendaries are guaranteed, and there are only 2 (?) legendaries on the loot table on level 5, so the chance for ethereals is very high.

Best  way to get Puzzle Rings is banging bloodshards on a level 31 monk, apparently.

Source: Some internet video I am too lazy to look for at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, so I've been off on vacation for three weeks and...For the life of me I can't remember which ones I've already gotten and salvaged. As fart as I can find, there's no place to see (in the Conquests menu or whatever) which you already have collected, correct? 

I'm sure I have all the Barb ones and all the WD ones, and two or three of Monk and DH, but which ones...? Not sure at all. And it would sort of suck to have to recollect all of those on top of the ones i'm still missing.

Any idea where I could find them?

...Are they in the transmogrification list at the Mystic? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...