saarmi

[Arcane] Gear and other questions?

9 posts in this topic

Hello! 580 arcane mage here always wanting to learn more about my class and what the best gear is!

Now that we have 16 upgrades (ilvls) is there any change in what the bis gear is?

Should i use the wand from spoils or the sword from nazgrim?

I am using mrrobot at the moment to reforge correctly, should i use any specific weights or are the normal good enough?

The bis list for arcane mages? Mostly thinking about non warforged items.

Basically all pieces tat ave mastery and aste on tem. For your offpiece you want te arros Ebon Ritual ood, wilst keepin te 4set

Te wand is better tan nazrim sword if you are any race except nome or uman. 

My laptop decided it isnt oin to type two letters so you mit miss tem. 

Berlinia

• Like 1

Hello. I am a 532 mage and i am currently doing about 130k dps for single target. i was told i should be in the 150k-200k range. Any tips on how i might be able to get closer to that 150-200 range. Let me know! Thanks!

I am Frost btw

I have moved your questions to a separate topic here: http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/6453-dools-help-request/

Also, please read the guidelines about how to ask for help here: http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/201-how-to-ask-for-help-with-your-mage/

To expand on op, should upgrade priority be ilvl based (something you won't soon replace) or stats (even though you know you will get an upgrade). Most I know upgrade based on ilvl.

My method is to keep as much valor available as possible (damn the caps) so that I can upgrade as soon as I get the replacement. Unless, of course, it is mid-raid; I will not ask 9 other people to stand around and wait for me to upgrade, gem and reforge. Perhaps Blizzard can modify the reforge mount to have an upgrade passenger replace the reforge passenger.

I also encourage the jewel crafters on my team to carry extra gems into the raid in case someone gets an upgrade. I carry a good stock of enchanting mats (including cloth for spell threads). The boost in a player's confidence that they just got an upgrade will impact their performance for the remainder of the raid (and hopefully beyond).

Edited by Belicosa

I can agree with Belicosa... I went with whatever would provide me the most stats and now I'm crying.

Askmrrobot recommend upgrading based on stats, but I also prefer to do it based on ilvl/BiS items first. I think considering the valor cap, it's more cost effective.

OP: items with mastery/haste are BiS and for 4p bonus, as was already recommended, BiS is still the hood from garrosh + 4 other pieces of the set. You can change that only if you have an heroic warforge non-set piece. Like for instance the shoulders from protectors, then you do the 4p with the hood from the set, etc. Also if you have 2 heroic warforge items, it might be worthy to give up 4p and do 2p bonus, with the rest heroic warforged.

Ok since we are on the topic I have some questions when it comes to weapons for Arcane, since its Arcane I play. I saw in a previous post asking if 2H weapons are better then MH/OH in which the answer was givien MH/OH is better.

My first question is that still the case and besides the Warchief Staff off of Garrosh is the Staff of Arrogance the best 2H?

My second question is what is the best OH, Revelations of Y'Sharr?

Finally, I know you guys said that the Wand off of Spoils is better then the Arcblade off of General Nazgrim but is it the best OH weapon there?

Edited by Tigersharrk

Hey Tigershark,

Generally on weapons I would go with: HCWF>HC>WF>Normal>Flex
Secondly: Spoils + Revelations > Spoils + Jugger > Weaver + Revelations > Weaver + Jugger 

Unless you are human of course but there I do not know the answer

Essentially this means:
Assuming you are dranaei and you have HCWF Nazgrim sword, that is better than HC Spoils wand.

Hope this helps
Berlinia

Ok, so I should stop rolling on the staff of arrogance then (Right now doing flex)and use my extra roll on something better.

Kinda sad that staff's aren't as good as MH/OHsad.png, I like staff's its one of the things I horde...besides shoulders and helms.