Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darmacias

Blood Avoidance Build?

10 posts in this topic

I was acutally wondering when it would be best to switch over to an avoidance build on my DK, or if I am already ready.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Darmacias/advanced

I have been hearing about Bloods Switching over to avoidance for better DPS in the raid, but i know there is a point on when I should move over.

BTW this DK is an alt so that is why he has some DPS gear.  I don't raid with him very often.

If you're just raiding normal and flex then you're definitely geared enough to play an avoidance build. I've tanked a full clear normal on an alt DK with a mostly avoidance build, and only around a 545 ilvl. and I was avoidance tanking heroics on my main DK starting at around 560 ilvl.

Yeah honestly I leveled an alt dk instantly went avoidance since 500ilvl-570 (which is what he is now) i started tanking heroics at 554 so your fine to switch as soon as you want (part of the reason i was able to do it from 500 ilvl-570 is cause i was rather use to it i'm assuming compared to some people use to mastery where you take like no damage at all and i was use to spike damage and such)

But yeah not i'm going full crit on both my dks (or atleast mostly crit) do to the fact i don't die on any fights even solo tanking heroic thok Altho i will admit i'm not 14/14 heroic i'm only 11/14 heroic so this may change as i progress

Parrystacking over a Mastery build isn't actually a very big survival loss. I'd say its more damage with very little survivability drop. You'll get faster SoB stacks with an avoidance build which somewhat evens the gap. Back when I switched over to heavy Parry I honestly didn't see any noticeable difference in my damage intake, but I was dishing out slightly bigger numbers.

I'm sort of running a hybrid build atm with Parry > dodge >= mastery. Trying to drop more mastery for more avoidance, but the loot gods havent been in my favor regarding that.

Edited by Ceraius

the parry build brings more rng or rather more Dr-ing into account where you can get spiked for alot of your health but that's just something that kinda happens with dks and you'll have to learn to live with no matter what build you are unless you go full crit like me then your yay full health jk cloak just procced just because of boss auto attacks

Edited by Drtain

So far the spikiness has been nonexistant or a non-issue. We have plenty of tools at our disposal to deal with that if the RNG isn't in your favor.

well yeah but theres times where you get wrecked and your cloak or something will proc and your like darn persay on like idk garrosh or paragons i've had times where i get like 5 parries in a row then my parry drs to nothing and it's kinda hard to keeptrack of it but yeah death pact +healthstones purgatory etc

I haven't really ran into that issue. The only fights the cape/purgatory proc "regularly" are while solo soaking Malkorok HC and solotanking Thok HC. Outside those two it takes some major fuckup for them to proc.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hindrigan
      I just can't find the answer.  Why are elemental shamans who  take ascendance as their final talent not supposed to use earth shock during ascendance?  earth shock does 920% spell power.  lava burst does 275%.  If you overload with lava burst you do an additional 206% totaling 481% spell power.  if you have 25% crit during ascendance lava burst is now 343% spell power and the overload is 257% equaling a total of 600% spell power.  you are missing out on a instant cast spell for 320%  additional spell power worth of damage; and quite often times twice during ascendance.  that's 640% spell power which is more than a lava burst cast during ascendance with 25% crit.
      I currently have 18% crit chance and during ascendance I'm critting lava burst at 434k (not extremely well geared I know, but the ratio is still present).  earth shock at 100 maelstrom non crit is 400k.  If you don't crit with earth shock you lose very little damage.  However, if you crit  with earth shock you do easily over 1million damage (several lava burst crits worth)  I really don't see a down side to using earth shock during ascendance other than 2-4 seconds off of fire elemental due to elementalist in your artifact tree.
      By all means show me that I'm being silly. Please.  Thanks all
    • By Zeliel
      Hi, ill make it simple, i want to be the strongest tank posible, i want my hp to never drop below 60%, im doing heroic content fairly well, for example at krosus more than 12 stacks its very very hard but i want more, i want to hold more, be stronger. Ive been very luky and i have 5 legendarys, lana'thel lament, prydaz, sephuz, shackles of bryndaor and rattlegore bone legplates, i think prydaz is a very safe bet for raid but for the second legendary which should i use? shackles truly gives sooo much healing? lanathels has the perfect stats pls 5% buff...
      Here is my info http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Zeliel/advanced
      Thank you for your time.

PD: what abount trinkets? i like the life trinket any other trinket worth looking for?
    • By Hindrigan
      Has anyone else been doing more damage with aftershock than with ancestral swiftness (lvl 60 tier talents)?  the big thing I've been noticing is how many more earth shocks I'm getting off.  Other things are that I don't ever have to worry about how i'm going to set up my maelstrom for full length flame shocks and icefury/frost shock casts. Also, lower damage decrease while moving due to more maelstrom. I'm 865 and I'm doing 20-28k more dmg with aftershock.  Your thoughts
    • By DonLionheart
      Hello all,
      I don't know where else to go for help.  I've been struggling with enhance since the changes in 7.1.5.  Originally I thought it was a gear issue because I was performing okay on some fights in Heroic NH, but as I've gotten more gear over the past week, my numbers haven't gone up.  Here are the logs from my raid tonight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/N8P9vaGYHCFbmtDA#type=damage-done&boss=-2&difficulty=0
      I had been using Windsong and Overcharge last week, but noticed that it was just not working out, so when I swapped to Tempest instead, my numbers were about the same, so I've been using Windsong, Tempest, and FoA, like the  Wordup guide says.  Here's a link to my Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Arthas/Donlionheart/advanced
      I've run a few sims, but I'm new to sims and I'm not sure I'm inputting the data right, so it's not worth mentioning the outcomes.  Basically, I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I tested out the Hot Hands talent on the dummy tonight after raid, and I did a Windsong test too, and for some reason, they were withing 10k of one another, with Hot Hands coming out on top.  Windsong seemed to give me a bigger opening burst, but I was higher more often and for longer with Hot Hands, though by the time I stopped after 4 minutes for each, they were so close it was barely worth mentioning.  Any advice is welcome, thanks.
      -Don
      P.S. I'm also using Chesder's (from MMO Champion) TellMeWhen strings, so maybe there's a problem with those.  If anyone has WeakAuras strings to recommend, or different TMW strings, let me know.  I used to use WeakAuras from another Shaman (a girl, I think the name was Corixa, but she doesn't make them anymore), and moved to TMW when a friend had some good strings.  Thank you.
    • By Xathran
      Hey guys!

just thought i'd share my frost dk weakauras ive been working on.
      check them out and feedback is always welcome!

Main HUD: https://wago.io/NyYklZ2wf
      Runes: https://wago.io/EymNg-2vG

Thanks and enjoy!