FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

A Preview of the New Dracthyr Race in Dragonflight

1MtAdzu.jpeg

Find out more about the new dragonkin race called the Dracthyr coming in World of Warcraft's upcoming Dragonflight expansion.

The Dracthyr will have two forms. A mortal form and a dragon form both being customizable. It will function like Pandaren and you'll eventually have to pick your faction, well, unless you're Doubleagent.

Dracthyr Mortal Form Customization Options

The Dragonflight press kit contains some screenshots of Dracthyr visages.

Dracthyr_Male_Visage_Form_Headshot4.jpgDracthyr_Male_Visage_Form_Full_body1.jpgDracthyr_Female_Visage_Form_Full_body5.jpgDracthyr_Female_Visage_Form_Headshot5.jpg

The dragon form can also be customized to your liking. Some of the options are outlined below.

Dracthyr_Dragon_Form_Headshot6.jpgDracthyr_Dragon_Form_Full_body8.jpg

The new race will have a starting area on the Dragon Isles and the new Evoker class is also limited to Dracthyr.

Finally, here are some animations that we found in the press kit.

Dracthyr Dance Animation

dance anim.gif

Dracthyr Fly Animation

flyanim.gif

Will all other playable races be able to be Evoker? Will they also receive Draconic customization? Not to mention, will the other races get new looks (DI Dawrf, KT, MH Orc etc...)

Probably the worst thing that has been added to World of Warcraft. This is literally Final Fantasy, it has nothing to do with the Warcraft universe, starting with the actual design. Disgusting how the work of creators and veterans is ruined.

5 minutes ago, Dejo93 said:

Will all other playable races be able to be Evoker? Will they also receive Draconic customization? Not to mention, will the other races get new looks (DI Dawrf, KT, MH Orc etc...)

From what I've read, no. The Evoker is exclusive to the Dracthyr as it is the only class they can be.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dejo93 said:

Only Dracthyr can be Evoker and all Dracthyr must be Evoker.

7 minutes ago, Dejo93 said:

It's exclusive to Dracthyr. They are a race-class combo, only class they can be and also no one else can be Evoker.

7 minutes ago, kames said:

Probably the worst thing that has been added to World of Warcraft. This is literally Final Fantasy, it has nothing to do with the Warcraft universe, starting with the actual design. Disgusting how the work of creators and veterans is ruined.

I would prefer if the Dragonflight leaks were a joke, but alas, the game now looks like another generic chinese grind mmo made with only the retention metric in mind and no soul.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andser said:

I would prefer if the Dragonflight leaks were a joke, but alas, the game now looks like another generic chinese grind mmo made with only the retention metric in mind and no soul.

They've made no mention of a grindy power system like there's been in every expansion since Legion. I'm still skeptical myself on that but until there is irrefutable evidence that such a system exists in Dragonflight I see nothing horrendously wrong with what we were shown outside of a few minor complaints that'll likely stop bothering me as time goes on. All they've mentioned is exploration to get new cosmetics for your dragon mount.

33 minutes ago, kames said:

Honestly, I'd prefer something like Viera.

Is it shameful coombait? Yes, but is at least pretty to look at 

36 minutes ago, kames said:

Dragons have nothing to do with WoW? LUL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mugendai said:

I think many people have issue with how they look (I do at least, if their humanoid form are only a reskinned blood elves). Some wanted a bulky Drakonid race, but these look very slim. And they are a completely new race of dragons, one we haven't seen before.

Pretty animations.........seems more to be a range type class than melee with options being dps or healing.  So more than likely either going to be another leather wearer or clothie.  I would be really surprised if it's going to be a mail wearer.

3 minutes ago, Ragingwolf said:

Pretty animations.........seems more to be a range type class than melee with options being dps or healing.  So more than likely either going to be another leather wearer or clothie.  I would be really surprised if it's going to be a mail wearer.

They confirmed it's going to be wearing mail armor. Two specs: ranged damage and healing.

9 minutes ago, Arcling said:

They confirmed it's going to be wearing mail armor. Two specs: ranged damage and healing.

I get the mail choice since only 2 classes uses that but man... I was so happy for another healer and now you ruined all my hype because mail armor is always the worst looking. Why ;_;

1 hour ago, kames said:

you joking right? lol

the dragons in ff look nothing like this

they look like some mutant iguanas from tokyo

I actually really like the new dragon race. It's fresh and new and has a special class to go along with it. The ONLY thing that makes me sad is that they can ONLY be evokers. I would've loved to see what dragon druids could've looked like as well as a bronze dragon priest and a blue dragon mage. I've had so many hopes for dragons for so long and it's a shame we will only ever see them wearing mail. I hope they change their mind and allow this beautiful race to take part in all of the other classes in the future. It would be spectacular! But we'll just have to see how the new race feels in the game. Who knows, perhaps it's best they only get to be evokers.

6 hours ago, kames said:

Really? First off the dragons in ff are ugly, and not comparable to the variety that wow has. Also, it fits lore wise quite well. Dragons have been part of the story and lore since early wow. It's obviouse you 1: dont play the game, and 2: are way too Ff bias to comment on this. If u have nothing good to say and don't know what your talking about it would be best for you to keep your thoughts and opinions to yourself. Its been a while since wow got a hero class and I'm actually excited about 1 new race and new class in one expansion. I hope the race model options aren't only male belfs and female humans though. 

11 hours ago, Ragingwolf said:

They are going to be wearing mail..as told, there are enought leather wearing classes already 🙂

I actually quite like some of the aspects of the humanoid forms. The heads are not bad either. I'm assuming as there's only one of the transformed model released, that they are not defining the female ones with boobs, which is a refreshing change.

But the body the heads are stuck on is underwhelming. It's clearly based on the female worgen skeleton with the big backside and long legs. This is OK for a creature that's supposed to be mammalian and runs on land, but looks silly to have this leggy bottom-heavy creature flying with wings attached to its narrow shoulders. The biomechanics don't work. People are rightly tired of nearly all the male characters having very bulky upper bodies, but for a creature with wings it actually makes sense to have the centre of mass and a lot of musculature in this area.

On 4/19/2022 at 8:05 PM, Mugendai said:

Well yeah this is what happens when ppl never put attention to detail or the Books to know what the Dragon Isles are.

On 4/19/2022 at 2:21 PM, Ragingwolf said:

I mean if you actually watched the announcement you'd know all this for sure....

On 4/23/2022 at 10:54 AM, Dylancraigm said:

I mean if you actually watched the announcement you'd know all this for sure....

Not when I'm at work, and on my lunch break.  Needless to say than to assume everyone has a free 2-4+ hrs to watch a live stream while in the midst of a 10 hr work day friend.