FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
JeffKW

Crusader Blessed Hammer Build

Uncommon Patron

This is about my 3rd crusader, but have never really went far w/ it, until now. I was not impressed w/ hardly any of there skills, until now....I tweaked the Blessed Hammer new 70 build. It was using all wrath w/ only the Law of Valor reducing wrath cost for a few seconds, so I found myself in a fight, with no wrath...That's not to say the Blessed Hammer Build isn't pretty nice! Just not for me, unless you have the set providing the bonus damage to it. What is the reason behind a build that doesn't use a wrath generator? 

On 9/5/2021 at 6:30 PM, JeffKW said:

This is about my 3rd crusader, but have never really went far w/ it, until now. I was not impressed w/ hardly any of there skills, until now....I tweaked the Blessed Hammer new 70 build. It was using all wrath w/ only the Law of Valor reducing wrath cost for a few seconds, so I found myself in a fight, with no wrath...That's not to say the Blessed Hammer Build isn't pretty nice! Just not for me, unless you have the set providing the bonus damage to it. What is the reason behind a build that doesn't use a wrath generator? 

Hey there! The intent is to actually run the Leveling/Fresh 70 build up until the point where you acquire the Blessed Hammer set and transition into the Seeker of the Light beginner build. While both run generator-less and are somewhat tricky to get used to as a beginner, the former is much easier on Wrath management due to the presence of both Provoke and Long Arm of the Law in the build, which help out a lot on the resource front. They can both be modified to include a generator skill, but there is a general intent to get the player used to the generator-less playstyle, which is more or less universal across the high end Crusader builds; the earlier you learn to manage Wrath via cooldowns, the easier your transition into endgame builds will be.

Uncommon Patron

Thank you for the explanation.  I have seen many run it and do excellent at it. Unfortunately I can't seem to get it. LOL, I will keep w/ my Demon Hunter....Ha...just love the versatility they have.