FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

The Jailer Defeat Cinematic (Sepulcher Raid Finale)

47195-wow-shadowlands-the-jailers-identi

The wait is finally over and here's the Jailer defeat cinematic that plays after you defeat Zovaal in Sepulcher of the First Ones. The boss has only been defeated in Normal difficulty so far. The cinematic depicts the end of the Shadowlands story and contains major spoilers! 

And in case you missed it, here's the intro cinematic from the fight as well:

We might be finding out "what is to come" on April 19th as the next expansion will be revealed.

Oooh, what a shock, a vague warning of something coming will explain all of his actions to date!    And it's so powerful as to dwarf previous threats!   

Surely we'll find out all about it in game with the next patch, and not have big portions put into out of game books or patches 3 years from now as we follow Sylvannas's zany journey across the multiverse?

edit: Also I'm sure it'll somehow take care of that Giant Sword still killing Azeroth!    Probably.

Edited by Migol

13 minutes ago, Melcahia said:

is this the first kill mythic Jailer?

No, this was on Normal. He hasn't been killed on Heroic yet either, and ZERO bosses have been killed on Mythic.

Blizzard writers at theirs best 🤣

One could hope that the cycle of riddles that plague the story for 4 years would finally end...

Edited by kacerz

Now what?  What are we Going to kill next? The supreme gods of all universes, and then the supreme overlord titan of all multiverses?

People dont miss horde vs aliance, we miss good storytelling, with well written characters, the best you can expect is them to be a thrall to grab some coins for you.

I cant be more disapointed than i already am, isnt possible, if i dig more, ill start going to The surface, atleast i didnt see any sylvanas bs. 

Baine is the only one with common sense, "maybe she shouldnt " was his phrase and exactly my thoughts, why Everyone in this game must be "corrupted" because green or purple is bad, thats utterly retardation, this game story is evolving backwards, becoming everyday more childish.

What is to come ? Another hyper heaven or something like that ? Voidlords?  They Will destroy azeroth indeed, but only in your imagination, just like Last Bfa's patch, everything is only a dream

Me at the fight intro cinematic: "Oh, this actually looks promising."

Me at this cinematic: "Aaaand offcourse they had to take that away again. They don't do promising things here."

• Thanks 1

At face value it would have been ok, but i kinda lost trust. 

In BFA sylvanas did all those horrendous things and it was implied she had interesting reasons and i even had hope it'll be cool, but come SL we find that wasn't the case. 

Its the same now. If they'll give an amazing explanation next expo, it will be good, but I'm doubting they will. 

1 hour ago, Teta said:

Everyone in this game must be "corrupted" because green or purple is bad.

Golden is still out there.

This is as disappointing as the end of N'zoth. Perhaps even more so, since they haven't revealed anything. Feels like story is still in pretty much same place. We've defeated Burning Legion and Sargeras, then N'zoth and finally the Jailer, but Void Lords are still coming! For several expansions now. If next one isn't about them, then they will have to wait some more. Those villains are very polite, patiently waiting for their turn!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Staff said:

47195-wow-shadowlands-the-jailers-identi

The wait is finally over and here's the Jailer defeat cinematic that plays after you defeat Zovaal in Sepulcher of the First Ones. The boss has only been defeated in Normal difficulty so far. The cinematic depicts the end of the Shadowlands story and contains major spoilers! 

And in case you missed it, here's the intro cinematic from the fight as well:

We might be finding out "what is to come" on April 19th as the next expansion will be revealed.

It seems very much interesting to me.

"Contains major spoilers!"

Well, I dont see any beyond some evil dude telling that even more evil dudes are coming. The same boring crap Blizzard does since many years.

Thank god I´ve stopped trowing money at them long time ago.

Striking at the root, here are some Cata and post-Cata conflict changes I'd make:

Cairne isn't killed, just wounded, and together with Garrosh they go defeat the Grimtotem (sparing Magatha) uprising.

For Sylvanas and Genn, would have the Gilnean conflict either less about aggression by the former (undead don't attack the wall; Gilneans try to escape Cataclysm by going north, mistake Forsaken for Scourge, *filtered* for tat ensues leading to larger conflict with Horde fleet bought in. Greymane's son survives - or better yet that's the backdrop of a truce. Sylvanas and Genn's son are both shot and both are resurrected - by a Val'kyr and a night elf priest, respectively. Enraged by the loss of her val'kyr and the survival of the night elf priest, she commands the worgen to get out, and starts attacking them along with the rest of the Forsaken, and that's how they end up losing Gilneas...actually scratch that I REALLY DIDN'T LIKE HOW THESE TWO LOST THEIR STARTING ZONES that was coy laziness on Blizzard's part...Enraged by the loss of her val'kur and the survival of the night elf priest, she commands the worgen to never go north of the wall or they will be attacked on sight, and a portal between Gilneas and Teldrassil is established - or a ship between there and Auberdine, which while damaged, is still intact and more fortified [like Stormwind and Orgrimmar, which were ALSO damaged in the Cataclysm. Former keeps THE PARK DISTRICT TOO]. Hillsbrad conflict is centered more around the Cataclysm with Southshore surviving. Helacular tries to start conflict which leads to the current fortification of Tarren Mill as the Forsaken are blamed - wrongfully in this version of events. Helacular's apprentice is displayed in this version of Tarren Mill in a gibbet cage with the placard "warmongerer". ). 

Garrosh still may expand into Azshara and other places, but his schtick is about gaining resources, not purging the Alliance or any continental manifest destiny. So evil, but not a cliche evil dictator.

Gallywix is replaced by Gazlowe right from the start. Who was playing cube crawl during the goblim quest development?!? Seriously. They keep the island goblin player characters escaped to. So Azshara doesn't undergo major changes. Or it can. Tyrande in the lore is shown to have ceded Azshara to them, so if they want to make it a giant Horde symbol, whatever. I'm not really emotionally invested in this part. I hated grinding for arcane crystals in this area in WoW Classic all the time.

As you can see, the narrative ends up GENUINELY morally grey as a result, and WoW Classic zones are built without murdering half the NPC's that many players like myself care about. 

Sylvanas and Garrosh end up being written from the start as a-holes, but sympathize-able ones(dying race and desert bandits), who don't go around committing mass murders and contradicting their characters right at the start of Cata. In fact you could give Sylvanas her own Stonetalon Mountains moment with Helacular in Hillsbrad, where Tarren Mill is under siege, Helacular tries to claim that this was the inevitable result of bigotry towards the undead, and Sylvanas gloriously tears him apart in typical brutal undead fashion right in front of the Alliance and Horde. That would've been a great moment to really define her character post-Cata like it was supposedly for Garrosh, the latter being subverted with his alliance with the Dragonmaw and then of course at Theramore.

I would also have Camp Taura'jo survive in this version, but as an Alliance main, of course that would be taken as bias on my part. Perhaps make it so instead its attacked but survives?

Major cities like Theramore and Teldrassil and Astranaar would NOT get destroyed in later expansions. The destruction of Lion's Arch in Guild Wars 2 was not popular, no matter how many veteran players they permaban like they did to me; it was edgy and asinine and borderline passive-aggressive on the part of the developers and a massive tragedy in-game for the players. 

I wrote this in response to wowhead comments - the cowardly shills there banned me years ago - trying to defer responsibility for Sylvanas in BfA to Afrasiabi. That's as asinine as a tankie trying to blame Hitler for the Holodomor. No, Stalin is the one that clearly controlled Ukraine during the Holodomor during the period that it happened, and Danuser is the one that clearly controlled the narrative on Sylvanas from the start of Legion onward. Do not attempt to whitewash Teldrassil as solely the fault of a spiteful rapist lore dev just to paint people who are against the genocide of warrior women as misogynists.

If its Afrasiabi's fault, then retcon BfA and Shadowlands in your April 19th annoucement. Bring back Teldrassil and undo any other changes that you claim he influenced - prove your lack of culpability with action to even a shred of the degree you expect me to all the time. Otherwise, take your own advice - STOP. PLAYING. VICTIM. Thanks.

I'll blame Afrasiabi when I see Teldrassil restored in-game along with every man, woman, and child that died there. And Darkshore. And Astranaar. And Brennadam. I don't care how you do it - bronze dragonflight, fairies, even the sacrificial nutjob Zovaal-lite murderer of Ursoc that is the Winter Queen. Bring back Ursoc, too. And Varian and Saurfang. Undo this crap if its his fault or period.

Stop lying and pretending to be all about truth. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of you playing stupid games and deferring the prizes to people like me. I spent my entire life not playing any games besides video games, stupid or otherwise, and for that I'm here, stuck being your thing-I'm-not-allowed-to-call-a-mass-murderer-of-women. I haven't payed for a single WoW expansion since WoD because I'm not paying to be reminded what a "stunning and brave" world of bipartisan projecting victim-playing bullies I was born into IN ONE OF MY FEW ESCAPES FROM IT! 

Wow. this whole expansion was like one of those throwaway episodes of X-Files that had no bearing on the main story, AND one of the episodes where they add a whole new plot line with numerous questions, only to answer none of them. Both rolled into one.

And it was still better than BFA. That's how bad BFA was.

On 3/9/2022 at 8:24 AM, oggeboyn01 said:

complaining changes nothing there are bigger things to complain over its youst a game get yourself a life

Congratulations on showing us all why its better to have a brain than a "life".

Just*. If you weren't so brainwashed to resort to bleating "you" all the time in your psychological projection, you wouldn't have made that spelling error.

Its pretty transparent that you don't want change and why: its how you got your "life" so you can smugly tell others to "get" one. 

Its just a game. No big deal.

Just moralizing child sacrifice and letting the perpetrator off the hook as "misunderstood". There's surely bigger things to complain about than blatant propaganda being pushed that diminishes the inherent value of people's lives and the inherent evil of sacrifice and the shifting of personal responsibility to angry victims in a society that sacrifices others and diminishes the value of people's lives constantly and shifts personal responsibility to anyone that angrily complains about it. No big deal.