Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Archimage

[General] Challenge Mode BiS for Mages

13 posts in this topic

I've recently gotten interested in Challenge modes, I was wondering what the Best In Slot for Mages are since Items gets scaled down.

Helm Vilebreath Mask
Neck Alc's Pendant of Fiery Dreams <-- change to Odyssian Choker, drops from Twins
Shoulder Mantle of Arcane Mystery
Back Forgeflame Greatcloak No multi/haste combo, can craft BIS. 
Chest Hexweave Robe of the Savage <- crit MS crafted
Bracer Hexweave Bracers of the Savage <- crit ms crafted 
Gloves Meatmonger's Gory Grips <- crit ms, drops from Butcher, also BoE
Belt Lightbinder Girdle
Pants Sea-Cursed Leggings
Boots Primal Gladiator's Treads of Prowess <- keep
Ring1 Mark of Ice, crit+MS, hc dung drop
Ring2 Legendary Ring, the proc works in cms still
Trink1 PvP proc trinket, switch to 640 alch when it's released
Trink2 Coagulated Genesaur Blood
Weapon = Staff from Imperator

credit to Durrtygoodz

Helm Vilebreath Mask

Neck Alc's Pendant of Fiery Dreams <-- change to Odyssian Choker, drops from Twins

Shoulder Mantle of Arcane Mystery

Back Forgeflame Greatcloak No multi/haste combo, can craft BIS. 

Chest Hexweave Robe of the Savage <- crit MS crafted

Bracer Hexweave Bracers of the Savage <- crit ms crafted 

Gloves Meatmonger's Gory Grips <- crit ms, drops from Butcher, also BoE

Belt Lightbinder Girdle

Pants Sea-Cursed Leggings

Boots Primal Gladiator's Treads of Prowess <- keep

Ring1 Mark of Ice, crit+MS, hc dung drop

Ring2 Legendary Ring, the proc works in cms still

Trink1 PvP proc trinket, switch to 640 alch when it's released

Trink2 Coagulated Genesaur Blood

Weapon = Staff from Imperator

credit to Durrtygoodz

just curious, do we still use frost as talent for cm wod run? if yes then why don't stack multi and crit/vers stats on every possible gear?

and i use copeland clarity for now, is pvp trinket (int proc vers is it?) doing better?

sorry for asking too much

Edited by Oltier

just curious, do we still use frost as talent for cm wod run? if yes then why don't stack multi and crit/vers stats on every possible gear?

and i use copeland clarity for now, is pvp trinket (int proc vers is it?) doing better?

sorry for asking too much

Frost is specialization. :P Most likely, yes. Has burst if needed and over all consistent. But just go with whatever, frankly. Getting gold is not extremely challenging. :P We stack MS, crit where it makes sense.

If that trinket is included in the BiS list, then it's better. Because cannot be any better ones, than the best... :P

Frost is specialization. tongue.png Most likely, yes. Has burst if needed and over all consistent. But just go with whatever, frankly. Getting gold is not extremely challenging. tongue.png We stack MS, crit where it makes sense.

If that trinket is included in the BiS list, then it's better. Because cannot be any better ones, than the best... tongue.png

thanks for the reply :D

gonna spend my cp on trinket then

Why are all multistrike items not BiS? For instance, Fireflash Bracers of the Relentless have only the secondary of multistrike instead of splitting it between multistrike and another secondary stat. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Archimage said:

For the Weapon, isn't Warmongering Gladiator's Battle StaffWarmongering Gladiator's Battle Staff a valid due to Haste/Mutlistrike? The Honor staff also gives the same stats in Challenge Mode.

Isn't this thread from like a year ago? :P

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

Isn't this thread from like a year ago? :P

This thread comes up rather high in Google, so instead of opening a new topic, I'm continuing on this one that is already open and most of the stuff still valid WoD.

14 minutes ago, Archimage said:

This thread comes up rather high in Google, so instead of opening a new topic, I'm continuing on this one that is already open and most of the stuff still valid WoD.

Good idea!

On 21.5.2016 at 7:15 PM, Archimage said:

For the Weapon, isn't Warmongering Gladiator's Battle StaffWarmongering Gladiator's Battle Staff a valid due to Haste/Mutlistrike? The Honor staff also gives the same stats in Challenge Mode.

Yeah, PvP gear is completely fine in CMs. People often use it to fill slots rather than having to grab it from raids. The Baleful gear can also be fantastic, as well as Timewalking stuff. Especially if your class is fine with stacking single stat gear, Timewalking gear can be very powerful.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684  or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - 5 or more Mythic boss kills.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Monk: Healer.
      Druid: Balance and Guardian.
      Priest: Shadow and Holy
      Other dps will also be considered.
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting DPS & Heals, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 8/10N NH 4/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, or any type of Monk. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required. We are pushing progression on Il'gynoth, and look forward to finishing off EN then moving on to Nighthold, we will be intermittently working on Mythic TOV.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review, make a character on our realm and inbox me, or hit me up on real ID (violentravi#1826).  Alternatively, if you are old school, please apply via our website:  http://www.adelante-guild.com
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild
    • By Fendorn009
      Trying to get myself geared better but seem to be having problems.  Artifact is almost full on fire.  Just having to unlock the 3rd trait is being a pain.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/drakthul/Herad/advanced
    • By mxyates
      So I love this brawlers guild and have thoroughly enjoyed the challenge up until meatball. Now I'm just bitter. I'm a frost mage but I also tried arcane and I can't touch this guy. Ive tried any and ever strategy and buff I'm able to afford and haven't even got him under 50% yet. I'm 865 so I feel like it should be possible I didn't think my gear would be a problem until rank six honestly. So any advice or help or tips or whatever I'm desperate.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Value Reno Mage Gadgetzan Standard deck.