FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

WOD BETA DISCUSSION w/SCREENSHOTS

where can you buy plans from? i know you get em from questing but im capped at 92 and dont want to keep wasting quests and not getting xp from them just to find plans. I havnt gotten any yet except the first building they have you set up.

You can't buy them yet.  Items are locked.  You can view them from a Goblin on the road, to the left of the Barracks you build.

yea and i just realized that unless you have alchemy you are stuck at level 1. That was kinda poor planning on blizz. I get its beta but only alchs can test garrison functionality?

so i managed to eye of kilrogg my way inside karabor/black temple.

This is the main entrance where you walk in after killing supremus. there are a lot of places to explore inside. not much resembles BT tho.

wajUGMq.jpg

dsYrlr4.jpg

heres the top where you fought illidan. obviously looks nothing like it should. A bit upset about that.

VM6ukkW.jpg

Edited by vaeevictiss
  • Like 1

there are a lot of places to explore inside. not much resembles BT tho.

heres the top where you fought illidan. obviously looks nothing like it should. A bit upset about that.

Maybe Illidan hired some contractors to fix it up when he moved in. He couldn't have blown all his cash on those multi-armed whore demons

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/8574

Dummy logs of lvl 100 warlock with all pvp gear.

NOTE:

• I wasn't trying for max DPS, just raw data.
  • I rarely used DS
  • I only have one trinket on because I didn't want procs
  • Yes, I was buffed raid buffed.
  • Yes that includes food, NOT flask because I think they removed them for WoD? At least you don't get it when you click the mass buffy thing near the dummies
  • These are NOT final numbers, blizz isn't nearly done with tweeking damage and we aren't done finding the "right" rotations
  • These are being used for data and for "before" numbers.
  • I forgot to label most of the logs, sorry.

Lots of pictures

For anyone unaware, that is not what it will look like. I know most of you probably know, but inevitably someone will panic. All that grey is simply missing a texture, much like the Dark Portal right now. Will probably match the blood-elf type art of that one thing in the second picture.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/8574

• Yes that includes food, NOT flask because I think they removed them for WoD? At least you don't get it when you click the mass buffy thing near the dummies

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/AHpW4kDPa1GTxLX8#type=auras

It gave you a mastery flask.  I think they give you a flask based on your attunement.  Got a mastery one as guardian and a haste one as resto.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/AHpW4kDPa1GTxLX8#type=auras

It gave you a mastery flask.  I think they give you a flask based on your attunement.  Got a mastery one as guardian and a haste one as resto.

Ooooo okay, I found it now. I was looking for some kind of int buff and got none. Secondary flask...cool.

Versatility seems boring. I tried getting it on every item and ended up with 961 = 72% dmg and 42% dmg reduction. Though using mastery items give more damage.

There is a bug that is making Versatility's tooltip have an extra 2 at the end of each numerical representation of what that stat does.  It's not 72% damage increase and 42% damage decrease - it's 7% increase and 4% decrease.

Woot Beta!  I'll finally be able to hit up the dummies and start messing around!.

I read a tweet today about Mystic SoO raiding by Watcher!  Hopefully there are some Mythic raids going on this week to play in...

Edit:  My name has been used already on PTR?  WTF...

Edited by Soulzar

I'm going to be organizing a 20 man Mythic SoO on Saturday.  I'll post details when I line it up.

• Like 1

I want my UI in beta. sad.png At least my WAs. I could function with just WAs.

I want my UI in beta. sad.png At least my WAs. I could function with just WAs.

Yeah I feel a bit odd hitting dummies with no meters rolling.. lol

Didn't get time to get logs rolling before servers went down.

I honestly don't care about meters. I want my WAs simply because it's how I track basically everything, including resources. The tiny resource meters they put on their already tiny health bars combined with having their buttons way out all over the very outsides of the screen make it a lot more difficult to actually pay attention to everything.

Changes as of July 9...

Tier Pieces

Destruction 2pc - when Immolate deals damage, 15% chance to generate an entire Burning Ember

Destruction 4pc - when a Burning Ember fills up, you have a 25% chance to gain a buff that makes Chaos Bolt's cast time reduce by 50% and not cost a Burning Ember

Demonology 2pc - grants an extra charge of Hand of Gul'dan and gives Corruption ticks a 10% chance to regenerate an entire charge of Hand of Gul'dan.

Gameplay

Affliction - Soul Swap now costs one Soul Shard

The Destruction 2pc is going to alter the way you play slightly.  Instead of holding between 3 and 4 Burning Embers while you wait for a proc, now you'll wait between 2 and 3 so that you don't waste a proc.  No ICD information available yet, but it looks very similar to the Demonology T16 4pc, so I would estimate an 8% proc rate similar to the Hand of Gul'dan proc currently.

The Destruction 4pc is going to do some crazy things such as making Chaos Bolt almost GCD capped as well as not consuming a Burning Ember.  With a 25% proc rate on filling an ember, this mechanic follows exactly like the Destruction T16 4pc, so I would early estimate a 10 second ICD.  Very powerful set bonus.

Demonology 2pc increases charges of Hand of Gul'dan to 3 and gives Corruption a 10% chance to proc an additional charge.  This will play out similarly to how the Destruction bonus will in that you'll never want to be at 2 charges so that you don't waste a proc.  Seeing as how Shadowflame is still limited to two stacks, you would simply use your charges to extend a 2 stack of Shadowflame the best you can.  This also means you'd get 3 charges of Chaos Wave which could be very good for quick snap burst on adds. 

The Soul Swap nerf has been needed.  It's a bit overpowered to be able to mindlessly move DoTs around while poor Shadow Priests have to cast every single one.  This is an appropriate nerf and one that is well warranted.  Some of you will be sad, but if you need any proof of why Soul Swap is crazy, outlandishly overpowered, go watch some Affliction PvP videos or any Affliction PvE fight.

The Soul Swap nerf has been needed.  It's a bit overpowered to be able to mindlessly move DoTs around while poor Shadow Priests have to cast every single one.  This is an appropriate nerf and one that is well warranted.  Some of you will be sad, but if you need any proof of why Soul Swap is crazy, outlandishly overpowered, go watch some Affliction PvP videos or any Affliction PvE fight.

I feel the Soul Swap nerf is too heavy handed though.

Making it cost a Soul Shard seems excessive - they could just as easily slap a cooldown on it. With no more snapshotting, the current absurd playstyle of DoT extension through Soul Swap will cease to exist.

I'm keen to see how much Haste Affliction Warlocks will have once the first tier opens in WoD, and how much Nightfall will be proccing. 

As it stands, if you go with Chaotic Resources, you will expend all 4 shards in the first second, and I fear the spec will be resource starved quite a bit.

Tier Pieces

Destruction 2pc - when Immolate deals damage, 15% chance to generate an entire Burning Ember

Destruction 4pc - when a Burning Ember fills up, you have a 25% chance to gain a buff that makes Chaos Bolt's cast time reduce by 50% and not cost a Burning Ember

This seems ok. Ember generation already seems absurd, however.

Watched a warlock stream of Shadowmoon Burial Grounds and he was basically generating 2 full embers with just 3 casts of incinerate.

Charred Remains paired with these set bonuses will be ridiculous.

One thing I fear is the spec will truly become 'braindead'. You basically maintain immolate, and spam Chaos Bolt.

Paired with GoSac, our execute phase is going to be INSANE :)

I feel the Soul Swap nerf is too heavy handed though.

Making it cost a Soul Shard seems excessive - they could just as easily slap a cooldown on it. With no more snapshotting, the current absurd playstyle of DoT extension through Soul Swap will cease to exist.

If you want to multi-DoT, you should have to cast each DoT on each target, just like Moonkins, Shadow Priests, etc.  Soul Swap is interesting, but if you want to use it, it should have a cost.  Even without snapshotting, it's too easy to apply vast amounts of pressure in such little time compared to other classes.  You either have to put a cost on Soul Swap or give it to other multi-DoT classes.