FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Torghast 5-Star Tip: First Floor Anima Power Reset and More Fishing

55646-the-twisting-corridors-torghast-ch

We're back here again with another Torghast tip (it's been a while), which will help you 5-star the higher layers (including layer 12, which has a pretty hefty suggested item level coming in at 252). This tip should save you quite a bit of time if you're going for those high-scores.

As noted by both MiekRussPls and CapnRamza, you can actually reset the first floor Anima power, but it will take a little bit of time. The floor 1 starting Anima powers reset once you clear the first floor, but they are also shared throughout ALL layers of the same wing. This means you can simply enter a low level layer (like, for example, and the only one that makes sense, layer 1), check out the floor 1 power, speed-clear the easy content to floor 2 and then exit. You repeat this process until you get a really good/run-defining one, exit the lower layer and head to the maximum one, with the same Anima power waiting for you there.

You don't necessarily have to go through the lower/higher layer combo, you can do all of this on just layer 12 as well, but it's quite a bit faster if you do run the easier ones while fishing for that perfect starting power. You can also take it one step further from here, once you have your good power all set up, you run your highest layer and if you don't get any more good powers during floor 1, you do not move on to 2, but instead just reset. Your pre-set floor 1 starting power will be waiting for you, and you can continue fishing for that awesome 2nd or 3rd combo, while you're still on floor 1! And once you get it, you're all set and simply continue through the tower.

Here's the more detailed explanation from CapnRamza:

• Like 1

If the system was changed to not make it easy to fish for a good first power... couldn't this be seen as an exploit? I'm not really certain.

If not, I wonder if individuals can fish on their own in a solo queue, then group up when each person has a good starter. Might have to try that.

4 hours ago, solitha said:

If the system was changed to not make it easy to fish for a good first power... couldn't this be seen as an exploit? I'm not really certain.

If not, I wonder if individuals can fish on their own in a solo queue, then group up when each person has a good starter. Might have to try that.

Would be impossible to know which power the other players get though? Since it's spec-specific? Also I don't think it's an exploit really, you are allowed to break off your run whenever you want and they decided to then reset the first floor power so... They may change that but I wouldn't call it anything near an exploit.

17 hours ago, Starym said:

Would be impossible to know which power the other players get though? Since it's spec-specific? Also I don't think it's an exploit really, you are allowed to break off your run whenever you want and they decided to then reset the first floor power so... They may change that but I wouldn't call it anything near an exploit.

I mean... that's easily communicated. I was thinking more along the lines of my husband and I who always run together, fishing separately, and would we have those powers we fished for solo, still there when we grouped up.

But nothing's stopping a player from fishing up a good power and then LFG along with mentioning they have a good initial power ready. Again, assuming it's the same when you group up.

As far as if it's an exploit... it depends on the intent behind the change. Previously you could just stick your nose in the door, take a peek, nope out and reset. Was that causing a server problem? If that's the issue, then this is fine; it throttles the load a bit and winnows out some people who don't care enough to do a low-level floor clear.

But if the issue is that Blizz really didn't want us fishing for an "optimal" starter power, then it becomes unintended behavior. Changing that first power is likely meant more to help people who are legitimately failing their runs. Of course you're allowed to quit a run whenever you want. But doing so specifically for this reason starts to sound like "creative use of game mechanics" which is euphemistic for exploitation.

Again, I'm far from certain... enough so that I'm considering doing this myself.

8 hours ago, solitha said:

I mean... that's easily communicated. I was thinking more along the lines of my husband and I who always run together, fishing separately, and would we have those powers we fished for solo, still there when we grouped up.

But nothing's stopping a player from fishing up a good power and then LFG along with mentioning they have a good initial power ready. Again, assuming it's the same when you group up.

As far as if it's an exploit... it depends on the intent behind the change. Previously you could just stick your nose in the door, take a peek, nope out and reset. Was that causing a server problem? If that's the issue, then this is fine; it throttles the load a bit and winnows out some people who don't care enough to do a low-level floor clear.

But if the issue is that Blizz really didn't want us fishing for an "optimal" starter power, then it becomes unintended behavior. Changing that first power is likely meant more to help people who are legitimately failing their runs. Of course you're allowed to quit a run whenever you want. But doing so specifically for this reason starts to sound like "creative use of game mechanics" which is euphemistic for exploitation.

Again, I'm far from certain... enough so that I'm considering doing this myself.

Actually I think the previous reset only worked for Twisting Corridors? I could be wrong, but I THINK regular Torghast had fixed power setups for the first floor?

On 7/22/2021 at 4:09 PM, Starym said:

Actually I think the previous reset only worked for Twisting Corridors? I could be wrong, but I THINK regular Torghast had fixed power setups for the first floor?

Ugh. Can't say; I've slept since then.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Staff
      Blizzard have announced Mythic+ testing that will run from now until Monday, October 10th, with two dungeons on the table: Ruby Life Pools and The Azure Vault, with the new Thundering Seasonal affix.
      M+ Testing (Source)
      Greetings!
      While development for Dragonflight Mythic+ is still ongoing, we wanted to give players a look at our progress and are currently planning a limited Mythic+ test this weekend.
      The test period will begin Friday Oct 7th at 16:00 PDT (19:00 EDT, 01:00 CEST), and end Monday October 10th at 16:00 PDT (19:00 EDT, 01:00 CEST). During this time, you’ll be able to test two dungeons on Mythic+ (Ruby Life Pools and The Azure Vault), along with a prototype Seasonal affix tentatively named “Thundering”. Note that this affix is still undergoing iteration and may change considerably from week to week.
      During the test period you’ll be able to acquire and customize Mythic Keystones by talking to the Keystone Vendor in Stormwind or Orgrimmar. We look forward to hearing your feedback!
      And if you’d like more information about the changes coming with Dragonflight Mythic+, you can check out this post on the Community Council forums 2 which contains details about difficulty and reward changes, thoughts on Seasonal affixes, and more!
    • By Staff
      Blizzard have shared a lot more tuning coming to the Season 1 class sets in the next Beta build, with 8 classes getting improvements.
      October 7 (Source)
      We’ll be making a number of tuning and functional changes to Class Set bonuses in the next beta build. These changes are influenced both by your responses and feedback, and by our goals for their tuning and complexity level. These changes make some of the narrower bonuses valuable in a wider variety of content and smooth out the benefits of others that could vary a lot in value based on talent choices.
      Druid
      Balance (2) Set Bonus: Damage bonus to Wrath or Starfire changed to 20% per stack (was 50%). (4) Set Bonus: Damage bonus to Starsurge or Starfall changed to 35% (was 50%). Feral (2) Set Bonus Ferocious Bite and Rip damage bonus increased to 6% (was 5%). NEW (4) Set Bonus: For each combo point spent, finishing moves increase your Rip, Rake, and Thrash damage by 2% and increase the chance for Shred, Rake, Swipe / Brutal Slash, and Thrash to Critically Strike by 2% for 4 seconds. Developers’ note: Changing the (4) Set Bonus to a more targeted effect. A lot of the value of the previous version was getting successive Ferocious Bites during Convoke & Berserk. This version puts passive power into your bleeds and adds more crit to your builders to generate more combo points at all times. Guardian NEW (2) Set Bonus: Using Mangle with Gore also deals 30% of damage dealt to nearby enemies, damage reduced beyond 5 targets. It also increases your damage done and reduces damage you take by 5% for 6 seconds. NEW (4) Set Bonus: Gore has a 5% increased chance to trigger. Using Mangle with Gore heals you for {0.5*AP} health over 6 seconds. Developers’ note: The previous version was low in power compared to other tank bonuses. This design make Mangle with Gore procs give consistent durability and damage, and gives Mangle an AOE component so it’s worth hitting over Swipe in AOE to maintain the buff. Restoration (4) Set Bonus Lifebloom power proc can now only proc once from each tick of Efflorescence, instead of once for each critically healed target. Increase to Lifebloom healing changed to 5% per stack (was 10%). Hunter
      Beast Mastery NEW (4) Set Bonus: Barbed Shot damage increased by 5% and Barbed Shot increases damage of your next Kill Command by 20%. Developers’ note: We heard you that focus was not a valuable reward in all scenarios so we changed this bonus to grant more damage to the abilities enhanced by the (2) Set Bonus. Marksmanship UPDATE (2) Set Bonus: Arcane Shot & Multi Shot critical hits cause your next Aimed Shot to cause targets hit to bleed for 40% of damage dealt over 6 seconds. (2) Set Bonus no longer reduces the casting time of Aimed Shot and bleed effect increased to 40% of Aimed Shot damage (was 20%). (4) Set Bonus increase chance for ranged auto-attacks to trigger effect to 15% (was 10%). Developers’ note: We removed the Aimed Shot cast time reduction from the (2) Set Bonus because Aimed Shots were becoming uncomfortably short during Trueshot. Survival (2) Set Bonus damage bonus increased to 15% (was 10%). UPDATE (4) Set Bonus: Raptor Strike / Mongoose Bite, Carve, and Butchery have a 20% chance to make your next Raptor Strike / Mongoose Bite, Carve, or Butchery cost no Focus and deal 50% increased damage. (4) Set Bonus chance to make Raptor Strike / Mongoose Bite, Carve, or Butchery cost no Focus increased to 20% (was 10%) and free abilities now also deal 50% increased damage. Monk
      Mistweaver Fixed an issue preventing Mistweaver’s 4-piece bonus from working with the Essence Font heal applied by Faeline Stomp. Windwalker UPDATE (4) Set Bonus: Fists of Fury now instead enhances your next 3 Rising Sun Kicks or Spinning Crane Kicks and enhanced kicks increase damage your next Fists of Fury deals by 5%, stacking up to 3 times. (4) Set Bonus now only increases the damage of Fists of Fury by 5% for each stack, instead of granting Versatility during Fists of Fury for each stack. Developers’ note: We decided that flat damage was more appropriate for a DPS class bonus than Versatility. Paladin
      Holy NEW (2) Set Bonus: Holy Shock increases the critical strike chance of your spells by 4% for 10 seconds. NEW (4) Set Bonus: Holy Light, Flash of Light, Light of Dawn, and Bestow Faith healing is increased by 6% and their critical effects increase the damage or healing of your next Holy Shock by 20%. Developers’ note: The Holy Class Set was more rotationally impactful than we like. We replaced the (2) Set Bonus with an easily maintained buff to your healing. For the (4) Set Bonus, we added some passive healing bonuses to give consistent value and removed the ability for Holy Shock to trigger enhancements to itself. Protection (2) Set Bonus: Versatility buff increased to 5% for 10 sec (up from 4% for 4 sec). Retribution NEW (2) Set Bonus: Judgment, Blade of Justice, and Wake of Ashes damage increased by 15%. NEW (4) Set Bonus: Templar’s Verdict / Final Verdict and Divine Storm damage increased by 10%. Developers’ note: We heard you that the previous class set was going to impact your rotational decisions negatively and that it had limited value in AOE. The new (2) Set Bonus empowers your strongest Holy Power generators and the (4) Set Bonus boosts your big damage spenders. Priest
      Discipline (4) Set Bonus: Amount that Penance empowers Power Word: Shield reduced to 60% of its damage or 18% of its healing (was 100% / 30%). Holy (4) Set Bonus: Bonus changed to 10% critical strike for 6 seconds (was 15% for 8 seconds). Shadow (2) Set Bonus: Damage buff reduced to 12% per stack (was 20%). (4) Set Bonus: Bonus reduced to 4% Haste (was 5%). Shaman
      Elemental 2-piece and 4-piece bonuses now work with Elemental Blast if taken. (2) Set Bonus: Now increases the damage of your next Earth Shock / Elemental Blast or Earthquake by 5%, stacking 5 times (was 2.5% stacking 10 times). (4) Set Bonus: Increases your Mastery by 8% for 5 seconds (was 10% for 10 seconds). Fixed a bug cause the 2-piece bonus to activate from every hit of Chain Lightning. Now activates once per cast. Enhancement UPDATE (2) Set Bonus: Stormstrike increases the damage of your next Fire, Frost, or Nature ability by 10% and causes it to generate 1 stack of Maelstrom Weapon. Now affects all Fire, Frost, and Nature direct damage abilities, Flame Shock excluded. NEW (4) Set Bonus: Consuming Maelstrom Weapon stacks increases your Haste by 1% for each stack consumed for 4 seconds. Developers’ note: We heard your feedback that the (2) Set Bonus only affecting Lava Lash impacted your talent decisions, so we broadened it to affect whatever you want to use. Flame Shock is not affected because its direct damage component is very low and we don’t want players to have to track variations in its damage over time. The (4) Set Bonus bonus granted cooldown reduction, which often isn’t valuable, so we replaced it with a consistent bonus that still rewards generating Maelstrom Weapon stacks. Restoration NEW (4) Set Bonus: Your critical heals have 215% effectiveness instead of the usual 200%. Developers’ note: The previous (4) Set Bonus was providing an enhancement during a time you were doing less healing and had variable uptime depending on talent choices. We replaced it with a consistent throughput bonus that is enhanced by the (2) Set Bonus. Warlock
      Destruction NEW (4) Set Bonus: Your critical strikes deal 208% damage instead of the usual 200%. Developers’ note: We agree the previous (4) Set Bonus had too much randomness and limited value for AOE abilities. We replaced it with a consistent critical damage bonus that’ll enhance your Chaos Bolts and combo with the critical strike chance from the (2) Set Bonus. Warrior
      Protection Ignore Pain granted changed to 5% of damage dealt (was 10%).
    • By Stan
      The creator of Subcreation, Alcaras, created a visual comparison of M+ and raid item level distribution, comparing the ongoing Shadowlands Season 4 with Dragonflight Season 1.
      With the recent changes that surfaced about Great Vault scaling up to +18 in Dragonflight Season 1 and the introduction of Unique Drops, Alcaras created a visual representation of item level distribution in Mythic+ and raids in both Shadowlands Season 4 and Dragonflight Season 1.

Source: Reddit
    • By Starym
      Fishbones is back with more Glyphs, this time creating grimoire casting animations for spells! We've already seen the very talented glyph-maker take on many classes and create various cool and weird concepts from them (ranging from blacksmith elementals and Warrior battle standards to many versions of Paladin wings, Zandalari Warlock minions and a lot more) and now casters get to sling spells out of giant books!
      These would need to be for longer cast spells, as the standard ones may get a little annoying with the flashy animation, as acknowledged by Fishbones as well.
    • By Starym
      When it comes to fan creations there are many different levels of awesome, from something you can see a ton of passion was put into and it's cool because of that, to a unique art style used, creativity at work etc. But sometimes there really is no need to qualify the awesomeness, as the work really speaks for itself. And, well, TethanProps' Frostmourne lightsaber 3D print is just that:
      And here's an earlier video without the light part:

The best part is  you can actually even buy the files to 3D print it over on TethanProps' Etsy shop (for around $16)! Some truly impressive work and the Lich King himself would be proud.