Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Heather

Military Quarter Heroic Mage Decks

1 post in this topic

I like finding ways to beat all the heroic bosses using one class, this week I was hoping for warrior but that wasn't working out so I decided mage would be best.

Instructor Razuvious:

Unfortunately I wasn't able to beat this one with mage so I opted for Icy's Priest deck (which I had to alter it a little because I didn't have some of the cards). It took a few tries but after getting the right hand I was able to defeat him, thoughtsteal was awesome if you happen to steal his weapon. Shall I become triumphant with a mage deck, I will update the post.

Gothik the Harvester:

Goal for this one, live until hes out of cards. Mage is good for this one because of the plentiful AOE's and Freezes. Also, you can destroy those pesky spectral minions with your own hero power.  The strategy is to take out his minions before you worry about him. When you get the spectral minions, either use sunfury protector to taunt them or use the silences on them.

2x Mirror Image
2x Voodoo Doctor
2x Frostbolt
2x Ironbeak Qwl
2x Sunfury Protector
2x Arcane Intellect
2x Frost Nova
1x Ice Barrier
1x Mirror Entity
1x Vaporize
2x Earthen Ring Farseer
2x Fireball
2x Polymorph
2x Spellbreaker
2x Blizzard
1x Argent Commander
2x Flamestrike

I might have switched Mirror Entity for another Ice Barrier but in this case it worked in my favor and gave me an Abomination which cleared the board for me after both Abominations died.

Baron Rivendare:

This one was pretty simple, I packed a few AOE's to take out the first 3 horsemen, (though I ended up killing them one by one because I wasn't dealt many AOE's at first). I also made sure to have plenty of single target freeze cards if his weapon got out of hand. 

2x Arcane Missles
2x Ice Lance
2x Mirror Image
2x Mana Wyrm
2x Voodoo Doctor
2x Arcane Explosion
2x Frostbolt
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Kobold Geomancer
2x Arcane Intellect
2x Frost Nova
1x Ice Barrier
1x Vaporize
2x Earthen Ring Farseer
2x Fireball
1x Argent Commander
1x Flamestrike

He did a number on me before I got control and I was down to 5 health before I had killed the last horseman. Healing cards saved me.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By L0rinda

Blizzard have announced that the next update will contain big changes to the way Arena works.
      The newly announced changes will come into force at the same time as the nerfs to Small-Time Buccaneer and Spirit Claws, which we discussed previously.
      The most important change will be that Arena will change from Wild format to Standard. This will help to keep Arena feeling fresh, as well as make sure that card synergies can be drafted more easily.
      Changes have also been made to the distribution of cards. Common and Basic cards will show up less often, and the frequency of spells and class cards being offered has been raised. The full discussion can be found in the announcement link above, but the main reasoning is to allow players to have more opportunities to outdraft and outplay their opponents, rather than just playing the game on curve.
      This philosophy will have some implications in Standard too. If Blizzard are actively trying to reduce the impact of playing on curve in Arena, this could mean that they will carry over the same thoughts into constructed play. I feel that moving away from the style, unaffectionately known as Curvestone, would be good for the game. The changes will almost certainly be welcomed in the Arena community, and it is good to see Blizzard making them now, rather than waiting for the next set to launch.
    • By FreezedIce
      Im making a telegram bot that can send you new decks and news from https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone.
      It already can send some decks and filter them by class and deck format.
      Im going to open bot for all users in next few weeks. 
      Any suggestions?
      Pic1 Pic2 Pic3 Pic4

• By Sappora
      Methodical is in search of dedicated players that are looking to push content in a semi-hardcore environment. All of our raiders try to be on a first-name basis with each other. Our raids are very fun when it comes to farm and carries, however, we do clean up when it's time for progression. When it comes to raiding we do provide benefits, paid for by selling carries. 
      All-in-all we are looking for players willing to: consistently improve their performance, take responsibility, and synergize with a group of players. If this interests you, all of our info is below.
      Information:
      Guild: Methodical
      Creation: 2013
      Server: Bleeding Hollow
      Faction: Horde
      VoIP: Discord
      Raids:
      Raid Progression: 7/7 M EN, 3/3 H ToV, 1/10 M NH
      Raid Dates: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday.
      Raid Times: 9:30P-12:30A EST (Be online by 9:15P)
      Benefits:
      Spirit Cauldrons
      Potion Program
      Extensive Raid Repairs
      Recruitment:
      Those that are low we are not in need of but will trial, those medium and high are in need!
      demon (hunter)    medium
      druid (restoration)    medium
      monk (dd)    high
      paladin (retribution)    high
      priest (dd)    high
      warlock    high
      If interested please contact one of the players listed below we can give information about: Bleeding Hollow, Methodical, and our raids. 
      Contact Info:
      Merkshow#1993 (GM)
      Sappora#1724 (Recruitment)
      Franny#1457 (Officer)
      Borlax#1380 (Officer)
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Kazakus Zoo Warlock Gadgetzan Standard deck.
    • By Avayl
      Hey guys, we're a newly formed guild on Stormrage alliance. Most of our leadership transferred over here from a heavy progression mythic guild just to run something a bit more casual and be a part of something a bit less dramatic. Although we're quite laid back we will still be looking to progress quickly through normal, heroic, and later on mythic NH. Not a super hard push, more about having fun and killing bosses than world/server firsts. That said we do still expect you to be prepared, on time, and skilled at your class/spec.
      Progression raids are on Saturdays and Sundays, We are looking for 875+. There is also a more casual raid on Fridays that does normal.
      Saturday and Sunday 6pm EST until 10pm EST.
      Friday starts at 10pm EST. 865+
      Class needs:
      Melee DPS - DK, Ret Pally, Warrior, Rogue
      Ranged DPS - Shadow Priest
      Healers - Druid
      Any dps that has an offspec tank is a huge plus!
      We're a tight knit guild and run +'s and Kara all the time. Always have things on calendar and discord is very active.
      If this seems like a good fit for you please contact me here or one of our officers in game.
      Purake- Parker#1401
      Zeraphel (GM)- Yami#11320
      Adorno- Steamsh0vel#1446